SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:36 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
I have been following the thread pretty diligently but have not seen a reference to the software. For a "newbie" everything is new... I am just learning what I got myself into...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy78 View Post
dude!!!!! all the info you need is in this thread, the assistant software can be downloaded from the DJI site along with the manual, i suggest you read it, also do a search on youtube for prop balancing there's loads.....

come on guys, not having a go but just because these things are ready to fly doesn't mean you can!! do a little research first and learn about this sort of stuff, it'll save you money and do you good to know what your getting into!!!
sampdoria is offline Find More Posts by sampdoria
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2013
68 Posts
there are 2 spares in the box, but it may not be beyond repair, post a pic!!
rudeboy78 is offline Find More Posts by rudeboy78
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Jan 2013
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdoria View Post
I have been following the thread pretty diligently but have not seen a reference to the software. For a "newbie" everything is new... I am just learning what I got myself into...
no worries buddy, baby steps, start with simple hovering first then progress from there

link for the download page for manuals software etc, have to instal the driver also

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...tom/downloads/
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
@sampdoria

Maybe also make sure the two switches are in the UP position for GPS ATTI.

replace the prop with a new one from the kit.

Look at the other props for damage. any damage.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdoria View Post
When it turns it touches the the main body so I think it is a fair assumption that is bent... Should I toss it and buy a new one?
Yes replace it. If it is bent that much it could be cracked or stressed and best case is out of alignment and will cause vibrations.

Just an FYI to anyone new to rc, don't ever try and fix a plastic prop by gluing it or anything else. A broken prop could injure someone easily and a lost prop on a quad is going to mean a crash. Also be sure to do a proper preflight check to ensure the aircraft is in good condition, no lose screws, prop nuts tight, etc.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
All of you pros make it look like it is soooo easy :-)

I have added two picks the prop on the right is touching the main body.

On the bright side I can attest first hand that the body is pretty crash resistant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy78 View Post
no worries buddy, baby steps, start with simple hovering first then progress from there

link for the download page for manuals software etc, have to instal the driver also

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...tom/downloads/
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,093 Posts
The left prop looks chipped as well. Just be careful with damaged props. It is all too easy to get blinded by accident.

It all comes with experience. Asking is a great first step. We all learn from what we do and from each other. So always feel free to ask as someone will help around here in most cases if they can.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
I have downloaded the driver installed the software is there any diagnostic tool that can tell me how badly I messed it up?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
Thanks! I think I will need to replace the props. I know two extras came in the box, does anyone carry the props already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
The left prop looks chipped as well. Just be careful with damaged props. It is all too easy to get blinded by accident.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:05 PM
Joined Jan 2013
68 Posts
nah not really mate, download the manual also and study the LED sequence and see what the LED is saying, for safety remove your props before doing this and then make sure the tx is switched on..
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:09 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
Ive have been playing checking features of the naza assistant, and under tools when it hit check IMU status it says calibration needed. Should i do this? Im new to naza.
vartaz is offline Find More Posts by vartaz
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
68 Posts
yes make sure the phantom is on a flat level surface and do not touch it during calibration!!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:22 PM
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Aug 2012
254 Posts
It just sad here on my table, but i have added some foam on the landing gear, so will try it tomorrow and remove the foam and put it on a table and use a leveler and make it totally straight and then calibrate it. But is this normal is it not calibrated from factory? It only drifts a little to right when you switch gps on, and after 2-3m it stops and sits tight so its not bad at all... thanks, naza is a little more advanced then the KK2.0 which all my other copters use, so just gotta learn how it all works:-)
vartaz is offline Find More Posts by vartaz
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
68 Posts
Mine didn't need it but I done it anyway just to be sure, GPS lock will never be exact it will stay within a few metres radius!!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:26 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,093 Posts
One other tip for the new folks, be very careful charging the lipo battery. Best to do it in a garage or outside away from other materials and never leave charging unattended. Been more than one house lost recently from lipo charging issues. When they go off they burn very hot and very quickly. If you lipo starts to get warm or puff up then disconnect it immediately.

Check the battery and charging forums for more tips and info.
Site Sponsor