Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:24 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Very much appreciated good sir

I was thinking about doing that, but i forgot to buy an extra wheel the last time i was at the hobby shop. But i will do a scale-upgrade later when she flies, i promise
Andre Kochanski is offline Find More Posts by Andre Kochanski
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:17 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Today was all about the wing locking mechanism and wing attachment. This took quite some time! This is one thing i will improve in my next builds...no scratch building at this in the future.

The locking mechanism is really simple. Some guidance holes in the front part and a canopy lock at the back. Both plates are 4mm light ply. The holes are reinforced by brass tubes which greatly helps against wear.
The wing is detachable and then attachable in seconds and thats exactly what i wanted.
Some reinforcements are missing right now. I just wanted to get done for today

Thats all i can say...no big changes to see but a huge leap for final construction. All the big structural steps are done now.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
57 Posts
o.O se sieht toll aus
LHPilot111 is offline Find More Posts by LHPilot111
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:46 PM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
Since this is my first build thread here and my english must sound awkward could you give me some feedback? What can i do better, what would you like to know?
Thanks in advance
Your English is fine (much better than my German ) and your build is looking very nice.

Since you asked for suggestions, I will offer two for future builds.
1: Rather than use those long, very flexible (and therefore unreliable) push rods for your tail surfaces, try mounting your servos inboard on the surfaces themselves or within the empanage body. This will allow you to use conventional 2mm wire push rods making your control much more positive and reducing the strain on your servos
2: Nacelles can be made simply by using a former. I use styrofoam drink cups available at many fast food chains. These create a smooth thrust tube and provide that difficult taper. They can be easily laminated with depron, and then sanded to shape.
Hope you find these suggestions helpful in future. Keep up the great work, I'm subbed and anxious to see this project fly.

Cheers
Joe
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:50 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Hi Joe,

thank you very much for your suggestions and that you took the time to write them down here
Great to hear that my written english is ok! German is quite similar though ( history lesson attention English is a germanic language and is derived from certain german dialects- little history lesson: off)
I am definitely as anxious as you are Can´t wait to give full throttle after takeoff clearance
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:04 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
I just like to keep things separate, so here is the status update:

Today i made the center wing box and fuselage transition fairings. For that i took my plan, cut out the wing box and transfered the lines to the fuselage so that i had a rough orientation.
The fairings are made from 3mm Depron with 6mm Depron supporting spars.

The section with the landing gear bays is made from styrodur (roofmate) to add some stability to the rear wing mount.

The outline of the fairings should be scale, but i had to create a bubble shape at the wheel wells to allow double-wheels to fit.

A very good thing is that the vinyl arrived today! 4m white, 4m light grey, 3m silver....all glossy. So finishing can start this weekend or so.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:27 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Kochanski View Post
I just like to keep things separate, so here is the status update:

Today i made the center wing box and fuselage transition fairings. For that i took my plan, cut out the wing box and transfered the lines to the fuselage so that i had a rough orientation.
The fairings are made from 3mm Depron with 6mm Depron supporting spars.

The section with the landing gear bays is made from styrodur (roofmate) to add some stability to the rear wing mount.

The outline of the fairings should be scale, but i had to create a bubble shape at the wheel wells to allow double-wheels to fit.

A very good thing is that the vinyl arrived today! 4m white, 4m light grey, 3m silver....all glossy. So finishing can start this weekend or so.

Andre Thats one VERY clean looking A319 you've built!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,672 Posts
I 2nd that.
Well done.
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Alright then. Not much change right now, but there are some things i did.

I assembled the pneumatic system to find out that the handpump i bought doesn´t deliver the pressure needed. I then got an electric hand compressor. At ca. 7 bar (approx. 101PSI) the tank cap flew away!!! Fortunately i wasnt injured!
So after finding the cap i noticed that it was completely broken...so i had to get a new tank in the same size or slightly larger for 0.75mm inner diameter pressure line....
For now i ordered the small 100cc tank from HK - and i just hope that i can manage to get my pressure line connected...

Then today i finished the nose and nose gear assembly. I used a carbonite gear 9g servo and 0.5mm perlon cords for steering.
I also cut out the ailerons and made new - and more rigid - ones. After i sanded the leading edge in shape the wing is ready for covering with vinyl. This will happen soon!

Now take a look at the new tyres
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:55 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,457 Posts
Beautiful work Andre! simply amazing!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:56 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,338 Posts
Hallo Andre,

wonderful build. Thx for the plan !Allow me one question,
isn't the frontgear retracting in the wrong direction ?

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:51 AM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Hallo Rudi,

its nice that you like it And yes, the nosegear is retracting in the wrong direction. I have done that because of the length of the leg. The engines are close to the ground so i need long legs. The available space in the bow is very small and the steering mechanism is pull/pull, so to keep it simple i switched direction....

But since i am having trouble with my air retracts i already ordered electric ones. Then i can change it again to the scale version.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:03 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,457 Posts
Hallo Andre, Hallo Rudi . . . . .I almost feel European LOL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:16 AM
The Depronizer
Germany, NRW, Dortmund
Joined Aug 2012
104 Posts
Hallo Demondriver,

you are very welcome
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:30 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,338 Posts