Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:08 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
When you took this pic had you flown it yet???...Note the cracked prop at the hub...

Kevin
Ya - of course. I was, umm, just seeing if anybody else would notice it.

These props press onto a hex-shaped shaft with a screw through the center from the top. This might actually be a weak area - time will tell.

I don't know how long it has been like that but I just replaced it with the spare, and it made no difference to the way it flys. And it still has the annoying wobble near center cyclic stick. Stenkryparen is going to apply his electronic wizardy and see if he can do something about that.

Good eye Kevin!

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:56 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
In the video it looks to have some wobble going on, not serious but a bit. Is that the quad, you, my perception or a combination of things?
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:29 AM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
In the video it looks to have some wobble going on, not serious but a bit. Is that the quad, you, my perception or a combination of things?
Moving the cyclic stick to center induces the wobble every time, whether using fast or slow stick movements. If you get moving quickly in a small (indoor) area it can be a handful to get back under control.

But once you have the x200 hovering you can easily do several stable piros in a row.

regards . . . g
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:55 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
301 Posts
After reading about the crack in the hub I inspected and found one crack in the left black propeller hub.
Don t now when it happened but some "hard landings" in the snow has occurred.
Crack is now glued, and have a piece of crimp tubing attached.

Temperature outside is between +/-0 Celsius and -10 C, the plastic can get week at these low temperatures.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:25 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Ya - of course. I was, umm, just seeing if anybody else would notice it.

These props press onto a hex-shaped shaft with a screw through the center from the top. This might actually be a weak area - time will tell.

I don't know how long it has been like that but I just replaced it with the spare, and it made no difference to the way it flys. And it still has the annoying wobble near center cyclic stick. Stenkryparen is going to apply his electronic wizardy and see if he can do something about that.

Good eye Kevin!

regards . . . g
My intention wasn't to "out" you!!!......I just didn't want you to fly it and loose an eye!!!......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:50 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
324 Posts
Autoflips... bleh.
BTW, if you're looking for a quick way to completely trash your quad, go fly on the beach. One landing belly up and you'll completely destroy gears, bearings, and motors. True story.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:57 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Autoflips... bleh.
BTW, if you're looking for a quick way to completely trash your quad, go fly on the beach. One landing belly up and you'll completely destroy gears, bearings, and motors. True story.
Ha, ha, better with snow as we have here, belly up landing is no problem the quad then surf on the back.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
324 Posts
Lol, yeah. Well, at least since i found out the hard way that the X200 is the same size of a MQX (i was hoping for it to be larger) and flies worse, I will try to make it become something else. Just ordered a bag of parts from banggood, will report in a month or so
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:59 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
301 Posts
How to fix the "glitching" that disturbs the flying experiences on the X200.

Rot cause analyses
Measured the zero point (no stick input) voltage for the 2 cyclic potentiometers. After moving the stick, voltage never went back to the zero point voltage (1,70V).

Found two main reasons for this bad behavior:
1. Friction in the plastic bearing.
2. The small board where the potentiometer is soldered was not fixed tight relative the "stick frame".
3. One bad placed wire inside transmitter interfered with the cyclic movement.

Solution
1. Dismount the back of the transmitter cover.
2. Oil all moving details where plastic meets plastic in the cyclic frame, (eight oiling points) with some for plastic suitable oil/grease.
3. Apply some heat glue on both sides of the two potentiometer boards (between frame and board).
4. Remount the back of the transmitter.
The fixing is done in ten minutes.

Result
When using high rate mode (flipping mode) the glitching is less, but not totally cured.
When using middle rate mode the glitching is visible, but don't interfere with flying characteristic.

Shoot pictures of the fix, I try to upload later.

Now the X200 is a smoother indoor flyer, and I prefer highrate even inside.

Edit

The software is strange, when applying sudden ruder left- right the bird fast goes up towards the sealing without applying throttle.

Next step is to use the board from my worn out V929.

My thinking is that the frame and rockers is weary robust and good.
The Transmitter and board with software is of bad constructions.
I should not buy it again!

English is not my origin language, please ask if you don't understand.
Last edited by Stenkryparen; Dec 15, 2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: After more flying there is still strange behavior present.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
301 Posts
New Board

Mounted the old board from my worn out V929 (rev:01 2012/06/23) in the X200 frame.

Motor connection
Red wire from X200 motor arm connected to plus side on V929 socket.

Green wire from X200 motor arm connected to minus side on V929 socket.

LED connection
All four black wires from X200 motor arms connected to one 470ohm resistor (0,25W), other end of resistor soldered to minus on the V929 board.

The mod is done in 1/2 hour.

The X200 is after mod a great flyer, and will fulfill the task to be a stable carrier for a key chain camera.
(Transmitter used is VL toys "RTF E728" ) at 40% rate it is tame.

Weight with LiPo excluded is 69,4 gram.

Here is pictures that show my modification.
Last edited by Stenkryparen; Dec 15, 2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: More info
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:01 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2012
70 Posts
Hi guys, have been watching this thread for a while now and ya'll have confirmed for me that there is something lacking in the control board and or sw.

And my next step was to try a V929 fc in it as you have already done. I really like the setup of the motor and gears and the landing pads seem to work well also, being a little springy. I think I like the fact that the frame arms are a little larger at 4.5x4.5mm vs 929 and most others at 3x3mm. Time will tell how well the aluminum holds up vs CF. Be interesting to see how much weight diff it would make to replace the alum with cf.

One thing that concerns me is parts availability. I have found motor housings but no gears as of yet. Btw, have you seen the Maxtec Mini Quadcopter that Skullcopter and a few others are selling?. It looks identical to me and I'm hoping maybe that will help parts availability.

Many thanks for all the info.
X/BillyD..
X_Marine is offline Find More Posts by X_Marine
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:40 AM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
301 Posts
Quote "Time will tell how well the aluminum holds up vs CF." I have conducted a lot of crashes, and its still like new (a lot better compared to V929). Also want gears as spare parts. // S
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:04 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,106 Posts
Gordonzo, thank you for your review. I have recently purchase the Syma X1, and it has very similar rotors. I even wonder if they are interchangeable with the X200 rotors. When you have a chance, I'd like to learn about the motor size, #tooth on pinion.

Have you tried binding it to non MJX Txs? I wonder if this new protocol is actually compatible with one of the other old ones.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:58 AM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Gordonzo, thank you for your review. I have recently purchase the Syma X1, and it has very similar rotors. I even wonder if they are interchangeable with the X200 rotors. When you have a chance, I'd like to learn about the motor size, #tooth on pinion.

Have you tried binding it to non MJX Txs? I wonder if this new protocol is actually compatible with one of the other old ones.
Hi HP:

I have also wondered if the x1 blades are same as the x200. On the x200, the blade presses onto a hex-shaped stub which is part of the large gear, and then secures with a screw through the blade top center. It looks like the x1 blades mount with a screw on the side similar to my v929 blades?

I have unsuccessfully tried to bind with tx's v911 & v929, x100, Blade Tandem and NE J4 & J6Pro.

I count 11 tiny little plastic or nylon teeth on the motor pinion. The motor can is 8 mm dia. These measurements are guaranteed to be accurate within 10%, 19 out of 20 times.

regards . . . g
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:31 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,106 Posts
X1 blades are exactly the same way: screw through top center. Hex hole (bigger than V929's round hole). But the shape and size of the rotor match that of the V929. Sounds like they are the same as the X200 blades.

X1 Gear system sounds similar, too. Nylon pinion, 11-t.

But I measured X1 motor as 7mm.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad