HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
New Udi U813C camera heli

I have been searching and trying to find a heli for my 10 year old for Christmas. I thought about getting a JXD 333, but then I talked to him some more. He says his first requirement is something that he can actually control when flying unlike his current 2 ch Air Hog Havoc. The other thing he thought he would like is a camera. I began searching and found this new U813C for a great price at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/UDI-Channel-In...ords=udi+u813c

Looks to be a very new product with only a few sellers at the moment.This Udi seems to be a slightly oversized S107 style micro, at around 9 inches long. I know the small Udi's have a very good reputation, while not enough have tried the mediums. This one slots in between. I imagine the smaller airframes can't quite handle the camera as well so they came up with a larger one. Udi product page is here:
http://www.udirc.com/eng/show.asp?id=72

Thinking very seriously about getting this one. The other thing I was considering was the larger Udi U13a, which I can get for $40 shipped, which is the very max of my budget. That one has the RTF rather than IR, but I worry it will be too big for him at this point given his inexperience. Probably wouldn't be able to take it outside too often anyway given there aren't too many still days.
SirJohn is offline Find More Posts by SirJohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:24 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Syma do a camera version of their infamous S107, the S107C.

I have seen videos made with this heli and they are excellent quality and much more room friendly for size

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:48 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
I'm considering getting one for aerial video on calm days.... looks like a very stable camera platform.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Jun 02, 2013, 03:30 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
Ordered one... should be here tomorrow. will post info as I play.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Jun 03, 2013, 07:50 AM
Joined Apr 2013
43 Posts
A very nicely designed model and would seem a better fit. I must say that this is one of the best model. You truly get what you pay for this model. These are the rarer ones.I do find it quite interesting though that these pieces show up.
brett309 is offline Find More Posts by brett309