SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
Build to Fly? FLY to BUILD!
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang0au View Post
thanks, but - i should have clarified - i meant the config for this section of the config.h file ...
Lol! Sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickEis View Post
And I do not believe I can program my transmitter to change roll to another channel....can you with your transmitter?
Rick
What model Tx do you have?
Legot is offline Find More Posts by Legot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:09 PM
United States, AZ, Prescott Valley
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legot View Post

What model Tx do you have?
Legot,

Ha, I have an old hitec - http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/ManualPrism7XFM.pdf

But id get a new one if that is what it will take - so far I have been able to do all I want with this one

Is one able to program these newer transmitters to change roll to another channel....can you with your transmitter?

Rick
RickEis is offline Find More Posts by RickEis
Last edited by RickEis; Dec 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:17 AM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Legot,

Ha, I have an old hitec - http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/ManualPrism7XFM.pdf

But id get a new one if that is what it will take - so far I have been able to do all I want with this one

Is one able to program these newer transmitters to change roll to another channel....can you with your transmitter?

Rick
Another solution is to use some kind if mix if you have that option. That will allow you to have all roll-commands mixed/copied to channel 5 or something like that.

I've always been able to just re-assgin channels, use some manual mix or similiar.
Dennis Frie is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post

I've always been able to just re-assgin channels, use some manual mix or similiar.
Hmm..... so what radio are you flying with now?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Rick,
Depending on the style of plane, it might be almost possible, but it will certainly be a very hackish and complicated way of doing it. Other than physicaly hacking the transmitter (and I don't even know if that would work), there aren't many options with that particular radio.

I suggest switching to any modern computer radio as they are all capable of switching channel outputs. Personally, I use an Aurora 9, but quite a few people in FPV are using Futaba radios, namely the 7c and the 9c. Prices for those are pretty reasonable used.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
I suggest switching to any modern computer radio as they are all capable of switching channel outputs. Personally, I use an Aurora 9, but quite a few people in FPV are using Futaba radios, namely the 7c and the 9c. Prices for those are pretty reasonable used.
Legot,

That Aurora 9 looks like an amazing radio -
is this like the one you have?...and you are happy with it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitec-Aurora...item2c670902b8

I looked at the manual and it appears all channels are switchable?

I'm assuming my EzUHF would work with this also ?

Rick
Last edited by RickEis; Dec 25, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:48 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Rick,
Depending on the style of plane, it might be almost possible, but it will certainly be a very hackish and complicated way of doing it. Other than physicaly hacking the transmitter (and I don't even know if that would work), there aren't many options with that particular radio.

9c units seem to go around the $200-$250 mark for tx only and they have a changeable module - it is an excellent radio - 2 sliders and also 2 3pos switches, 3 knobs and all the 2pos switches. the 7c does not have a changeable module that i am aware of, I have a 7c 2.4 FASST and it doesn't have a changeable module, not sure if the 72MHz one does or not.
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:26 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,037 Posts
I use a Futaba 9C - great radio.
I have a Spectrum DX7 (mainly for small Spectrum helis etc) and a old MX-12 (for 35 MHz) as well, but they haven't been used much after I got the 9C .

I've had quite a few UHF-systems around (OpenLRS, TSLRS, DragonLink and EzUHF), and being able to change UHF-system etc. without having to open the radio everytime is really nice.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Legot,

That Aurora 9 looks like an amazing radio -
---
I looked at the manual and it appears all channels are switchable?

I'm assuming my EzUHF would work with this also ?

Rick
Yes, I think its a fantastic radio, really high quality IMO. It does work with the EzUHF (I don't have one, but I know people that use them together), but you will have to make your own cable (either from the module bay or the audio style jack).

The 9c and 7c are pretty much capable of exactly the same things, but are more widely used in the FPV world. Any of them will work, but the 9c and the Aurora 9 are module based. All three of these can switch any of the channels in the way that you need.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
Hey guys, Hobbyking just released a Minim OSD, only $19! Hope someone can make it work because thats a deal!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._OSD_v0_1.html

It has a 6 pin connector, 2 gnds, 2 power, 1 vid in, and 1 vid out. It has the tx and rx pins along with 5v and ground on the FTDI. However to get a current sensor and voltage monitor in there you would have to solder onto the ATmega (I think)
FPVdude is offline Find More Posts by FPVdude
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVdude View Post
Hey guys, Hobbyking just released a Minim OSD, only $19! Hope someone can make it work because thats a deal!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._OSD_v0_1.html

It has a 6 pin connector, 2 gnds, 2 power, 1 vid in, and 1 vid out. It has the tx and rx pins along with 5v and ground on the FTDI. However to get a current sensor and voltage monitor in there you would have to solder onto the ATmega (I think)
I order one for experimenting around with. Have not received it yet however from what I have read, it should work with minor modifications. HOWEVER, this board does not have the analog ports broken out.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:25 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,037 Posts
I have one and don't mind to write support, but as it don't have any analog inputs available, any input for PPM or input for I2C. it's not anything that will be main focus.

The latest firmware available should allow to turn off voltage and current-reading and just keep the GPS-info if needed.

By the way, they are cheaper from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Screen-Di...item3a7c6c434f

Just be aware that they might run hot with the small linear regulator. MAX7456 draws a bit of current.
Last edited by Dennis Frie; Dec 28, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,706 Posts
Quote:
By the way, they are cheaper from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Screen-Di...item3a7c6c434f

Amazing, there are some analog to I2C chips that I've tracking on eBay as well, like this for example

There are many other in the standard IC package.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:51 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
Amazing, there are some analog to I2C chips that I've tracking on eBay as well, like this for example

There are many other in the standard IC package.
As far as I can see the I2C connectors are not available either
It would be easier (and cheaper than the analog -> I2C converter) to use a seperate Atmega controller to gather all information, process data and forward to minimOSD.
You can actually just use the internal atmega-oscillator and pretty much use it as a single component (cost is around 2-3$).
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,706 Posts
Quote:
As far as I can see the I2C connectors are not available either
It would be easier (and cheaper than the analog -> I2C converter) to use a seperate Atmega controller to gather all information, process data and forward to minimOSD.
You can actually just use the internal atmega-oscillator and pretty much use it as a single component (cost is around 2-3$).
Hmmm, thought I saw I2C, maybe that was the ISP header I saw.