Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:23 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Hudson View Post
I LOVE where you live. Have you ever hiked up at the turnout at Loveland Pass and shot anything there? It would be an interesting perspective if the wind was not too crazy there but not so sure about lift. Last time I was out (I am a lowlander) hiking was a task
I have driven it when it is open but my hiking days are over.. The winds are always too strong for most RC copters. I want to find a wind-break up there sometime just to see what the prop lift is like. Loveland Pass is right at 12,000' ASL. There isn't much air density at that elevation
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:41 PM
Joined Jan 2013
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey98four View Post
Thanks mate pleased you like my videos.
That linked to my videos as well.
FITandFUEL is offline Find More Posts by FITandFUEL
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FITandFUEL View Post
That linked to my videos as well.
LOL ... he has set it up to link back to your own.... well done,...
Stevo42 is offline Find More Posts by Stevo42
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:32 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
I was waiting to see the gimble option for it and that is way too heavy for my flying .I have to keep my RC birds as light as possible here. Every gram hurts which is why I asked if there was going to be a CF option.

With electric you don't lose power with altitude like gas/nitro. Just make sure you prop accordingly.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:38 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
DJI... This is BULL CRAP that you still have not supplied your re-sellers with Phantom parts yet. If you call a supplier they will tell you that DJI has not given them any lead times.... Seriously?

I'm surprised people have not started to part out new units just to get parts in the market place like they did when TRAXXAS was having shortage issues.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
106 Posts
Quote:
DJI... This is BULL CRAP that you still have not supplied your re-sellers with Phantom parts yet. If you call a supplier they will tell you that DJI has not given them any lead times.... Seriously?

I'm surprised people have not started to part out new units just to get parts in the market place like they did when TRAXXAS was having shortage issues.
Colin Guinn (President of North America DJI) frequents this forum. Would you care to respond Colin?
cargasm is offline Find More Posts by cargasm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:03 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,502 Posts
Chinese New Year

It was officially yesterday, Feb 10, 2013.
China will celebrate from Feb 9th until 12th (Wikipedia).
Last year it seemed like Hobby King orders were delayed two weeks...
DJI parts progress may be similar.
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: "In Stock"
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:09 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
It was officially yesterday, Feb 10, 2013.
China will celebrate from Feb 9th until 12th (Wikipedia).
Last year it seemed like Hobby King orders were delayed two weeks...
DJI parts progress may be similar.
Yeah... I ordered an FPV 7" outdoor monitor for my ground station and will be waiting for them to get back before that ships
Last edited by HGT; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Century where I purchased the Phantom from originally and has always returned phone calls promptly including today has changed my parts order to a 450 kit so I will have several IMPOSSIBLE TO PURCHASE phantom parts... Motors, ESC's, receiver and transmitter if anyone is interested
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:28 PM
Joined Dec 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Century where I purchased the Phantom from originally and has always returned phone calls promptly including today has changed my parts order to a 450 kit so I will have several IMPOSSIBLE TO PURCHASE phantom parts... Motors, ESC's, receiver and transmitter if anyone is interested
High gain, I know there is a bloke who's Phantom became a submarine so he may be interested. He's on the Phantom FB page, so I send him the link of this to him.
Stevo42 is offline Find More Posts by Stevo42
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:31 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Thanks Steveo...
I will wait until tomorrow to put the parts on e-bay.
Last edited by HGT; Feb 11, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:02 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Steveo...
I will wait until tomorrow to put the parts on e-bay.
Why Ebay? Seems like you could easily unload them here without having to pay the pesky fees.
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:20 PM
Joined Jan 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
I will scan the GoPro with a spectrum analyzer but there should be NO interference issues in using the GoPro wifi with the phantom.

1 They operate off of a different spectrum
2. The Phantom will move automatically to an interference free channel

Now if this was an AR Drone operating off of 2 fixed 2.4GHz channels, yes, you will have issues.
I always fly with my go pro wifi on. I usually start recording just before take off, and stop after landing tho. I did use it to trigger some stills from about 100' out once and have never had a problem. Maybe I've just been lucky but I don't think they interfere with each other in any way based on my experience of about 20 flights with it on so far!
Pfreddy is offline Find More Posts by Pfreddy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Okay, the isolation mounts are up here: http://tppacks.com/store/index.php?r...&product_id=51 There is an option for a set of 8" wooden Zingers, pre-reamed to 8mm and balanced.

-- Gary
I see this is already out of stock! When are you expecting more in? Sent you an inquiry email yesterday but no response yet, so I thought I would ask here? I have the money burning a hole in my pocket!
Pfreddy is offline Find More Posts by Pfreddy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:59 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,083 Posts
isolation mount should be available again on wednesday. I just shipped another batch to gary . first batch sold out in less than a day.
askman is online now Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member