HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
413 Posts
and why is that guy balancing his motor shirtless? Does that make it easier?
FITandFUEL is offline Find More Posts by FITandFUEL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:54 PM
Joined Dec 2012
139 Posts
Pelican 1610 case for Phantom

Yes...I know its big, but I wanted something deep enough to hold the quad without putting pressure on the props, and hold all my stuff. The pluck n pull foam worked out great, and thankfully, the case has wheels and a handle. I also found a neat vinyl graphic to use the case top as a landing pad. In addition to the Phantom and transmitter, the case holds 6 lipos, lipo charger and cords, 4 spare props, 4 spare AA batteries for the tx, a Futaba battery checker, Gopro 3 Black in case with 2 spare batteries, charger and remote, and a box with small parts, SD cards etc.
30sbound is offline Find More Posts by 30sbound
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:54 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,000 Posts
Pajonate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FITandFUEL View Post
and why is that guy balancing his motor shirtless? Does that make it easier?
Pajonate's another regular poster over on the Naza FC and Naza GPS threads.
He contributes a good bit.
Maybe he's a nudist.
I've never thought to ask him...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:56 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30sbound View Post
Yes...I know its big, but I wanted something deep enough to hold the quad without putting pressure on the props, and hold all my stuff. The pluck n pull foam worked out great, and thankfully, the case has wheels and a handle. I also found a neat vinyl graphic to use the case top as a landing pad. In addition to the Phantom and transmitter, the case holds 6 lipos, lipo charger and cords, 4 spare props, 4 spare AA batteries for the tx, a Futaba battery checker, Gopro 3 Black in case with 2 spare batteries, charger and remote, and a box with small parts, SD cards etc.
Very nicely done.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
44 Posts
Quote:
Damn!
Kcraig99 is offline Find More Posts by Kcraig99
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:34 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,432 Posts
Quote:

Nice setup, which case is it?
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:43 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
5,000 Posts
Lipos

I see many of you newcomers investing in additional lipos for your Phantom.
It's really convenient to have several batteries charged up ready to fly when you go out.
That's what I do.
The cases you're coming up with are also really nice.
While the DJI pamphlet is a good start for your lipo and lipo charging experience, please take the time to learn more about your batteries.

Most of us that have been using lipos for several years store and transport our batteries in a separate container of some kind.

I'm not going to into lengthy explanations, so just take a few minutes to find a little more about what powers your Phantom.
That information is a quick search away on RCG...
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
I think a video is in order...
Here is my video, scene opens looking at the Phantom Quick Start Manual, as the operator scrolls down to page 15, he goes to the file tab, selects print, then print current page. With amazement, a color print appears from his printer.

Just joking a little. This is actually what I did. DJI has expanded the communication data available through the LED. So much date, and so much new that it will take a cheat sheet until I get used to it.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:09 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
5,000 Posts
Me Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Here is my video, scene opens looking at the Phantom Quick Start Manual, as the operator scrolls down to page 15, he goes to the file tab, selects print, then print current page. With amazement, a color print appears from his printer.

Just joking a little. This is actually what I did. DJI has expanded the communication data available through the LED. So much date, and so much new that it will take a cheat sheet until I get used to it.
That's what I had to do!
I've got the damn thing laminated...
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
139 Posts
That's the Pelican 1610....ordered it thru B&H photo. Built like a tank and unconditional lifetime warranty. Overkill? Yes...yes it is!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:55 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
That's how I did my motor balancing. Real easy to do...did it while watching TV...seems to have worked well.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:22 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,622 Posts
Should you balance your motors with the props attached?

Obviously safety first and all that but right now I'm balancing everything separately and was wondering if this was a more efficient and effective way?

-Mike
Stone1295 is offline Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:07 AM
Joined Dec 2012
139 Posts
Motor balancing

How important is motor balancing, and quick poll, how many Phantom owners have/expect to balance motors?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:32 AM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,622 Posts
Not sure. I just ordered my Phantom today so I'm not sure how well set up it is out of the box. Mostly I was wondering for my other RC aircraft.

-Mike
Stone1295 is offline Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
I did not ballance props or motors, vid with gopro in morning sun is very good. Even heading into the wind.
Makes me want to ballance everything to see how much better it will be.
Comparing this to a Sony vid on a 650 quad the phantom with gopro is way better.
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530