HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:31 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
337 Posts
Discussion
Why are they giving away the G.P. F-86?

Is the Great Planes F-86 Micro junk or what?!? I just picked one up locally here for $65 but I'm seeing them online for even less! These retailed for $130 plus not long ago... Did I make a $65 mistake?

Hmmmm....

Kevin
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:53 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
Nah, they aint junk! It's just the economy. There used to be a gazillion aero ace type planes on the market, now there are that many micro copters. You will see the Mig come down in price also! (just my hunch)
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:59 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
It's definitely a great little jet and a bargain at the moment. It will probably attract more Aeromodellers to the micro jet scene too.

Perhaps this is a clean out ready for new models? Either way it's sweet for us!!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:48 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
Well DJohnson said they wanted to make these things available to the modeling public (in so many words). I'm glad to see it! just the parts alone are a great value. I have both the GP F-86 and the HH Mig and I like the GP fan better. I love the servos, and the really small quality 6amp esc, but don't care for the connectors at all. Other than that it's really a great buy right now.

On sale now for $59.98
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:34 AM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
i just picked one up on T.H. lastnight for 60$ with an anylink I watched the reviews and it seems like a steal!
RcAirplaneNoob is offline Find More Posts by RcAirplaneNoob
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:14 AM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
692 Posts
Aren't all the ones on sale the planes with Anylink and not RTF? I think it's so they can sell more planes.
DropTank is online now Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:15 AM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
yea only TXR with Anylink
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:39 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Yah,too pity,that in Europe,this plane he sold for minimum,135 euro,without any link adapter!And to buy from USA ,shipping is 86 usd
God Bless America
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:28 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
It's definitely a great little jet and a bargain at the moment. It will probably attract more Aeromodellers to the micro jet scene too.

Perhaps this is a clean out ready for new models? Either way it's sweet for us!!
Note I fought with mine with poor hand launches until I added some nose weight. That made launches very reliable where before you had to be real careful not to stall it. Obviously mine was a bit tail heavy.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
258 Posts
Very tricky to launch the first few times. And be very careful trying to turn without a good bit of speed. I've had a nasty tail wind pitch mine up into a unrecoverable stall.. to be fair it was a very windy day and I wasn't going fast enough. Parts are very hard to come by. $60? a steal for sure. Put the Orange RX 415 in it, plug and play, makes the whole thing alot more convenient.

My biggest complaint is there arent enough parts available to learn the quirks of this airframe. Once you've banged up a bit, you're finally pretty good and want to rebuild it. no luck
tware is offline Find More Posts by tware
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,432 Posts
That's exactly what I was talking about. Move the CG forward with a coil of solder about 1/16" thick and 3/8" in diameter and it's much nice to launch and fly.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:02 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
2,307 Posts
86 dollars shipping to Holland..
RNAF is offline Find More Posts by RNAF
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:16 PM
I live on LiPos
United States, DE
Joined Jul 2012
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
Yah,too pity,that in Europe,this plane he sold for minimum,135 euro,without any link adapter!And to buy from USA ,shipping is 86 usd
God Bless America
That sucks
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:07 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice for the rest of the world if GP allowed drop shipping from China?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:36 PM
Canada, MB, Steinbach
Joined Jul 2011
111 Posts
Tower Hobby free/Anylink

Did you guys who bought these TX-R micros that were advertised w/Anylink actually get the Anylink adaptor with the planes? Nov 14/12 I ordered 2 Flyzone Super cubs and 1 Playmate also advertised w/Anylink and non was included with any of these planes. (They all come w/SLT receiver) Were they in the box or how did you get them? I wonder?? Mine were ordered at local hobby shop and maybe they still have them? Interesting scenario will have to check w/hobby shop.
zamjohn is online now Find More Posts by zamjohn