HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
Air Dancer
Pittsburgh, PA.
Joined Jan 2009
44 Posts
Careful!
Great Planes Nieuport XI

I recently bought and crashed a Great Planes Nieuport XI. To begin with the covering on the plane looked like it was done by a chimp. Sags. wrinkles. bubbles, not to mention the warped wings. Being in this hobby a long, long time,and always wanting a Nieuport, I could fix that. After a few extra hours repairing the covering mess,and removing the warps, I was able to flight test it. ( I had some concern with the tiny screws holding on the landing gear) Anyway the first flight lasted just over a minute. The lower wing folded, spinning it into the ground. After removing the covering on the damaged lower and upper wing I found that someone forgot to glue some of the wing ribs. Also the balsa used in the wings was so soft it could not be used on a micro indoor. The quality of this good looking plane is typical of Great Planes Products........poor, very poor
P 39 is offline Find More Posts by P 39
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Sep 2008
675 Posts
I bought mine a couple of years ago and the quality was quite good.
aurorae is offline Find More Posts by aurorae