HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
I followed the instructions and got the fast flashing green after the 2 minute wait. So I connected it to the assistant:

The giro is 3.7, 0.4, 0.5
the accleration is: 0, 0, -1

Can you be a little more specific on "Do basic cali following the instruction of the assistant."

There is a restore the factory setting button should I press that?

The compass cable seems to be ok at least on the one end I can see.

4)one yellow: The GPS is not working. Check the compass cable and repower phantom.
5)fast flashing green: you need connect to the assistant and see page "tools". Put phantom level and stable. Check the value of gyroscope and accleration: Gyroscope should be near 0,0,0 and acceleration should be near 0,0,-1. Do basic cali following the instruction of the assistant. After that the fast flashing green will disappears. (If you move phantom before take off, you will get fast flashing green. It is OK.) Redo the above sequense.
6)red-green-yellow: error! Don't fly and contact your shop.
sampdoria is offline Find More Posts by sampdoria
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Feb 2008
196 Posts
After much messing about with iMovie, here is my short (boring) maiden. The video seems pretty jello-free but fast movement is showing artefacts; anyone know a fix for this or is it the YouTube compression?

DJI Phantom - maiden (6 min 24 sec)
xpower180 is offline Find More Posts by xpower180
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:21 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Who is stocking the replacement shells? Please post a link. I would like to mod one but don't want the Phantom apart while waiting.
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Two Questions

Had my first flight today and it went great. The DJI videos were a big help and I didn't push it. I do have two questions:

My Phantom kept pulling to its right. Could this mean the props need balancing or could it be something else?

Second question, I want to buy 3 spare batteries....what do you recommend?

Thanks everyone!
Kenswift is offline Find More Posts by Kenswift
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:04 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,950 Posts
Phantom Assistant Set Up

Since there have been so many questions on setting up the Phantom in Assistant. I did a short, if you call 14min short, video of how to navigate the Assistant menus, set the parameters and activate IOC. I hope that this helps the new guys and never ever pilots. If you have questions, please post here and there are many good folks that will help

Phantom Assistant Set Up (14 min 27 sec)
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:22 PM
New Boy
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Jan 2013
191 Posts
Hi all ,
New to the forums , but have been watching this thread for a while.
Thought I'd share my first video with you all.
DJI Phantom
GOPRO Hero3 Black (in the waterproof case)
Mounted upside down and fixed direct to the Phantom GOPRO mount.
1440 wide @ 25fps
Raw video, just added a sound track and reduced res to 720p for uploading to YouTube.
Filmed at my local reservoir.
Not very exciting but the Phantom is pretty stable (GPS mode throughout).
Got 8 mins of flight time on the supplied battery before first battery LED warning started flashing.
Very Pleased with it so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=420hH...NBMOj1X5zRACpA

p.s. how do I embed you tube videos into my post?
R1CH is online now Find More Posts by R1CH
Last edited by R1CH; Jan 13, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:37 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,950 Posts
Normally with YouTube they imbed without doing something special. Check preview on the post and see if it is there. Sometimes I have to repost my videos to my post a few times to make sure they are there. You can edit your post and see if you can reinstall it. Nice video. I am not a real fan of 1440 because of the 4x3 video. I prefer 16x9 so I use 1080p at 60fps and medium FOV. It is a personal preference.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:46 PM
New Boy
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Jan 2013
191 Posts
Thanks Ed,
Going to try 1080p tomorrow , weather permitting.
I would prefer to have a full screen picture on my tv.
R1CH is online now Find More Posts by R1CH
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:48 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CH View Post
Thanks Ed,
Going to try 1080p tomorrow , weather permitting.
I would prefer to have a full screen picture on my tv.
You need to go digital.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:42 PM
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswift View Post
Had my first flight today and it went great. The DJI videos were a big help and I didn't push it. I do have two questions:

My Phantom kept pulling to its right. Could this mean the props need balancing or could it be something else?

Second question, I want to buy 3 spare batteries....what do you recommend?

Thanks everyone!
Exactly same here!!!!!!!
Mexicano is offline Find More Posts by Mexicano
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:09 PM
I DESIGN QUADCOPTERS
Joined Apr 2012
762 Posts
Is there anyone that change the remote to get longer range or is there a mod that can be done
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:16 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
Is there anyone that change the remote to get longer range or is there a mod that can be done
Longer range than what?? If you are talking about the limitations of 2.4gHz, then no. You would have to go to UHF and that would require a different platform.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:20 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Fly it in open space ... not in a small backyard. In GPS mode and calm condition after compass calibration and IMU warmed up, take off and give a little forward & backward stick movements; then left and right; keep in around within 20 feet. Let it hover, and don't touch the stick until it stops drifting. The drift left/right or forward/backward will stop if you don't touch the sticks.

If it still drift, increase gain (add 15%) to Atti Aileron and Elevator.

As for longer range; this is not full range receiver; 300 meters can be out of visual range.
Get the Naza-M controller and F450 using full range receiver; Futaba or JR can get out over 1 mile .... that is if you can see it.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:43 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Since there have been so many questions on setting up the Phantom in Assistant. I did a short, if you call 14min short, video of how to navigate the Assistant menus, set the parameters and activate IOC. I hope that this helps the new guys and never ever pilots. If you have questions, please post here and there are many good folks that will help

https://vimeo.com/57333663
Nice video Ed. I can verify that IOC is not functioning out of the box. Flew it the first weekend before the 2.0 software was released. The IOC box appears to be pre-checked and just plugging in the Phantom will initialize it.
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:53 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
Nice video Ed. I can verify that IOC is not functioning out of the box. Flew it the first weekend before the 2.0 software was released. The IOC box appears to be pre-checked and just plugging in the Phantom will initialize it.
There had been posts to that effect. I was not able to confirm because I connected to Assistant before flying. Call me old fashioned. Actually I am not the target audience so your post is appropriate. Thanks.
Site Sponsor