HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:27 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
This will be a Ready Set, not need of soldering what so ever. Plug and play... out of the box. For many, building a f450 is hard without the help of someone else.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:36 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex junky View Post
hexa... sounds like you're worried it might affect your business!!, maybe you can get a copy!

Gopro Zenmuse...I don't think so! Just a mount for a Gopro
I kinda like it,
weather proof and all.
May need 2 a white one for day jobs white will blend in with the clouds nicely and a black one for night jobs. Double O 7 espionage style.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:30 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,803 Posts
I don't think that it is weather proof but that remains to be seen. This is 330 size not 450 so the same size as the F330. Fixed GoPro mount, lipo and charger included along with a 2.4gHz Tx with two three position switches for mode and ioc. I am not sure how they plan on triggering RTH other than turning off the Tx, never a wise choice. I have been helping with the Naza and Naza with GPS threads for a long time now. For many of those users this will be the solution to their problems. Soldering, set up, tx issues, all gone. I am looking forward to it. It could be a perfect travel multi for more experienced users. Backpack and go.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:44 AM
UK, Basingstoke and Deane, Tadley
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Hi Guys,

Not got a firm price on these DJI Phantom Frames just yet from DJI, however I did get an email this morning with some details and some photots. I'm adding the info on the web right now here:

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/D...hantom-rtf.htm

Looks like it will be a great little fun flyer for a new "flyer" coming into the hobby, I think this is where DJI is pitching the Phantom.

Regards

Martin.
martint_1976 is offline Find More Posts by martint_1976
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:05 AM
Joined Feb 2008
144 Posts
Well,
arenīt there so many "instant benefitters" who are not able nor willing to built up a system, looking up which battery, which tx, which rx etc.
we all do not know anything about pricing, yet.
i am a little disappointed not to see a working gimbal stab on this..., but well, nobody aks us a distributors :-)
as every medal has two sites, those instant benefitters are customers who basically do not have any expenrience in building models, in flying, so lot of more risky business..
well, we will have to sit and wait..
armin
www.mamo-models.com
MAMOARMIN is offline Find More Posts by MAMOARMIN
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:26 PM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
DJI Phantom Quadcopter

DJI Phantom
I was fortunate enough to see the video before it went to private , I can only assume DJI has requested this to be kept private until its actually released.
It appears that Quadcopters Uk have been appointed as testers for the phantom for the UK market and from the video the Phantom looks like a great quadcopter and appeared to fly very well and stable and the led lighting looks like a really nice touch.
Quadcopters Uk have more info about the Dji Phantom here on there site http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom...pter-570-p.asp it does say pricing is not yet fully confirmed but there is a guide price listed and it appears to come with everything inc a fixed gopro mount.
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Any bets on the gopro zen here? :P has an upgrade?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball View Post
DJI Phantom
I was fortunate enough to see the video before it went to private , I can only assume DJI has requested this to be kept private until its actually released.
It appears that Quadcopters Uk have been appointed as testers for the phantom for the UK market and from the video the Phantom looks like a great quadcopter and appeared to fly very well and stable and the led lighting looks like a really nice touch.
Quadcopters Uk have more info about the Dji Phantom here on there site http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom...pter-570-p.asp it does say pricing is not yet fully confirmed but there is a guide price listed and it appears to come with everything inc a fixed gopro mount.
QuadCopters are not the only people that have the systems to test eyeball, there are other dealers that do testing for DJI, in the UK, I don't talk about any of the products I test for a larger number of companies I see the information there is just the same as every other store on the web....... apart from an unconfirmed price.

Here is a video to watch if you would like to see one in action:

http://www.kvue.com/news/Austin-comp...179712031.html

Watch the S800, then about 1:10 onward you might just see a "Phantom" drone, don't blink to much

Regards

Martin

Build Your Own Drone
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMOARMIN View Post
Well,
arenīt there so many "instant benefitters" who are not able nor willing to built up a system, looking up which battery, which tx, which rx etc.
we all do not know anything about pricing, yet.
i am a little disappointed not to see a working gimbal stab on this..., but well, nobody aks us a distributors :-)
as every medal has two sites, those instant benefitters are customers who basically do not have any expenrience in building models, in flying, so lot of more risky business..
well, we will have to sit and wait..
armin
www.mamo-models.com
Hi Armin, I know what you mean, I come from a building background, and I don't just mean the plane or the copter, I have build AutoPilots and Copter Flight controllers from the parts & code, not just pluggin in a set of cables like the Naza or WKM systems, this was real building!

I'm sure that DJI have seen the shift in people looking for the more RTF kits, and have delivered these kits for the customers that want them RTF. I don't want to go to far of topic here as this is a Phantom thread, however I really hope that people enjoy these, the Naza and the Phantom should make a lot of people really happy!

Regards

Martin
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
Semich...I'll bet, because I know the answer..the Phantom will not take that kind of weight. It's a small 330mm Quad
hex junky is offline Find More Posts by hex junky
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:02 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,086 Posts
A Bit More Detail on the Phantom

http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom...pter-570-p.asp
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex junky View Post
Semich...I'll bet, because I know the answer..the Phantom will not take that kind of weight. It's a small 330mm Quad
You are probably right, but I heard something else
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:20 AM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
The video is Viewable now.
We will be posting more videos up later , and maybe some air to air shots
A higher def version is also uploaded.
Dji Phantom Quadcopter 1st Test Flight (6 min 15 sec)
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:24 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
thank you!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, FL, Miami Beach
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Manufacturers should start making better looking frames. The tube designs are everywhere and they are boring. It's time to take Multirotors to another level.
dc9guy is offline Find More Posts by dc9guy