HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,763 Posts
Best Footage I've seen yet as far as jello is concerned:

DJI Phantom RTF w. GoPro HERO3 - Onboard video (2 min 36 sec)
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
ec130
So.Cali usa
Joined Mar 2009
303 Posts
I really like that video look nice an I really like the white quadcopter an remote I just hope it's flys good as the same size as a 450 size quadcopter an hope it can handle the wind like a 450 size or any other quadcopter that has the naza & GPS on! So does this one have the GPS on it if so put it in a room with fans blowing on it on high to see much much it can handle an keep itself in postion test this thing out! I hope they will make upgrades parts as 450 size body an maybe thins for longer range! It said 300m so that 989ft so I think that good for fpv I wish they can have s upgrade that it will double the range later an hopes maybe they can make a 450size body the same but a 450 size an case we want to change it! Can u take it apart so we can see the inside !
Ec130b4 is offline Find More Posts by Ec130b4
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:29 PM
ec130
So.Cali usa
Joined Mar 2009
303 Posts
This this mine I use a dx6i I was thinking of outing the naza & GPS on it but ones I saw the dji quadcopter I though that one will fly better sent it already done an come with it own built in remote Name: image.jpg
Views: 155
Size: 216.2 KB
Description:
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:32 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
I can see SOME jello in this video. For an RTF quad, that's pretty damn good I must say. You'll see more of it in FFF, but I'm sure this will please anyone who takes the first step into the hobby with this thing.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:13 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,763 Posts
I see it too at times, and there seems to be a little light post.

However, once Gary comes out with his GoPro and RX100 mount, it should improve.
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:38 AM
ec130
So.Cali usa
Joined Mar 2009
303 Posts
I was wondering if the dji phanton can handle the same wind as a 450 size quadcopter it's has the same motors of a 450 size?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:28 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,818 Posts
Yup agree,
Note some of the footage with a lot of jello we have seen is Hero2 footage, the Hero2 jello-ed more than the 1 and the new Hero3 is far more resistent to jello than either the previous cameras. ;-)
in addition, this was probably shot in Norway, sun is low, but having lived there, the light levels is really low, compared to SoCal light... meaning longer shutterspeed = less jello.

Forget the stock Hero mount and stick a regular GoPro clip under 10mm of sorbothane and chances are Jello will be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
Best Footage I've seen yet as far as jello is concerned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjH1rOvbHY
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:51 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Jan 2007
39 Posts
Per the DJI web site, the Phantom was officially released today, December 12, 2012
keithm is offline Find More Posts by keithm
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,143 Posts
Time to get your pre-order in if you did not already-> http://rc-drones.com/dji-phantom.php
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:01 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,234 Posts
Guys, can we fit in larger battery in the battery compartment for longer flights?
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:06 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,223 Posts
The dimensions of the battery compartment have been posted. I don't think that is much larger than 3S 2200mAh will be possible. I have had difficulty stuffing the leads in the lipo port even with 2200 lipos.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:19 AM
Always Excel >>>
United States
Joined Mar 2012
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
The dimensions of the battery compartment have been posted. I don't think that is much larger than 3S 2200mAh will be possible. I have had difficulty stuffing the leads in the lipo port even with 2200 lipos.
Thanks Ed;
BenHayat is offline Find More Posts by BenHayat
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:24 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Joined Jan 2008
2,818 Posts
Guessing it is only a matter of time before somebody stick a battery strap under then belly of the Phantom. ;-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:29 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Yup agree,
Note some of the footage with a lot of jello we have seen is Hero2 footage, the Hero2 jello-ed more than the 1 and the new Hero3 is far more resistent to jello than either the previous cameras. ;-)
in addition, this was probably shot in Norway, sun is low, but having lived there, the light levels is really low, compared to SoCal light... meaning longer shutterspeed = less jello.

Forget the stock Hero mount and stick a regular GoPro clip under 10mm of sorbothane and chances are Jello will be gone.
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with the notion that the Hero3 is "more resistant" to jello. In my experience, the exact opposite is true. Actually, it is the H3B's 2.7k/30p mode that I find particularly susceptible. I've spent the better part of three days trying different combinations of isolation, but it is hard to eliminate it completely. BTW, just sticking a bit of Sorbathane in between doesn't really do that much because you aren't really isolating the vibrations. You still have the mechanical connection between the adapter plate and the fuselage/case.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:39 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Joined Jan 2008
2,818 Posts
Gary,

I was only speaking out of my own experience, flying hard-mounted on the Y6 i got less jello from the hero3 than the hero2. I have not compared to the old 1. and it would take a lot more experimenting than what I have done to conclusive determine one or another trend. still Im "feeling" that I see less jello with the Hero3 than I used to with version 2.

Did not mean sticking a sorbothane pillow in the camera mount. but maybe more something like cut a 2xx3 inch slab of 10mm sorb big enough to double side tape to the hull and stick a GoPro mount shoe on the other side. that worked surprisingly well on my Y6 with raggedy props.

Not claiming to be the expert, just reflecting on what seemed to work for me.
Sorry, did not mean to go off-topic, looking forward to getting my Phantom and see how it works in real life.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bo Lorentzen; Dec 13, 2012 at 02:53 AM.