HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:18 AM
Joined Feb 2008
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsestes View Post
This the exact same case I got from Amazon (minus the DJI logo) for $40!!! http://www.amazon.com/Duratool-MJ-13...proof+Tool+Box

They are asking $129 for theirs!!!
Was just about to mention this... Bought mine for £30 last month! (Although mine didn't come with DJI foam :-) )...
xpower180 is offline Find More Posts by xpower180
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:58 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Feb 2013
56 Posts
Just got home at 7pm from work and started to tinker with my Phantom that just arrived today. Flew it for 10 minutes after balancing the stock prop. Still waiting for my Graupner props to come in. I'm just going to use my go pro (both hero 1 and hero 2) with the stock mount so I'm wondering if I even need the Graupner since I'm not interested in the gimble. Have not had a chance to fly it with go pro mounted yet since it was my first flight. I did get that tool box someone posted a while back from Amazon. I like the box it fits great and for the price you can't beat that.
sly5789 is offline Find More Posts by sly5789
Last edited by sly5789; Feb 23, 2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: able to upload pic
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:04 AM
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Feb 2013
56 Posts
here are some pics of my case and Phantom

This is my first quadcopter and first time customizing it. Can't wait to fly it tomorrow using my go pro to record video.
sly5789 is offline Find More Posts by sly5789
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:54 AM
Germany, HE, Liederbach am Taunus
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Need HQ DJI Phantom Images

Nobody out there who could help with High quality Phantom Images?

Would Print a "Sticker" for my Nanunk 940 Phantom Transport case...
It's easier to explain (TSA) whats inside the case and also looks better than standard black or grey...

it means things like that...

any ideas, sugesstions?

thx in advance. [a]
ReplayXD is offline Find More Posts by ReplayXD
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:31 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
RTH mysteries...

Is there a way to know the Home GPS coordinates are properly recorded if I have missed the fast green blinking sequence? Without setting a new Home waypoint, that is...

(I couldn't find the answer searching through this gigantic thread... Sorry if this has already been discussed)
fredbotton is offline Find More Posts by fredbotton
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:54 AM
DJI Phantom pilot
The Netherlands, GE, Culemborg
Joined Jan 2013
242 Posts
A question to all Graupner users:

my Graupners would not fit (as I knew) so the top hole was reamed out slightly.
The rotor axis thread now fits fine.

But I think the Graupners are "riding too high", as opposed to the stock props that snugly fit to the motor bell.
Should I ream out the bottom hole as well?
Or should I ream out the top hole some more to lower the prop to the motor bell.

Also: there isn't enough thread left for a secure tightening of the nylocks I use.

Do other Graupner users have the same problem?
DutchVince is offline Find More Posts by DutchVince
Last edited by DutchVince; Feb 23, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:02 AM
USA, NJ, Egg Harbor Township
Joined Feb 2007
357 Posts
DJI... Please change the color of the forward props!!

DJI.... Can you please change the color of the forward props? It makes it much easier to see direction on a sunny day. Red would be nice. I wonder if I could dye the white props?
Joe C
flyboy1000 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy1000
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:23 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Jan 2007
39 Posts
DutchVince:

Don't fly your phantom until you've reamed the props with a proper prop reamer to fit flush on the motors. You've only partially reamed them. You will have to use a spacer washer either under the prop or between the prop and the nut to get sufficient torque because the Graupners are thinner than the DJI props.

For the nyloc function of the nuts in your photo to operate as designed, at least one thread should be visible though the top of the nylon. This type of nut has been used in the aircraft industry since WWII.

What size and pitch Graupners are you using?
keithm is offline Find More Posts by keithm
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithm View Post
DutchVince:

Don't fly your phantom until you've reamed the props with a proper prop reamer to fit flush on the motors. You've only partially reamed them. You will have to use a spacer washer either under the prop or between the prop and the nut to get sufficient torque because the Graupners are thinner than the DJI props.

For the nyloc function of the nuts in your photo to operate as designed, at least one thread should be visible though the top of the nylon. This type of nut has been used in the aircraft industry since WWII.

You can get some zingers from Gary. They are wood so you can use locktight on the stock nuts.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:36 AM
DJI Phantom pilot
Joined Jan 2013
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithm View Post
DutchVince:

Thanks Keith!

They are 8"/5" props.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:55 AM
USA, NJ, Egg Harbor Township
Joined Feb 2007
357 Posts
Props

There is a reason the standard props are so flimsy. A prop strike on a wood prop will probably bend the motor shaft. Has anyone tries APC thin electric props? They are very good.
flyboy1000 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy1000
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:58 AM
DJI Phantom pilot
Joined Jan 2013
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
You can get some zingers from Gary. They are wood so you can use locktight on the stock nuts.
Thanks, but I'll first try these since I already have them
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:13 AM
Joined Dec 2002
663 Posts
modify non Phantom Props

As we all know that the Phantom stock prop is keyed to fit the motor shaft as seen above. This is the key benefit while you screw down the prop nut, you simply hold on to the prop but for the non Phantom prop like Graupner below the hole is round and when I screw down the nut I almost always have trouble holding to the motor can. Further more with the Phantom prop, even if the nut comes loose a full turn the prop will still lock in the position. With non Phantom prop, even a 1/4 turn back out on the nut, the prop will become loose and if this happen in flight you will crash! This just happened to me yesterday but I was lucky because it happened while I was just about to take off.

So I decided to modify the non Phantom prop with round hole in the hub to have "key" so that it will lock in position and will not become loose if the nut back out. The process is very simple, I just used the brush on super glue and apply thin layer to the 2 opposite surfaces inside the hole. I found out that one application is enough unless you apply too thin. I also filed flat on the glue as seen below:

Note that the flat part does NOT run all the way (see picture below), so you must apply the glue only to the top 80% or so on the top inside surfaces otherwise the prop will not go all the way down. But even you over do that, you just simply use a hobby knife to scrape the excess off. Test fit and you may have to file down a little.

Now I can screw down the nut for the non Phantom prop without fighting to hold on to the motor can. Oh and I don't have to worry if the nut comes loose the prop will disengage.
Happy flying.
tanasit is offline Find More Posts by tanasit
Last edited by tanasit; Feb 23, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Nov 2012
80 Posts
When I turn my phantom it slides to the side. Is this normal? I'm used to my heli just basically rotating on the cg and was wondering if maybe I need to change my gains. Sorry for the noob question.
Thumb Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Thumb Blisters
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:30 AM
Joined Dec 2002
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayXD View Post
Nobody out there who could help with High quality Phantom Images?

Would Print a "Sticker" for my Nanunk 940 Phantom Transport case...
It's easier to explain (TSA) whats inside the case and also looks better than standard black or grey...

it means things like that...

any ideas, sugesstions?

thx in advance. [a]
email sent with info.
tanasit is offline Find More Posts by tanasit