Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:59 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Seems like the thread is being pointedly steered back to Gaui. You wouldn't happen to be v999's other account would you?
You obviously are directing this toward me. No i am not v999. I state facts and will back them up with user accounts, articles and ACTUAL DATA. Don't call me out for drawing a comparison to one of the only other helicopters in the between 450-500 size. In fact i don't have to prove anything to you. Obviously your just hating on me.

I don't HATE on Align or any other brand. I'm a realist and i DO my research. If I'm wrong i'll admit it. As far as i'm concerned you are the "fan boys" that can't get over the fact that Align is not the best thing in the world. It's best quality is availability in an affordable amount of quality. But you know what. I don't care if you don't listen to me. In my life as an independent researcher, i come across all kinds of data about ALL different subjects. When i find facts that people are not ready to hear they will always resist until they are ready. In between they will fight it and argue, whatever. I don't care. I just put out the data that i find to be true and if i'm wrong. SO WHAT, what the hell do you care? Your obviously not listening anyway or already own your heli and don't care in the first place. I could care less what you think of my findings. I care about the person that IS NOT posting here, but instead hit google for some research because they are looking to buy. If they are smart they would take what i say and go do MORE research. Compare user notes and reviews. Find out what REAL people are saying. Not just what Tony from xheli says is a good helicopter. Clone helicopters are garbage 90% of the time if your not willing to invest more into the electronics. Electric helicopters these days are like desktop PC computers. The label on the out side does not mean squat, typically. Because no matter the brand the GOOD ones will use the same internal components. Intel, whatever, all the same brands are all found in every brand name desktop. Just like in all the "good" helicopters.. The clones with good mechanics are GREAT airframes. But heaven help anyone that uses a $50 set 4 servos and a no name brand ESC. The results could be completely unpredictable. So go buy an ALIGN in stead. I'm pretty sure that is what i've always been saying. However there is STILL better than Align if you happen to be serious about the hobby and the 3D aspect of it. Otherwise any damn helicopter will get you in the air for 10-15 flights before it fails. Clone builds are for experienced pilots, not rookies. If you want something guaranteed to fly for many flights you better avoid using full clone kits with their electronics and just get an Align. If you want a heli you can fly for hundreds of flights with very little maintenance, maybe just oil and lube. Spend more, not that Align can't fly hundreds of flights without failure. Because it i'm sure it can. But if your already flying 3D and going to be very aggressive. It's probably a good idea to go with the best electronics you can get. But what the hell do i know, i'm just a "fan boy".

Far as i'm concerned Tarot and Alzrc are looking top notch in the clone world. I might eventually discount them completely as "clones" as they are doing things on their own and progressing forward with new designs. Unlike Align or any of the other clones. Their electronics are looking not so horrible, according to actual user accounts.

Unsubscribed.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Nov 25, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:58 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I admittedly have not read every post in this thread, but I don't think Anyone said Align was the BEST.

I do not know why I am posting because It honestly matters very little to me, but I just cannot resist.

I built my first helicopter from an EXI frame, I bought good electronics and the heli flew great, then being self taught, I wrecked the hell out of it twice and replaced damn near every none electronic part on the bird with align parts because my kit was an align clone. If my heli was a Gaui clone I would have used Gaui parts. As long as I have something to fly on sunny days I honestly do not care about branding.

I guess my question is that if Gaui was everything that some (or one with many accounts) say, then why are companies like EXI - Tarot - Alzrc making clones of Gaui helicopters?
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:43 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
I never took offense to 'fanboy', I was just saying what I though was true, and searching for middle ground. Right now I just fly what I have and my align 450 is my new favorite heli, after I owned an exi. My exi flies nice too, and I'm always improving it as I go along, so RFDelie is right about that... but I (and he ) could've got an Align for the same price in the long run. And since I stayed in the hobby an Align (or better) would've been my better choice. I also wish I would've gone TT instead of belted tail on my exi at least... though I don't know how great their TT is.

I know Align is not the best. Gaui is whatever it is, I thought this thread was about clones.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:54 PM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
Align is the King....long live the King!!!!!!
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Is the spektrum/beast the same as the ZYX ? I hear plenty of refference to it on the forums, but not about what it is. Maybe I should Google it, but I would rather hear some first hand opinions on this.

Sorry if I'm getting to rudimentary about all this, but as you guys may have surmised, I am not an old hand at this yet and do appreciate the information.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:06 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
I never took offense to 'fanboy', I was just saying what I though was true, and searching for middle ground. Right now I just fly what I have and my align 450 is my new favorite heli, after I owned an exi. My exi flies nice too, and I'm always improving it as I go along, so RFDelie is right about that... but I (and he ) could've got an Align for the same price in the long run. And since I stayed in the hobby an Align (or better) would've been my better choice. I also wish I would've gone TT instead of belted tail on my exi at least... though I don't know how great their TT is.

I know Align is not the best. Gaui is whatever it is, I thought this thread was about clones.
The TT is more effecient because it does mot have the tension which generates friction. As far as normal flight goes, I dont think you will notice much of a difference, but when you get into auto rotations it is much easier for a 450 size heli to gain headspeed (with the smaller blade surface) with a TT.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:13 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Is the spektrum/beast the same as the ZYX ? I hear plenty of refference to it on the forums, but not about what it is. Maybe I should Google it, but I would rather hear some first hand opinions on this.

Sorry if I'm getting to rudimentary about all this, but as you guys may have surmised, I am not an old hand at this yet and do appreciate the information.
No they are completely different. There are two other gyros that copy the beastx Version 1 the VCCRC and HB800, but the beast is already on V3 that includes sat/sbus and phasing for scale multi blades.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:22 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
No they are completely different. There are two other gyros that copy the beastx Version 1 the VCCRC and HB800, but the beast is already on V3 that includes sat/sbus and phasing for scale multi blades.
Thank you, so its a 3 axis gyro (?) and if the added features arent needed than the ZYX should suffice ?

I still need to learn how to set up the ZYX, but thought if something else was better, than I wont waste my time learning this unit.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:51 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
The TT is more effecient because it does mot have the tension which generates friction. As far as normal flight goes, I dont think you will notice much of a difference, but when you get into auto rotations it is much easier for a 450 size heli to gain headspeed (with the smaller blade surface) with a TT.
I like TT now, and aside from a few mishaps I would have been ok with it on my exi, instead of a belt. It seems like the TT tail on my align is a big part of it seeming so much more smooth flying. And the turnigy motor on my exi is louder too, but aside from that.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Quote:
Thank you, so its a 3 axis gyro (?) and if the added features arent needed than the ZYX should suffice ?

I still need to learn how to set up the ZYX, but thought if something else was better, than I wont waste my time learning this unit.
If it is your first experience I would go with the beastx. The ZYX's are great for the money, but not for someone starting out. The beast dose most of the work for you. You can just use the basic settings and tell it what 6 degrees looks like and your maximum and minimum pitch is and your good to go every time.

I proved that you can use the ZYX on a scale five blade multi rotor, but you have to set the phasing yourself by moving the swash forward this puts binding on the control rods and it don't look scale.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:07 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,490 Posts
Quote:
Good advice Elios000, not to start a war, but how would you rate the Blade 450 ? I have one and other than replacing the 3 main servos with metal gear ones, I feel its a solid heli. Are the Aligns a step up or down from this ? And how would you compare it to the clones like HK has ?

This would give me some idea of where to go and what I might be dealing with.
id put hte blade 450 over a clone but under an Align kit for most things*

if its the 450X the BeastX unit is FAR better then the Align 3GX but the servos still are meh

if you really want FBL get an Atom 500 with the same AR7200BX and Align 510M and 520 servos and a hobbywing ESC youll be happy with it

i would stay FAR FAR FAR away from "budget" fbl controllers to many things to go wrong with them
the BeastX / RX combo unit + a sat is a great deal unit cost 250 ish sat is 30 ish
toss that in a Compass Atom 500 with Savox/Align servos and Hobbywing esc and your set
you can get the Atom 500 with blades motor and esc just add servos and the beastx/rx unit and sat + flight pack
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Blade problem is your back to price! Your not getting your moneys worth. Same price or sometimes lower is the align plus. All the electronics and the radio to me are better than the blade package. I am a Futaba Fan Boy lol! I could care less about features!!! features don't help you in the air. The Futaba is and has always been locked in 100% They don't know what a brown out is and have never had to rebind a rx. But like I said I am a Fan Boy. Been fighting that fight for over three years and I have been proven right 99% of the time and that really pi$$es people off the most.

Now that I got that out of my system, If you already have a spektrum radio the bindNfly is more affordable.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Blade problem is your back to price! Your not getting your moneys worth. Same price or sometimes lower is the align plus. All the electronics and the radio to me are better than the blade package. I am a Futaba Fan Boy lol! I could care less about features!!! features don't help you in the air. The Futaba is and has always been locked in 100% They don't know what a brown out is and have never had to rebind a rx. But like I said I am a Fan Boy. Been fighting that fight for over three years and I have been proven right 99% of the time and that really pi$$es people off the most.

Now that I got that out of my system, If you already have a spektrum radio the bindNfly is more affordable.
There is a RTF deal for a Align 450DFC RTF with Futaba transmitter and Align 3GX for $455.99

http://www.wowhobbies.com/agnrh45e01...def3gxrtf.aspx

The RTF kit would be below the price of a 450X RTF. I have not seen this deal anywhere so I wonder whether it is real or a misprint.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:13 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,875 Posts
Well I must say I don't care for the 3gx, but it's getting one that works that is the problem. All the RTF are expose to be tested and flown so I think if you were to get one that would be the way. Also that is not the standard 3gx it is the futaba/3gx so it could be built a little different. Like I said people who get a working 3gx love them and can't say enough good things about them and then there is the rest of us lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:07 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post

At the end of the day its a hobby, and a hobby by definition should be fun. Wether you derive you fun from building/flying or modding its immaterial.

As long as you end your "Hobby time" with a smile on your face what does it matter if you have a $20 clone or a $6k turbine
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi