HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:22 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdoria View Post
In the Assistant is shows ATTI mode but on the TX I have it set to GPS...

Is there any way to change it in the assistant?
Check to make sure that the compass is plugged in correctly. It sounds like the GPS/COMPASS is not being recognized by Assistant.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:25 AM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
Thanks for the information tomorrow morning I will try it.

Couple questions:
When you say NEXT: Push the two switch up. what exactly are you referring to? The two sticks? The ATTI/GPS switch?

4)one yellow: The GPS is not working. Check the compass cable and repower phantom.

Where is the compass cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
About the compass calibration:
First: You need to confirm the GPS is working. Follow my steps.
1step: Go outside and put phantom on a broad field where no houses no iron materials and open.
2 step:
Pull down your throttle stick if needed.
NEXT: Push the two switch up.
NEXT:Power on your transmitter.
(Remember don't touch any sticks when you power on the transmitter. Otherwise phantom will fly to a side when you take it off. )
NEXT:Power on phantom and wait for maybe 2 minutes, the fast flashing yellow LED disappears. After that you will see:

1)one green: It is in GPS mode and the satellites is good enough.
2)red leds after one green: It is in GPS mode but the satellites is not good enough.
3)yellow+red yellow red...:Never mind before you calibrate the compass. If the leds disappears when you lift your phantom up, there maybe iron materials around. Move to another place till it disappear.

Both of these tell you the GPS is working.

4)one yellow: The GPS is not working. Check the compass cable and repower phantom.
5)fast flashing green: you need connect to the assistant and see page "tools". Put phantom level and stable. Check the value of gyroscope and accleration: Gyroscope should be near 0,0,0 and acceleration should be near 0,0,-1. Do basic cali following the instruction of the assistant. After that the fast flashing green will disappears. (If you move phantom before take off, you will get fast flashing green. It is OK.) Redo the above sequense.
6)red-green-yellow: error! Don't fly and contact your shop.

Second: On condition of GPS is working, toggle the GPS/ATTI switch six to ten times.
Not too fast!
If the constant yellow led comes out, you can calibrate the compass. If not, try toggle again.
sampdoria is offline Find More Posts by sampdoria
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:28 AM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Check to make sure that the compass is plugged in correctly. It sounds like the GPS/COMPASS is not being recognized by Assistant.
Can I ask you which one is the compass cable?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:30 AM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
I think it is the cable that is connected to the landing gear
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:17 AM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdoria View Post
Can I ask you which one is the compass cable?
There is a reason why they print this...

http://download.dji-innovations.com/..._Manual_en.pdf

http://download.dji-innovations.com/..._Manual_en.pdf
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:16 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2003
387 Posts
To those of you in the know and are perhaps drinking buddies and on a first name basis with CEO Colin, is there any rumour that there might be an ARF version Phantom less radio RX and TX?
I would like to use Spektrum system to comply with my local club rules.
He did suggest on one of the videos that more good stuff was to come!
Discharger is offline Find More Posts by Discharger
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:36 AM
Joined Jul 2006
77 Posts
Damper mount for DJI Phantom

Here's how I mod my Phantom.

The stock mount in my opinion isn't good as it produce jello and vibrations using my hero3 Black and CamOne Infinity.

These 2 mods worked very well with no visible vibes and jello

I will post unprocessed video soon
chinahbeng is offline Find More Posts by chinahbeng
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:50 AM
Joined Jul 2006
77 Posts
And here's the video shot with CamOne mounted on rubber ball damper platform

Phantom 1st Flight Video Test (3 min 7 sec)

Pls note that this video is unedited and raw, no post processing involved.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:57 AM
Joined Jul 2006
77 Posts
Here's another vid. It's shot at 720p 60fps using Hero3 Black using oil damper (ie camera mounted upside down), then converted to 480p 30fps so that I can quickly upload to Youtube.

Temple final A (2 min 1 sec)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
Have you already made adjustments with the Naza assistant?

This is what I see and hear in the video.... any one else agree?

I hear NO start-up. It goes straight to an aggressive lift off which is possible in (Immediate throttle cut off type) rather than (intelligent cut off type) I also hear at 07 seconds the aggressive throttle shutter of manual mode. ATTI/GPS and ATTI are much smoother then that. The tilt angles are also aggressive as in manual mode flight.
Hi,

No adjustments were made I the assistant software other than turning IOC on. I cut the first few mins of video which had the start up before uploading.

It was set to intelligent cut off and I took off aggressively as it just tipped over if I didn't. Camera was in waterproof case which may distort the sound.

It was set to GPS mode and I had waited for the lights to confirm a fix.

How do you even put it in manual mode?

Thanks
mattyp2013 is offline Find More Posts by mattyp2013
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:33 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
Excellent results! Did you create this yourself, or can you buy this in a shop? Could you please describe how you build it, if it was customly made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinahbeng View Post
Here's how I mod my Phantom.

The stock mount in my opinion isn't good as it produce jello and vibrations using my hero3 Black and CamOne Infinity.

These 2 mods worked very well with no visible vibes and jello

I will post unprocessed video soon
DJ41 is offline Find More Posts by DJ41
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:50 AM
Joined Feb 2008
197 Posts
She Flies....!

Just maidened my quad (at last) before the snow started again; a few observations:

1. Damn this thing is stable!

2, I need more lipo's!! - can anyone tell me if the Turnigy 2200 3s fits the bay ok?
Whilst on the subject, are there likely to be any issues if the battery leads are shortened right down for the Phantom?

3. I noticed, even when above the tree line with an open view of the skies, that the GPS fluctuates in relation to the amount of satellites it is seeing (sometimes it changes to less than 5, others more than 6). Have others seen this behaviour?

4. The supplied go pro mount seems very good, i've balanced the props and made sure the mount screws are nice and tight and i'm getting (so I think) nice quality video - uploading...

5. I completed a 7min 'flight' - it was really just high hovering to be fair - and i've put back 1279 so I'm good for around 9 mins.

I've been tweaking FPV cables this morning so i'll do some signal testing next time.

Overall, i'm very excited about this platform!

Happy flying
xpower180 is offline Find More Posts by xpower180
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:53 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,348 Posts
Shortening the lipo leads is not a problem, just be careful when you do so not to short them together. And never cut bot hat once which will lead to a short and a bit flash :-)

Also one thing to note about flight time, in cold weather the time will be reduced due to the impact of the cold on the lipo. So just keep that in mind if you are timing your flights as it will vary based on temp.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:32 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel
Joined Jan 2013
24 Posts
I have a question. Yesterday I had an unfortunate landing and I came in too fast and the Phantom tipped over and crashed. The damage is very minimal. I did change 2 props that probably didn't even need changing, but they were dirty so I thought i'd change them anyway.

Now the Phantom has a slight, but noticable tilt to the right side. It's very light, but it annoys me. How can I correct this? There is no other visible damage to it.

I recalibrated the compass already.

NVM. I solved it by running an advanced calibration in the NAZA software tool. Which is a brilliant piece of software btw.
DJ41 is offline Find More Posts by DJ41
Last edited by DJ41; Jan 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
22 Posts
Phantom/Hero Black for sale

Hi,

I have decided to sell my Phantom..

See attached pics, the only damage is to the plastic gopro connector and you can use a standard gopro mount as a replacement. The included gopro case itself has not been used as I just attached the waterproof case directly. Small scuff marks on the case where the props made contact (see pic) but other than that its fine.

All boxed etc with a spare battery (less than a week old). I have only flown it three times and am not very good/don't have enough patience.

I have also attached a screen shot of the Naza assistant showing the status.

Will consider any sensible offers before it goes on Ebay. I'm based in the UK.

I may also sell the Hero 3 Black with any sensible offers, again, only a week old, boxed with all accessories and comes with a 16gb class 10 card.

PM me if interested, looking to sort in the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Name: Untitled picture.jpg
Views: 267
Size: 39.0 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0858.JPG
Views: 212
Size: 169.3 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0865.JPG
Views: 217
Size: 165.1 KB