HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:37 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
Hallo Rudi,

its nice that you like it And yes, the nosegear is retracting in the wrong direction. I have done that because of the length of the leg. The engines are close to the ground so i need long legs. The available space in the bow is very small and the steering mechanism is pull/pull, so to keep it simple i switched direction....

But since i am having trouble with my air retracts i already ordered electric ones. Then i can change it again to the scale version.
Hello Andre,

I understand. I had also a lot of troubles with my LG . Here is a video of my first testrun. The geardoors made me crazy
First_Testrun_A319.wmv (3 min 47 sec)


Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
The Depronizer
Andre Kochanski's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Rudi,

i watched this video a thousand times at least! This is a very very nice model and my favourite livery. Somehow the colours fit together perfectly and the waving flag is really catching the eye! And your build quality is fantastic! Do you have some footage showing it flying?

I think i´ll install the gear doors when the electric system arrives. I have to test if the retract mechanism is strong enough to operate the doors.

The last few days i spent a lot of time applying the vinyl....thats always an annoying thing to do! But the result is quite alright i´d say. I´ll post some pictures tomorrow.
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
747-400
alaska
Joined Mar 2007
475 Posts
Sweet!!!!
w747 is offline Find More Posts by w747
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:23 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
Rudi,

i watched this video a thousand times at least! This is a very very nice model and my favourite livery. Somehow the colours fit together perfectly and the waving flag is really catching the eye! And your build quality is fantastic! Do you have some footage showing it flying?

I think i´ll install the gear doors when the electric system arrives. I have to test if the retract mechanism is strong enough to operate the doors.

The last few days i spent a lot of time applying the vinyl....thats always an annoying thing to do! But the result is quite alright i´d say. I´ll post some pictures tomorrow.
Hello Andre,

many thx. It makes me very proud ! Till now I have only the maiden video but I hope I can make add. videos from my A319 and my B727 . I wrote a article in the Foamie magazine about the A319 last year. If you want I can send you a copy of it.
BA_A319_100.wmv (3 min 12 sec)

Can't await more pictures of yours.
@w747 : Many thx. and as I wrote a praise from such good modelers like you makes me very proud !!

I wish you all guys a merry christmas and a happy new year with a lot of wonderful airliner model !

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:49 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
Hello Andre,

many thx. It makes me very proud ! Till now I have only the maiden video but I hope I can make add. videos from my A319 and my B727 . I wrote a article in the Foamie magazine about the A319 last year. If you want I can send you a copy of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJpKwezl2oM
Can't await more pictures of yours.
@w747 : Many thx. and as I wrote a praise from such good modelers like you makes me very proud !!

I wish you all guys a merry christmas and a happy new year with a lot of wonderful airliner model !

Rudi
Looks Like a Real BA A319! RUDI . . . .RUDI!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
The Depronizer
Andre Kochanski's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Rudi,

if you could send me a (pdf)-copy it would be really nice! Maybe i can find a magazine for my bird. I´d like to write an article about it in the future.
Too bad that you live in austria....our ´buses would look fabulous together

I just have to take some pics...


@demondriver
you gave me a perfect deja vu! I am somehow convinced that you wrote that before somewhere else
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:45 AM
The Depronizer
Andre Kochanski's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
OK everyone,

thanks for following this build thread and your interest in my work. There are a lot of very talented builders around here so it is my pleasure to give you reports and pictures like they do. I am thankful for all the tips and tricks you gave me through your build reports and posts in this and other threads.
I´d also like to wish everyone a pleasant christmas and a successful year 2013.

I will post the next update on this A319 in 2013 and with the last photos for 2012 i send you the best greetings from germany
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:43 AM
Registered User
mesnick's Avatar
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Nov 2004
680 Posts
Great work congratulations, as you covered the model? with tape?
Merry Christmas to you too
Mesnick
mesnick is offline Find More Posts by mesnick
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:45 AM
Doushiyou12's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
1,695 Posts
Very nice. Happy holidays
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:37 PM
The Depronizer
Andre Kochanski's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Mesnick,

I use vinyl self-adhesive vinyl film. It has a thickness of 70 microns, is fairly cheap and doesn´t weigh that much.
Huge advantage is that you can pull it around every bend and spherical areas just applying some heat with a hairdryer. The downside is that you have to have a good and even surface, so filling and sanding has to be done. And you have to be careful with the amount of heat when pulling otherwise the film will thin or rip.
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:31 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,309 Posts
Holly-Smokes! your A319 looks Hot Andre!

Frohe Weihnachten!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:04 PM
A Global Force For Good
jmpdgs's Avatar
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
A beautiful job Andre. I will look forward to the updates in 2013.
Congratulations on the completed build and Happy Holidays to you as well.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
Registered User
mesnick's Avatar
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Nov 2004
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
Mesnick,

I use vinyl self-adhesive vinyl film. It has a thickness of 70 microns, is fairly cheap and doesn´t weigh that much.
Huge advantage is that you can pull it around every bend and spherical areas just applying some heat with a hairdryer. The downside is that you have to have a good and even surface, so filling and sanding has to be done. And you have to be careful with the amount of heat when pulling otherwise the film will thin or rip.
Thanks Andre
where I can buy this film self-adhesive vinyl? is made in sheets or tape?
Happy Holidays
Thanks
Mesnick
mesnick is offline Find More Posts by mesnick
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:32 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
Rudi,

if you could send me a (pdf)-copy it would be really nice! Maybe i can find a magazine for my bird. I´d like to write an article about it in the future.
Too bad that you live in austria....our ´buses would look fabulous together

I just have to take some pics...
Hi Andre,

sure no prob. I need your email addr.

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
The Depronizer
Andre Kochanski's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone!

mesnick, i ordered it from www.selbstklebefolien.com in germany. I found something for the other side of the pond

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=vinyl+self+ad hesive&_sacat=0&_from=R40


Mine came on a roll, 60cm wide and the length you order...

If you use it on your piaggio it will look even more awesome i think
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Bird of Time scratch build from plans ourbluehorizon Electric Sailplanes 19 Nov 30, 2013 01:36 PM
Build Log Airbus A319 | 1:20 Scale | EDF | Dollar Tree Foam preelude RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 23 Dec 22, 2012 03:36 PM
Sold $100 for my 56" A10 Warthog. Scratch built from plans! LPU SW LOWER MICHIGAN! flyinjrc74 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Nov 10, 2012 06:27 PM
Video Bird of Time, electric, scratch build from plans ourbluehorizon Sailplane Talk 2 Nov 02, 2012 03:50 PM
German foam Airbus A319 - any experience or info available? Ben_E Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 5 Feb 21, 2003 06:07 PM