SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:54 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Question
MJX T623 - Good for a beginner?

Hi there, Im new here and also new in RC helicopters. I can have a brand new MJX T623 for a really good price so... is it good for a beginner? I heard its "indestructible" (in some cases).

Or would be better a Syma S929 for 20€?
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Last edited by Zarrick; Nov 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:25 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Hi there, Im new here and also new in RC helicopters. I can have a brand new MJX T623 for a really good price so... is it good for a beginner? I heard its "indestructible" (in some cases).

Or would be better a Syma S929 for 20€?
I see that nobody is responding to your question so I will have a go.

The T623 aka T23 is a large 3ch coaxial with an elevator servo for forward/reverse movement. This does provide somewhat better movement than the usual horizontal tail motor.

It is too large to fly indoors (unless you consider hovering to be flying). With practice, it can handle a very light breeze oudoors. But when you get up in the air, and get sideways to the wind, without the assistance of ailerons, it is very difficult to get turned back into the wind, and becomes very cumbersome to handle.

The limitations of 3 channels combined with coaxial design will most likely lose your interest quickly. In summary, it looks great on the shelf and it looks impressive flying overhead if conditions are just right.

I sold mine and bought a F45 single rotor for outdoors and a v911 for indoor/outdoor, and never looked back.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo