HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:32 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
I was given word not to debate with those that cant..Good point. Post deleted.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Dec 16, 2012 at 02:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:52 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
...
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Dec 16, 2012 at 02:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:18 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Heck...I still drive a beater...
Does your (car) beater have binding in the wheels, or a bent crank shaft, pistons, cams, or drive shaft... I feel that is the comparison.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:22 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
Does your (car) beater have binding in the wheels, or a bent crank shaft, pistons, cams, or drive shaft... I feel that is the comparison.
I don't think so. Proper maintenance ensures this doesn't happen.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:37 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Deja, that was inspiring for someone (me) that wants to learn 3d eventually. I enjoy the heck out of circuts, 8's and scale type flying around, as I'm still kind of new to it and honing my skills. I can do some 3d on phoenix that I've practiced ever since I got into heli... but I'm too afraid to do an otherwise simple (on the sim) roll or flip in real life. I have a feeling I might be able to do a lot more than I try... I hope it clicks in real life someday, the muscle memory is already in my fingers.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:56 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Thank you god for finguz.... ......ha ...Seriouly though. I'm glad you were able to read between the lines and get my point. And i guarantee you that you will Fly to your goals. Just dont make the same mistake i did and wait so damn long.
Have you seen the guy " IntegrityHndywrk " ? ( seen in the large heli forum) If his join date matches that of his heli hobby. Dude did not waste any time in flying basic 3D..The guy is really good for only being at it 7 months. Only difference between he and i, is that he did not sell himself short on what he could do. Wher as i did earlier on.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:02 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
I don't think so. Proper maintenance ensures this doesn't happen.
That's the clone problem. If you could buy a clone car (let's say a Bronda Sivic) that needed a bunch of parts changed out before it even drove straight, or before the seperate engine components worked together, would you waste your time or money on it? Knowing that to get the whole thing working together just the same as a real Honda Civic you're going to spend the same amount of money, if not more, than you would've just buying the civic in the first place? Not fixing certain parts you can still save money , and it'll drive so-so and the engine won't be as smooth and efficient... hence a half-of-the-price clone.

It's not like comparing Ferraris to a clunker. More like something that really needs to be recalled and is a death trap to the builder and operator VS something that works smooth and perfectly out of the box. Now all you have to do is drive (fly), what it was made to do. While, relatively, perception is reality, so even if we are talking about Ferraris (WAY overpriced anyway) vs clunkers I don't want to drive a clunker 200 mph no matter what you do to it.

This is not directed at you personally, it was just the car example.

I don't look down at clone owners, I am one.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Last edited by finguz; Dec 16, 2012 at 03:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:15 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,369 Posts
But that is the thing thought. Some ppl say that their clones are X% Align now. I can honestly say all 3 of mines are still 100% clone still. I will agree that I had alot of problems with the HK450 V2 but I stopped buying clones from them because I had to change things before it would fly. I got rid of that one about 6 months ago. However so far my VWINRC 500ESP (100% all original parts), VWINRC 450Pro (100% all original parts), and Tarot 450 Pro (30% VWINRC parts) fly great to me. Just basic maintenance is all or repairs after crashes. Search for my videos on youtube under prophet11236.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:24 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I was given word not to debate with those that cant..Good point. Post deleted.
...like trying to play chess with a pigeon it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory. -Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

http://pigeonchess.com/playing-with-pigeons/
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:27 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,369 Posts
I really think clones have been to a certain degree a good thing for this hobby. Lets face it, for this hobby to continue to grow and continue to draw new people in, the price of entry has to be reasonable. I remembered always wanting to fly R/C helis as a kid in the 90s but at the time you only had Kyosho, JR, Thunder Tiger and Century..IIRC. For a beginner .30 nitro you were looking at 2-3K easy without spare parts. Very hard to progress if you are scared of a 100-200 dollar crash. Heck if it wasn't for Lite Machines, Align, and clone companies how many people would really be flying now??
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:35 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
But that is the thing thought. Some ppl say that their clones are X% Align now. I can honestly say all 3 of mines are still 100% clone still. I will agree that I had alot of problems with the HK450 V2 but I stopped buying clones from them because I had to change things before it would fly. I got rid of that one about 6 months ago. However so far my VWINRC 500ESP (100% all original parts), VWINRC 450Pro (100% all original parts), and Tarot 450 Pro (30% VWINRC parts) fly great to me. Just basic maintenance is all or repairs after crashes. Search for my videos on youtube under prophet11236.
That's cool, but rare. How do you deal with bent shafts, play in shafts, and (if belted) belts that only last a couple decent flights at best before it emulates some other tail problem? You must be extremely lucky. Align parts aren't worth double the price of a clone part to you? Don't say ebay

Even with your experience with clones, you're also going to LOVE it if you ever get an align, trust me.

Tarot doesn't count if they're the ones making stuff for align. Good decision.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:49 AM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
That's cool, but rare. How do you deal with bent shafts, play in shafts, and (if belted) belts that only last a couple decent flights at best before it emulates some other tail problem? You must be extremely lucky. Align parts aren't worth double the price of a clone part to you? Don't say ebay

Even with your experience with clones, you're also going to LOVE it if you ever get an align, trust me.

Tarot doesn't count if they're the ones making stuff for align. Good decision.
Well I only have a belt tail on the 500ESP and no issues so far. Only replaced one defective tail shaft bearing with a Tarot bearing. The Tarot 450 Pro and VWINRC 450 Pro both built clean with all original parts and very low vibrations. I learned the hard way with HK kits and ebay parts... Now I get parts direct from VWINRC or VCTRC. I think they are better than Tarot. I have a friend at the field who flies all Align and he was considering a VWINRC 550 at one moment in time until he bought his Align 550 used on helifreaks. Not really interested in Align. Once my 3D and mistakes get alot better I will skip Align and get a Mikado or JR...
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:04 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Well I only have a belt tail on the 500ESP and no issues so far. Only replaced one defective tail shaft bearing with a Tarot bearing. The Tarot 450 Pro and VWINRC 450 Pro both built clean with all original parts and very low vibrations. I learned the hard way with HK kits and ebay parts... Now I get parts direct from VWINRC or VCTRC. I think they are better than Tarot. I have a friend at the field who flies all Align and he was considering a VWINRC 550 at one moment in time until he bought his Align 550 used on helifreaks. Not really interested in Align. Once my 3D and mistakes get alot better I will skip Align and get a Mikado or JR...
What a jump! Why not go better than Mikado or JR? Heck get a full scale chopper
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:06 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,244 Posts
Get whatever you want people, the facts are on the table in this thread (and repeated many times)...at least when it comes to align clones vs align.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:19 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
You know what, I have 5 clones. I am all about the high head speeds. The tail will fail. Everything important will fail soon also. That is the difference.

Hoover around at 2000 RPM head speed for anything, that should be fine.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Just want to make sure all of you Obama supporters know what you've been condoning .. logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 64 Dec 18, 2012 03:40 AM
Discussion HobbyKing condoning illegal activities!!! OMG! Teamsherman Australia 5 Jun 02, 2012 05:30 AM
Sold Fosa Ballast kit by (Steve Condon) Phil Davy Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Apr 11, 2012 01:42 PM
"Stupid" flying video...do NOT condone...LIMITED TIME ONLY JAS 3D Flying 80 Jan 09, 2005 02:10 AM
why no "180" clone motors? mohammad_sa39 Flying Wings 0 Oct 15, 2004 10:12 AM