to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Nov 2011
11 Posts
Winter in Port Angeles

Building Projects:

High Pro Soarer ( 1970s Ikon...sort of)

HLG conversion to electric ( club project from 1994 at TMSS...bad shoulder makes electric conversion a great Idea
WACO Beta electric ( gathering dust under the counter...now built and looking more F3J like all the time...making motor mount as we speak.
Retracts in the AMS DG1000 ....doors built and fitted...but the ones in the new plane look pretty good...

More planes to go...
beckerp360 is offline Find More Posts by beckerp360
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,676 Posts
It looks like you share my passion for oldies, V-tails, and scale gliders beckerp360. Sitting here on the first day that's just too darned cold to fly I am feverishly crunching the budget numbers to decide what I want to do first. I'm starting to lean towards a new 3D ship that I can fly in the parking lot across the street but the DG 1000 will be next unless I change my mind, again and again, about which one I want first.
peterlngh is offline Find More Posts by peterlngh
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Jun 2012
254 Posts
I have plans coming from RCM plans for larry jollys old Electra-Lite that Im thinking of building. Also have plans coming for a spinifex 100, maybe an electric conversion on that?
vicrider is online now Find More Posts by vicrider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: scratch fpv pusher
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:09 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,256 Posts
I bought an old ELEGANT 700 from a new member here - for nearly new price. He shipped it in the retail box (AAARRGHGHGH %$)$&_$^&$^_&_#$&_#&*%) My winter project will be to fix the fuse where the postal service used it to prop open a door. Only one break in the fuse, and it was not all the way through. CUSS CUSS CUSS!

Did I mention that I was not real happy with the shipping? Got the parts for it, now need the time and the guts to dig into it.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,676 Posts
Speaking of building. A little bird sent me an email that a couple new Turnigy SK3 28mm motors are in at the U.S. warehouse. I'm considering getting one of each. Judging by the specs I would think that the 2836 1040kv would be great for up to an 11" prop, or even a 12X3.8 slo-fly on a stunter, while the 1500 would be good for a smallish warmliner or give me a motor that I can use with the 2cell batteries I bought for the ASW28. I bet it would handle a 9X6 for as long a burst as one needs for a glider with 3 cells.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:16 AM
Cumulus Altimus
KELLER TEXAS
Joined Feb 2002
3,608 Posts
2.5m ORION
FASTBEN is offline Find More Posts by FASTBEN
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:26 AM
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Feb 2006
242 Posts
I am about 1/3-1/2 way through a Great planes PT-40 build, my first 4 channel and my first build. Going very well. I also have a 30 year old Gentle lady, never flown, that I have all the conversion equipment to convert to electric. That will get started as soon as the 40 is off the table. Looking forward to flying the GL as my father and I built it in the early 80's, he passed in '98, a great model starter, a poor model finisher and never really flew much. The GL was a "winter project" for he and I.
Bariboy is offline Find More Posts by Bariboy
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Chrysails Electric

I'm building this over the Winter . FishHawk
FishHawk is offline Find More Posts by FishHawk
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Jun 2012
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHawk View Post
I'm building this over the Winter . FishHawk
Finished one of those a couple weeks ago. Really like it and there is lots of info out there of others that have built it.
vicrider is online now Find More Posts by vicrider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: scratch fpv pusher
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,676 Posts
I went with just the SK3 2836-1040kv and it arrived yesterday (Thank you, HobbyKing and the USPS!) and bench tested it today. I'm impressed. I can't see any reason it wouldn't swing a 12X5 folding prop without issues. Alas, my first three choices for a plane that I was intending to order tomorrow all went out of stock in the last 48 hours! I should have ordered the plane first but I kinda wanted to eat at least a couple times over the last few days! Oh well; I have an "extra" motor that will work for whichever one comes back in stock first.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:01 AM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
252 Posts
1. SIG Raiser 100
2. Valenta ASW 20 4m
Pisaneli is offline Find More Posts by Pisaneli
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:12 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
I'm going to build the Feather Merchant, electric
my inspiration
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1778816
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:18 AM
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,393 Posts
Somehow this slipped in my list, "Bergfalke Rad'ster". Part Mountain Hawk, mostly Radian and some targa mixed in for refreshment. Gotta love it.

Darn elves got ahold of my maple syrup again and drank the whole lot! The hobby shop downstairs was amiss with all kinds of sounds of elves on syrup. Seems the elves sent it through engineering and decided a proper retro back dating, reinforced wing saddle, vintage style skid landing gear and wheel we're in order and out came my Radian modified. Guess I can't complain, came out nice.

Cheers, Happy Holidays,Thompson

Build photos...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...22599&page=917

studioRS is online now Find More Posts by studioRS
Last edited by studioRS; Dec 03, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
577 Posts
I have a Multiplex Arriba that I was lucky to get. It's an early high performance electric from back when the Astro cobalt motors were cutting edge. 3.4 meters, about 7 - 8 pounds. A close relative of the Alpina. I have always wanted a big German sailplane. Now the question is how stock or modified to build it. With modern motors and batteries I can triple both the power and battery capacity and still be lighter than the original power setup. (no, I am not going to overpower it )
Ken
Ken Lilja is online now Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member