HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Rave
Better late than never

Wife bought me a Trex 700E for my birthday two summers ago. I finally flew the maiden flight today. Just figured I'd let you haters know I'm still in the hobby
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:20 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,395 Posts
Good stuff, Salty!

Trex700, huh... a big 'un..

(I need to get around to flying again my collection of 30 I.C. sized helis.. I do fly the 450 sized ones, and the indoor ones.... )
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Good stuff, Salty!

(I need to get around to flying again my collection of 30 I.C. sized helis.. I do fly the 450 sized ones, and the indoor ones.... )
I see you are spoiled with the electrics too.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:59 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
I know the feeling. I've been eyeing a beautiful 1/16 R/C Tamiya Tiger, still setting in the box in my hobby room, begging me to build her. She's been neglected for several years. I'm starting to get the "Tiger Itch." Time to stop "hating" and to start blitzkrieging.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Good stuff, Salty!

I've flown the heck out of the 500 but nothing compares with a 700 electric flybarless. Friggen 30 knot winds for the maiden and other than dropping like a stone on the downwind turn, you wouldn't have known there was any wind at all.

Sa-mooth
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
I had a heli, didn't care for it much... I sold it and built a 60" span P-51 that I did like.

Mine was a .60 size... I thought it was cool when I went and got it, after a few outings and repairs (None from crashing.) I got tired of it. More power to you if you like them, it just wasn't for me.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
I've flown the heck out of the 500 but nothing compares with a 700 electric flybarless. Friggen 30 knot winds for the maiden and other than dropping like a stone on the downwind turn, you wouldn't have known there was any wind at all.

Sa-mooth
Dunno about why the need for a flybarless... Yeah, looks better and simpler set up - but what are the real advantages to offset the cost?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Dunno about why the need for a flybarless... Yeah, looks better and simpler set up - but what are the real advantages to offset the cost?
Sa mooth says it all. Flybarless is much more fluid and stable. Especially when you start pushing it harder.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:39 PM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Sa mooth says it all. Flybarless is much more fluid and stable. Especially when you start pushing it harder.
Hmmm... well I only stooge around - never been up to 3D (and actually prefer scale fuz etc), but I might give flybarless a go...
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:56 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm... well I only stooge around - never been up to 3D (and actually prefer scale fuz etc), but I might give flybarless a go...
It's more scale too.