HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:58 PM
Germany, HE, Liederbach am Taunus
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanasit View Post

what kind of image you use? you printed a sticker to put them in the case?

i'am looking for HQ pictures of the phantom like them from the original carton-work to print a "big" sticker for my case...

can anybody help? send me a message.

regards and a great flytime_weekend!

[a]
ReplayXD is offline Find More Posts by ReplayXD
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:59 PM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
I hope someone can help with my Phantom which arrived today. When I switch it on I'm getting green, red, red, yellow, yellow, yellow lights for about 2 minutes and then just a slow green. The manual says it should be something like green yellow red restored a couple of times and then four greens.

Does anyone know why I'm getting these lights?
Photo Simon is offline Find More Posts by Photo Simon
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:07 PM
Joined Jan 2013
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo Simon View Post
I hope someone can help with my Phantom which arrived today. When I switch it on I'm getting green, red, red, yellow, yellow, yellow lights for about 2 minutes and then just a slow green. The manual says it should be something like green yellow red restored a couple of times and then four greens.

Does anyone know why I'm getting these lights?
The slow single green is what you want! It means you are cleared for take off in GPS mode!
Pfreddy is offline Find More Posts by Pfreddy
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:17 PM
DJI Phantom pilot
The Netherlands, GE, Culemborg
Joined Jan 2013
242 Posts
Quote:
I hope someone can help with my Phantom which arrived today. When I switch it on I'm getting green, red, red, yellow, yellow, yellow lights for about 2 minutes and then just a slow green.
Slow green: ready to take off
DutchVince is offline Find More Posts by DutchVince
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:26 PM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
So can I ignore the green red red yellow yellow yellow it runs through when I switch it on?
Photo Simon is offline Find More Posts by Photo Simon
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:29 PM
Joined Nov 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
So can I ignore the green red red yellow yellow yellow it runs through when I switch it on?
No no no. the flashking yellow is the IMU warming up. You NEED to warm up first.
jcmendo01 is offline Find More Posts by jcmendo01
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:38 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Simon, you've paid >700$ for a sophisticated toy.
Why don't you take 15 minutes to watch DJI's videos and another 10 minutes to understand the Quick Start Manual??
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:05 PM
What goes Up must come Down...
United States, CA, Whittier
Joined Feb 2013
4 Posts
My very first POST.... Phantom - Yes or No?

I read a lot of these 200+ pages and I hear a LOT of very GOOD things about the Phantom. I'm a photographer and I would love to shoot GoPro Aerial video or maybe even use another camera like a SONY NEX7 or maybe a Nikon 1. I realize the payload of a Phantom is adequate for a Hero 2 or 3 and these other cameras might slow it down and wear the battery out too fast. With that being said, is the Phantom a good choice for filming with a GoPro?

My main concern is parts available - I see many posts on the subject of the Phantom Parts NOT being Available. Is this TRUE?

OR.........

Should I just step up to the plate and get a DJI S800 or a XPRO-Heli XP2 Quad Copter? I just don't want to get into a $4000 plus dollar nightmare...

Thanks
mictouch is offline Find More Posts by mictouch
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:06 PM
United States, IL, Springfield
Joined Jan 2010
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
simon, you've paid >700$ for a sophisticated toy.
Why don't you take 15 minutes to watch dji's videos and another 10 minutes to understand the quick start manual??
+100
Xymph is offline Find More Posts by Xymph
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:15 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,028 Posts
I Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Simon, you've paid >700$ for a sophisticated toy.
Why don't you take 15 minutes to watch DJI's videos and another 10 minutes to understand the Quick Start Manual??
+100**2
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Merry Christmas 2014!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:42 PM
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Water + electronics. It's a risk I wouldn't take without first protecting all electronics.
The DJI Phantom is really tough! You can fly him even under water:
Diving under water with DJI Phantom and GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition and hunting cyclists (3 min 5 sec)

:-)
I flew him in the snow that was absolutely no problem, but rain is never a good idea!
ArtSteinhauser is offline Find More Posts by ArtSteinhauser
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:43 PM
United States, IL, Springfield
Joined Jan 2010
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mictouch View Post
I read a lot of these 200+ pages and I hear a LOT of very GOOD things about the Phantom. I'm a photographer and I would love to shoot GoPro Aerial video or maybe even use another camera like a SONY NEX7 or maybe a Nikon 1. I realize the payload of a Phantom is adequate for a Hero 2 or 3 and these other cameras might slow it down and wear the battery out too fast. With that being said, is the Phantom a good choice for filming with a GoPro?

My main concern is parts available - I see many posts on the subject of the Phantom Parts NOT being Available. Is this TRUE?

OR.........

Should I just step up to the plate and get a DJI S800 or a XPRO-Heli XP2 Quad Copter? I just don't want to get into a $4000 plus dollar nightmare...

Thanks
The Phantom is the gateway drug of multicopters

It's a great starter to get you hooked, but it has a lot of limitations as far as load capacity for video goes.

-X
Xymph is offline Find More Posts by Xymph
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:47 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Folks, this looks like a good bargain for a Phantom case:
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/?prod...ntom-toughcase
Not a Peli though but who cares? :-)
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:18 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2013
98 Posts
Quote:

OR.........

Thanks
In my opinion, if you're professional grade, you might want a copter that can stay up longer (battery life), and support more weight (for higher end optics). The s800 seems to be the "go to" big dog with tons of support.
hellaskan is offline Find More Posts by hellaskan
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:28 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,028 Posts
DJI Product Line

Quote:

OR.........

Thanks
There's stuff between a Phantom and an S800.
You don't have to invest $4000+ to carry the heavier cameras aloft.
Check out DJI's website and the Naza FC and Naza GPS threads on RCG...

If you are only interested in RTF, and a GoPro is as much as you desire to fly, the Phantom is a very good choice.
The parts availability will eventually get better.
The popularity of the Phantom has really stirred things up...
Phantom's tough.
You're going to have to be very careless, try to break it, or modify to the flying pig category to require replacement parts.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Merry Christmas 2014!