HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:28 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,446 Posts
Just showing my observations. Personally, I simply don't really care for non micro planes that have less than 35" wingspans. My own personal experience with one was with the FMS 31.5" P-40 Warhawk. The hardware that came with the plane was pretty shoddy. The plane itself, paint and material, was fine, but the control horns and electronics were pretty bad. I promptly gave it away to a friend who got it ready to fly. He flew it for about 5 minutes on a Spektrum DX8 and a Spektrum AR400 RX; at the 5 minute mark the ESC smoked and the plane spiraled into the ground.........a total loss. But, what do you want for $65.00 ARF?
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:23 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
The 800mm planes are not the same thing as the larger ones. I have 2 flying buddies that have this plane, the FMS/Airfield T-28 Trojan from NitroPlanes and both are experienced pilots; neither one can get the 800mm Trojans to fly worth a damn.
Yes, I had the 800mm Airfield T28. It was pretty heavy for its size so I had to keep the speed up all the time. I even created a thread asking why it lost altitude during turns. It flew well once I learned how it needed to be flown. Then I was bitten by the spare-parts issue you will read so much about. The motor mount on the 800mm birds is a weak piece of plastic that breaks easily.

Mine broke and, of course, there are no spare mounts. Only a spare fuselage. The spare fuse + shipping from NP was more than a PZ T28 fuse from the LHS so while the initial cost may be lower, the spare parts (if you can get them) are certainly not.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,131 Posts
I'd rather have the Chinese stuff as a kit....I went with a Dynam plane and it flew really well. Started having mishaps and I traded it for a balsa plane. Despite busting the lower wing, it flew with better authority than the Dynam which was triple the size
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim