Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:49 PM
Joined Dec 2003
8 Posts
That is the density rating of the foam, it comes in different densitys of 15,25,40, up to 100Lb. Of course with greater density comes greater weight...
thojo is offline Find More Posts by thojo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2005, 01:22 PM
Alexey Gorbunov
Moscow, Russia
Joined Apr 2004
47 Posts
My weapon.
Lyoha is offline Find More Posts by Lyoha
Old Aug 28, 2005, 04:58 PM
Alexey Gorbunov
Moscow, Russia
Joined Apr 2004
47 Posts
Russia. N. Novgorod. Open combat.
Lyoha is offline Find More Posts by Lyoha
Old Nov 19, 2005, 07:58 AM
Caen Normandy FRANCE
Joined Nov 2003
90 Posts
Hello,
2 Spitfires from France:
one for 1/12 Scale Combat and the other is a FSK kit.

regards
PAscal

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4...its32df.th.png

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8...its41mj.th.png
pacalou is offline Find More Posts by pacalou
Old Nov 23, 2005, 07:53 AM
Joined Apr 2005
45 Posts
Komet 36ws, OS25fx
javierospina is offline Find More Posts by javierospina
Old Dec 09, 2005, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1 Posts
Here is one of my RC airplanes I would like to sell. 47" wing span combat airplane. It has an OS40LA engine I will sell it with or without the engine. The engine has only been used a few times so its not broke in yet. I will take $150.00 for the airplane, transmitter, receiver, servos without the engine. $225.00 with the engine. Top side of the airplane is RED the bottom side is BLUE. With a 4 pitch prop it will fly about 55 mph. Every time you increase the prop pitch by 1 the speed increases by about 10 mph. It will do 75 mph with a 6 pitch prop and about 105 mph with a 9 pitch prop. Glide ratio is very good it will fly 1/4 mile dead stick. It has a bladder fuel tank it will hold 8 to 10 minutes of fuel. It will do loops in about 8 foot diameter circles. The airplane weighs about 8 ounces without the engine, servos, and receiver. If you are interested in this or know anyone that might be interested let me know I am going to post this on one of the RC forums tonight. I am not a member of any RC forum so I will have to register that might take a while will try to get that all done tonight if I have time. I need to leave I will be home again about 8pm tonight. I also have a used OS46LA I would swap out with the OS40 engine for $10.00 less.

I don't see any option to upload the pictures. This is my first time on this forum I don't know how it works.
http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/bat01.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/bat03.jpg
Isaac Neuton is offline Find More Posts by Isaac Neuton
Last edited by Isaac Neuton; Dec 09, 2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2006, 11:37 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,340 Posts
Here are my Foam Fighters.

Here are pictures of my foamfighters, All these planes are made out of 1/4 inch bluecore foam and are designed to be flown with basic GWS hardware the new Hellcat plane was made out of 6mm depron foam. nasic setup for all kits is:

Setup for brushed motors:
I use the GWS EPS-350 motor and gearbox with ball bearings. The best ratio is 4.43 to 1 or B or 5.33 to 1 C
8060 slowfly props on the B drive.
9070 slowfly props on the C drive.

Speed Control: Use one that delivers up to 10amps. I like the GWSISC300

Batteries: Use High Discharge Lipoly 350 ma, 700ma, 900ma, to 1000ma. Avoid using a battery over 1000ma. It will add too much weight. Lighter is better with electrics.

Receiver: GWS GW/R4PII72/H/F, 4 Channel Receiver

Servos (2 required) GWS/NR/STD/F, Naro Standard Servo

Transmitter A good computer radio works best but this planes will fly using a simple 3 channel radio planes are only setup with Ailerons/Elevator/throttle

All Flatfoam Fighter kits include:
paper decal sheets
carbon rod wing brace
1 set of control rods
wire for control services
Motor mount for EPS type motor.

Building materials required:
foam safe glue ( I found that using 5 minute epoxy works the best) (30 minutes also if you need more time)
A xacto knife with # 11 blades.
packing tape ( the kind with fibergalss strings in it) and one roll of standard clear packing tape.
I paint all my planes with Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic paint from Michaels craft store comes in 100's of colors
goes on great with a spong brush or can be thinned for airbrushing.
glue stick for applying paper decals

Kits can be built under 3 hours.

Contact me about these kits and others.

website comming soon!
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tallflyer; Jan 15, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 02:48 PM
Somerset UK
Joined Feb 2004
4 Posts
Me 262, 1/12 scale combat model

Hi

Here is my scratch built Me262 built to 1/12 scale from blue foam with brown paper covering and enamel paint finish. Power is provided by two OS15LA engines each with a 4oz fuel tank. Total weight, dry, is just under 3lb. Currently waiting its first flight....... and fight.
LYNXACE is offline Find More Posts by LYNXACE
Old Jan 11, 2006, 03:18 PM
Somerset UK
Joined Feb 2004
4 Posts
Dornier Do335

Here is another combat model from my 1/12th scale collection of Luftwaffe fighters.

Construction is blue foam with brown paper covering. Twin OS15CVA engines provide the urge.

The lower fin is held in place by a short, dome headed, locating dowel and a strong magnet.......this ensures a safe departure on harder landings.

Pulls away from a self hand launch without any problems and the rear propeller easily clears the launching hand.

This model has completed several flights and turns well. Total weight is 3lb 12oz including 6oz of nose ballast to move the CG forward.

Should hopefully compete this year in the UK.
Old Apr 02, 2006, 10:50 AM
Canard Driver
san diego, ca.
Joined Nov 2002
428 Posts
combat

Want a change of pace? try this, more fun than you think, if you can
stop laughing long enough to fly, we fly three at a time.(IFO's)
Dick
R.A.P. is offline Find More Posts by R.A.P.
Old Apr 02, 2006, 04:49 PM
Love is like Pi: Irrational
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNXACE
Here is another combat model from my 1/12th scale collection of Luftwaffe fighters.

Construction is blue foam with brown paper covering. Twin OS15CVA engines provide the urge.

The lower fin is held in place by a short, dome headed, locating dowel and a strong magnet.......this ensures a safe departure on harder landings.

Pulls away from a self hand launch without any problems and the rear propeller easily clears the launching hand.

This model has completed several flights and turns well. Total weight is 3lb 12oz including 6oz of nose ballast to move the CG forward.

Should hopefully compete this year in the UK.
two engines power two props on your plane?
I'd like to see more of it, I haven't seen anything like that before.
P.S. that's awesome!
ronmeister is offline Find More Posts by ronmeister
Old Apr 02, 2006, 04:52 PM
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoha
My weapon.
How does the prop not get demolished?
On my electric flying wings the prop does line up with the wing, but wouldn't the engine keep running on a landing with yours?
Old Apr 03, 2006, 02:26 PM
Somerset UK
Joined Feb 2004
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmeister
two engines power two props on your plane?
I'd like to see more of it, I haven't seen anything like that before.
P.S. that's awesome!
Thanks for your comments......I agree that the model is an unusual choice of subject . I made it to prove a point with my fellow combat pilots here in the UK.....some said it wouldn't work and that I'd have all kinds of engine thrust line problems etc etc. A little down thrust on the rear engine is all that was required to make a great model. Here are a few construction shots showing the foam and brown paper construction. I was lucky enough to visit Maryland earlier this year and see the original Dornier Do335 at the museum at Dulles .
Last edited by LYNXACE; Apr 03, 2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Missing pictures
Old Apr 05, 2006, 05:28 PM
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Yeah I have actually been volunteering at Dulles for the National Space Day programs, sponsored by NASA and Lockheed Martin.
Old Apr 09, 2006, 11:07 AM View Post
ShayRC
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.