HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:18 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Yes, I'm also curious to see if the onboard GoPro video has much in the way of jello. If it does, we will go ahead with doing an isolation mount. It would be nice, however, if that isn't needed.

I would not want to risk a Hero3 Black on one of these without the case, though. I assume it will still fit under the landing gear with the waterproof case, but can you verify this Ed, or DJ?

-- Gary
I have not used a case in the last 2 years. I have had several crashes and no issues. The case is scratched up but the lens is untouched. I may do a lens protector if I get a 3.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:19 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
It'll fit. We have a HD Hero 1 on it now with the waterproof enclosure and there is about 15mm clearance to the ground.
DJ, how are you mounting that?
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:43 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Let me just say... No manual mode, no sale!

I hope youre wrong about that one.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:46 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post

From what I have read there is none at least not by default. You need to keep in mind this is meant as an entry level system, not something for people that have all their own RC gear. I see this as taking the HH RTF model to the next level.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:53 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
From what I have read there is none at least not by default. You need to keep in mind this is meant as an entry level system, not something for people that have all their own RC gear. I see this as taking the HH RTF model to the next level.
+1 If you want manual buy an FXXX ready to fly with GPS. You will need a Tx. I got an almost ready to fly F330 for $180 if you add the GPS $169 you are at $349. Now you have to add the Tx, Rx, Lipo and charger. Where do you end up? For the beginner this is a great combo. For the guys on the forum now, I am not sure that this is for you unless you are looking for a transportable quad with a GoPro mount.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
For flying high

Im a beginner and I think this is the one for me for flying vertically up, take some pictures and land safely. Im excited to see your new movies. Thanks for all pros from the Czech Republic
tauterman is offline Find More Posts by tauterman
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:36 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
It'll fit. We have a HD Hero 1 on it now with the waterproof enclosure and there is about 15mm clearance to the ground.
Perfect, thanks DJ.
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Aerial pics

Do you think it is able to make similar pics with dj phantom and gopro hero3 like this? http://www.fotozletadla.cz/letecke-s...y-mesta-brno-z
Im not sure but I hope. That is why Im excited to see what we can get from this equipment. Im really excited to Eds pics and movies.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:01 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauterman View Post
Do you think it is able to make similar pics with dj phantom and gopro hero3 like this? http://www.fotozletadla.cz/letecke-s...y-mesta-brno-z
Im not sure but I hope. That is why Im excited to see what we can get from this equipment. Im really excited to Eds pics and movies.
This is a fixed gimbal. You would have to take multiple shots after adjusting the mount to get those shots. Sorry, it is possible but not easy.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:44 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post

The proto version we have does have manual mode, but might removed do the customer level this is intended for.

We will see. Manual mode is only for very experienced flyers of course.

Take care,
DJI TECH 4
DJI TECH 4 is offline Find More Posts by DJI TECH 4
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:49 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI TECH 4 View Post
The proto version we have does have manual mode, but might removed do the customer level this is intended for.

We will see. Manual mode is only for very experienced flyers of course.

Take care,
DJI TECH 4
Can you send me the link to the video that you did over the F1 track? I would really appreciate it.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
The production version will have no manual mode, but maybe there will be a way to enable it for advanced users...we will have to wait and see.
I'm using one at the moment with a Hero 3, with great results. One thing to remember, the gopro has no remote shutter release, unless you use the Apple App. But..you can set the camera up to take a photo every xx seconds, then just discard the photos you don't want. I will try the App when it comes out on 14th Dec for the Hero 3 Black Edition.
hex junky is offline Find More Posts by hex junky
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Mar 2009
51 Posts
DJI Phantom F330 Kit by stockrc.com (1 min 53 sec)
funflyfpv is offline Find More Posts by funflyfpv
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
This is a fixed gimbal. You would have to take multiple shots after adjusting the mount to get those shots. Sorry, it is possible but not easy.

Yes, You are right
another moving gimbal is needed. I think pros like You will find out a good solution
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:31 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I have not used a case in the last 2 years. I have had several crashes and no issues. The case is scratched up but the lens is untouched. I may do a lens protector if I get a 3.
Well, consider yourself lucky. :P It really depends on how you crash, I ruined my lens in this crash:
Bambucopter Y6 - Two short flights and a crash (2 min 56 sec)

Thankfully, they have a lens over at Foxtechfpv that costs 15 dollars and I replaced it with that. The picture is perfect again. Much better than sending it in to have it repaired!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck