HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:21 PM
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Just a thought, the camera on the wire isolation mount would also reduce the contact audio. Like using the old cup on the door to hear people in the room. Turn on your GoPro and place it on your dryer, will be very loud.
Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Anyone got one of these to confirm how effective it is? Something else changed between the two halves of the 'before' and 'after' video as the sound of the motors was quite different. Could he also have balanced the props?
treymc7 is offline Find More Posts by treymc7
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:30 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Hi Guys,
The folks in Oregon State can use your help .....

http://www.change.org/petitions/oreg...v-communities#
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:04 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargasm View Post
I posted this a day or so ago, but never got any response.
CarGasm, repeat the flight at high-noon that is the benchmark for jello test. flight around sunset time is pretty much like flying with a ND filter. ;-)

Im not saying you have not perfected the setup, only that a bunch of people have done the same and flown clean flights at the time of the day you are flying in that particular video, and gotten clean video, only to have jello in bright daylight.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:12 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
560 Posts
In post #2868 I saw a decent quality version of 2.7k with no jello simply by switching to Graupners. Now I am interested in seeing the same flight at noon. I am getting my H3B tomorrow and hope to get some test flights in ASAP. It has been so cold here and I hate flying with gloves. I need a transmitter mitt bad
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:46 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,329 Posts
Thinking out loud.

Tried some too small tri blade props. 7x4
It do not work..! so don't try.

But.. they have very little angle to the air and spin fast and smooth. I touched the phantom to get a feeling for the smoothness compared to how it normally feels while flying. incredible smooth.

Learned one more thing I have not given enough though to so far, control moves cause a lot of vibration in the phantom, flying the small props made it very clear to feel the effect of control moves, when pushing on the landing gear the props on one side would counter, everytime there is a minute change in prop speed, each change cause a brief vibration in the rig as motors change speed, which could easily explain why I repeatedly have seen clear video and then suddenly a brief flash of jello.

Either way. these did not work and I ordered some bigger ones for kicks.

OH.. did not work, as in, they are too small, and the phantom barely climb with them.. other than that, it flew remarkable well and smooth, and the sound was something completely different too.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:09 AM
Finland
Joined Apr 2011
68 Posts
I flew, crashed and i flew again after the crash just fine but i had a 30 min break and went out again and now one of the motors will not start... Keeps making sort of beeping noises and twitches a lot Can someone explain me what the issue might be??
transam is offline Find More Posts by transam
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:47 AM
Joined Nov 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Hudson View Post
They are 2200 mAh batteries and are rated at 20C so.........
Thank you. That almost helps
Thumb Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Thumb Blisters
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:38 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Hudson View Post
In post #2868 I saw a decent quality version of 2.7k with no jello simply by switching to Graupners. Now I am interested in seeing the same flight at noon. I am getting my H3B tomorrow and hope to get some test flights in ASAP. It has been so cold here and I hate flying with gloves. I need a transmitter mitt bad
It was 75 degrees in Dallas, TX yesterday. And only a light breeze.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:45 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
I think that if you balanced your props properly and then mounted your motors on these dampers. Scroll on down to see the motor mount.
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...7eb3fd304cdbda

And then mounted your camera using a combination of blue and green dampers, you'd be rid of jello. And, they certainly are not that expensive.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:50 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,966 Posts
Mounting motors on dampeners has pros and cons. You can end up introducing oscillations as the motors flex and angle and the flight controller then tries to correct. Most of what I have heard on this seems to state it really doesn't offer much advantage.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Mounting motors on dampeners has pros and cons. You can end up introducing oscillations as the motors flex and angle and the flight controller then tries to correct. Most of what I have heard on this seems to state it really doesn't offer much advantage.
Honestly, I never thought about oscillations or the flex & angle. I guess that would depend mostly on the hardness of the damper and if you were truly wanting to use the Phantom for camera work. It's just a thought. I've been keeping up with the Phantom and jello seems to be a big problem so I thought I'd throw my ideas in there.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:12 AM
Joined Dec 2002
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
I love the sorbothane, I use the 1/2 inch thick stuff, and cut squares 10x10mm out of it. but use the gell superglue which sticks it permanently, i find it tear before peeling back off, however I do not stick it directly with glue to the phantom but have board under it which I then attach to the phantom with the attach screws.
Did you also isolate the vibration from the screw to the base by using the grommet?
I found that the receiver rubber grommet is too thin and too hard once compressed.
tanasit is offline Find More Posts by tanasit
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:17 AM
Joined Dec 2002
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Tell me about it ... I have at least 8 hexa and quads, including S-800 and one F330; the Phantom has the most airtime. Get a F330 and be creative with it.
Where did you get those sweet yellow props.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:29 AM
Joined Dec 2002
663 Posts
Well I have read how the prop nuts came loose from so many members but I haven't yet face once. This is perhaps I change and try different props all the time so a set of props won't get many flight before the new set comes in. As for the Phantom, the stock prop has a "key" to lock on to the motor shaft so you can hold on to the prop while tightening the prop down. However with other props the hole is round and you have to hold on to the motor can to tighten the nut. For some reason, some props I can screw down the nut until it stop at the pressure I want but others I just can't hold the can in place and it was at the point where I think it will not be tight enough. I then bought some 6mm lock nut that has the nylon insert and this time I can't even tighten the nut past the nylon insert because the motor can start to turn with the wrench. I do not want to damage the can by holding it in place with a pair of pliers or ??? The strap rubber wrench is too wide.
How do you guy go about this?
Thanks,

PS. I don't have this problem with my other multi-rotor because the motors are more exposed than the Phantom's.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:00 AM
Joined Jan 2013
413 Posts
I just use a regular nut and able some new loctite from time-to-time, has worked great so far. I did have one of the original prop nut come off after a tip over while landing, I've been using it since then.
FITandFUEL is offline Find More Posts by FITandFUEL
Last edited by FITandFUEL; Feb 07, 2013 at 08:09 AM.