SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:00 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I was given word not to debate with those that cant..Good point. Post deleted.
That's too bad that you deleted your post because I would have liked to have read what you said... assuming this was directed at me as a result of what I said. I am perfectly capable of reading between the lines but you have to understand this is a public discussion board and it's very hard to convey "reading between the lines" with typed words. People are going to react to what's said, and what was said got under my skin so I replied.

Sorry for knocking over the chess board... guess I'll fly back to my flock now.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:33 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
You know what, I have 5 clones. I am all about the high head speeds. The tail will fail. Everything important will fail soon also. That is the difference.

Hoover around at 2000 RPM head speed for anything, that should be fine.
That seems to be very true..I have only had HK clones in the past. And like you I also like high head speeds. It was extremely hard on those hk clones I had . Thinking back, after only about 10 flights something mechanical would always go wrong . I dont believe all clones to be created equal though. These viwrc ( or whatever the letters ) seem to be well made, with better quality components.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
That's too bad that you deleted your post because I would have liked to have read what you said... assuming this was directed at me as a result of what I said. I am perfectly capable of reading between the lines but you have to understand this is a public discussion board and it's very hard to convey "reading between the lines" with typed words. People are going to react to what's said, and what was said got under my skin so I replied.

Sorry for knocking over the chess board... guess I'll fly back to my flock now.
The chess thing was more of a general response to Deja, not really aimed at anyone. Subjectively, Dejavu happen to find his pigeon.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Dec 16, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:30 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
The chess thing was more of a general response to Deja, not really aimed at anyone. Deja happen to find his pigeon.
It's all good man. Thanks for clarifying though! Having a good day so far.... sold a heli, sold some FPV goggles, and bought a heli. Whooo boy this hobby is fun!
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
My align and I have some elitist stuff to do today though, we must be on our way!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:53 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,709 Posts
Quote:
My align and I have some elitist stuff to do today though, we must be on our way!
Lol @ your "elitist" stuff...you pig... ( I'm joking of course) .....no dirt naps allowed. Dont come back with a crash story.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Lol @ your "elitist" stuff...you pig... ( I'm joking of course) .....no dirt naps allowed. Dont come back with a crash story.
Let them eat cake!

Crash story??? No I said my align, not clone . (just kidding guys, align-hybrid clones are ok)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:26 AM
HeliBent
United States, MD, Port Deposit
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
This thread is the second best rant I've seen on RCG. Why someone feels the need to bash this to sell that is beyond me. This brings me to my point... Don't smoke crack!
suzukirobguy is offline Find More Posts by suzukirobguy
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:22 AM
HeliBent
United States, MD, Port Deposit
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Btw, I have an EXI 500 and I don't like it...I love it! Granted all my replacement parts have been Align for the most part, the frame and most of the head are still EXI. I'm no 3D master, so for now, she fits like a glove! I love that heli!
suzukirobguy is offline Find More Posts by suzukirobguy
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:04 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukirobguy View Post
Btw, I have an EXI 500 and I don't like it...I love it! Granted all my replacement parts have been Align for the most part, the frame and most of the head are still EXI. I'm no 3D master, so for now, she fits like a glove! I love that heli!
Your post is exactly why people bash clones..In hindsight they should have just went with an align model or other brand name from the get go when all you are left with is a frame and head.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,000 Posts
When I purchased my first clone 450, I already knew that Align was better. What I didn't know was 'how' much better. After replacing all the 'important' stuff with Align parts, I am convinced that starting out an Align kit is a better way to go (unless you thrive on troubleshooting). My problem was that I didn't have enough money to fork over for an Align all in one go, so I chose the nickel and dime approach of upgrading as needed, which in some instances meant ording Align parts to complete the assembly of the clone kit. In hindsight, I would have to say that one will be better served by putting money in a jar and saving up, the old fashioned way, for an Align kit.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
This is all so very subjective, Mercedes vs Lincoln, clones make this an affordable hobby for many people and the arguement that they run off many doesnt hold water either. Most people started out with toy grade helis, ya know, the ones with brushed motors that would fry after 20-30 hovers, sloppy servos, heck, sloppy everything. If that didnt run em off then I imagine they got the bug to continue.

For some, the school of hard knocks is the lesson best remembered. I'm not going to go into whats already been stated in here,Ad nauseam. But it shouldnt get under anybody's skin as to what someone else owns or flies, as long as their doing it and having fun. The guy driving the Mercedes isnt any smarter or better then the guy driving the Lincoln.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukirobguy View Post
This thread is the second best rant I've seen on RCG. Why someone feels the need to bash this to sell that is beyond me. This brings me to my point... Don't smoke crack!
That was your point?

"To sell that?" ha! Like I get something, I wish. My opinion is ernest (P Worrel), to anyone considering a clone, especially those that don't know any better. To avoid my same mistake.

But in regards to this whole debate I wish we could make a poll out of this thread. What exactly would the poll options be though?
Last edited by finguz; Dec 18, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:17 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,709 Posts
Quote:
That was your point?

"To sell that?" ha! Like I get something, I wish. My opinion is ernest (P Worrel), to anyone considering a clone, especially those that don't know any better. To avoid my same mistake.

But in regards to this whole debate I wish we could make a poll out of this thread. What exactly would the poll options be though?
Something to the effect of " to buy a clone or not to buy a clone " that is the question..In rcgroups the winner by a long shot would be to buy..Post the same question in helifreak or runryder, And one would get flamed for even thinking about a clone.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,368 Posts
Those are interesting dynamics between various threads.
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer