When will this evil wind die down???
Same thing in New Jersey , 60 mph gust.
mori55 is offline Find More Posts by mori55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:18 PM
United States, NC, Kure Beach
Joined Dec 1996
185 Posts
damn hobbyking site seems to be down, as it has been for the past 10 hrs. anyone know what's going on? or is it just me?
floete is offline Find More Posts by floete
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:21 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floete View Post
damn hobbyking site seems to be down, as it has been for the past 10 hrs. anyone know what's going on? or is it just me?
Works fine here.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:24 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,736 Posts
It was out for a long time this morning.

Just came back up.
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:35 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,542 Posts
HK Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikbm View Post
Just got 3 of them All connectors fit
btw. I guess, most of you know already.... chose a product at HK and open a new tab in your browser. Then, after a while, go back to the HK site. It will offer you the product for a dollar less or so
This used to get you a little better pricing as well.
All you do is register to become a "Platinum Member"
HK is so unpredictable, you never know...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tx POI
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:36 PM
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
Sheffield, S. Yorks, UK
Joined May 2007
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
£35.10 inc postage and VAT, should fit the 450 as well (if you take the props off!!)
Got mine today from CPC, very well packaged, comes complete with foam (the bits with the small squares you cut out) in the bottom and the lid

Only bad news is its too small for my 450, looks like I will need to buy a phantom
mallettron is offline Find More Posts by mallettron
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:22 PM
Joined Nov 2012
48 Posts
What are the best programs for video stabilization and editing for PC? Any recommendations?
sampdoria is offline Find More Posts by sampdoria
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:25 PM
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2012
791 Posts
Hobbyking sites been down on and off for over 14 hours, kinda annoying. I been wanting to buy batteries there.
Bravia3D is online now Find More Posts by Bravia3D
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
Can we get a list of all available gimbles for the phantom on one page? Here or on the other thread for mods? Aparently the X-Gimble is not available for sale yet.
If you guys want PM all the links and I can put that info on the first page of the mod thread. That should be easier for you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
Sorry
transmitter and receiver from dji
if they are compatible with other board
apm 2.5 or other
I don't see why the DJI radio system will not work with other boards. You might have issues with the multiwii boards because you can't adjust endpoints. The back of the DJI tx has 2 holes that looks like you can adjust something but only DJI can answer exactly what it does and how to adjust it. As long as your using the DJI transmitter and receive it should function just like any radio systems.
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
United Kingdom, England, Birkenhead
Joined Dec 2012
107 Posts
Wheels_UK is offline Find More Posts by Wheels_UK
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:29 PM
Joined Jan 2013
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdoria View Post
What are the best programs for video stabilization and editing for PC? Any recommendations?
Mercalli v2 (expensive) is one. Another program is called VirtualDub (free) with the "Deshaker" plugin. I haven't had luck with either of them though. Your best best is to spend the time, balance the props, use some sort of isolation between the Phantom and Go Pro to get jello-free results.

Moongel is cheap and can be bought at music stores for like $7. Put this between the frame and go pro mount. Also put it between the frame of the go pro holder and the camera. If you have a Go Pro 3, use 1080p/60 fps. If you have a Go Pro 2, use 720p/60 fps. Once you have jello-free video, then and only then worry about adding a gimbal mount or FPV equipment. A few pages back someone mentioned a lens filter for the Go Pro 3 that helped quite a bit.

Between all of these methods you should be at your desired results or quite close to it.
cargasm is offline Find More Posts by cargasm
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:45 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikbm View Post
Just got 3 of them All connectors fit

btw. I guess, most of you know already.... chose a product at HK and open a new tab in your browser. Then, after a while, go back to the HK site. It will offer you the product for a dollar less or so
I have been pretty happy with mine but now their flight time is getting less than the OEM
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:22 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargasm View Post
Mercalli v2 (expensive) is one. Another program is called VirtualDub (free) with the "Deshaker" plugin. I haven't had luck with either of them though. Your best best is to spend the time, balance the props, use some sort of isolation between the Phantom and Go Pro to get jello-free results.
+1. the biggest issue with stabilizers, the fisheye image of the GoPro will cause a warping when stabilizing it, so to get perfect results, first it have to be de-fished to have straight lines along the edge. then you can stabilize with "pretty good" results.

However, defishing+stabilizing is loosing a lot of image quality. nothing beats shooting stable video in the first place in terms of clean detail rich video quality.
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
+1. However, defishing+stabilizing is loosing a lot of image quality. nothing beats shooting stable video in the first place in terms of clean detail rich video quality.
Bo and anyone else who would know:

What is exactly going on inside a Hero3 Black in terms of the rules for how it determines aperture and shutter speed? I would love it if someone did a hack so you could run it manually and control the output without resorting to ND filters to trick into running a slower framerate. I think I read the lens is a F2.8? Is it fixed?
kazkioken is offline Find More Posts by kazkioken
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:15 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkioken View Post
Bo and anyone else who would know:

What is exactly going on inside a Hero3 Black in terms of the rules for how it determines aperture and shutter speed? I would love it if someone did a hack so you could run it manually and control the output without resorting to ND filters to trick into running a slower framerate. I think I read the lens is a F2.8? Is it fixed?
@Kaz - not sure.. but seems like shutterspeed preference (IF there is a aperture) I suspect there is no f.stop and it simply change maybe shutterspeeds maybe in 5 values.. and balance the rest by hopping the gains.. that is why its jello free at night, because it slows the shutter as much as possible before going to the high gains.

Im surprised there is not a manual lock option at least in the iPhone app to setup the camera. would be perfectly logical now that we can look through the camera almost live. we could set a exposure, and as a option chose our gain, even if that mean getting dark shots - after all that might be what we want.
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member