SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by NorCalMatCat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:23 AM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Gallery
Thanksgiving Day Aviation! Super Skysurfer Maiden, FPV, Good Day!

Maiden flight! Ok well honestly it was the second flight, I forgot to hit record on the first!

Super Skysurfer Maiden (8 min 49 sec)

Today was a GREAT day, I spent the entire afternoon flying and hanging out with other pilots. I flew an FPV flight with my Bixler (Probably it's last as the FPV gear is going into the SSS), tested my 1.3GHz Crosshair I made which seamed to work amazingly well, maidened my Super Skysurfer and had a great second flight as well!

Maiden went fantastic! Here are 2 pictures taken after the maiden:

Here is a pic of my SSS, 0utsider89's SSS, and my Bixler in the middle!

And here is a picture of all the planes that we all had out today (2 other pilots where present as well, Stryker is mine but didn't get to fly today):

I am happy to report that she flew extremely well, and indeed loves to glide. Take-off was pretty good, the maiden was by hand launch (my friend launched it for me), and I tell you what I swear this plane just floats out of your hand, for how heavy it FEELS it certainly doesn't fly like it is! Landings where also super fantastic, the first one I used flaps and just gently came in for a nice rolling landing, and on the second I landed with no flaps and got it to just settle right down to a simple dead stop by just riding the elevator just beyond the mush zone .
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Last edited by NorCalMatCat; Nov 23, 2012 at 01:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, CA, Humboldt
Joined Nov 2012
19 Posts
That is awesome!!
weezypain is offline Find More Posts by weezypain
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts