HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2013, 07:52 AM
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Lysekil
Joined Sep 2009
95 Posts
First I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravia3D View Post
My Phantom flew away today into a crowded nudist colony and got stuck in a fat mans butt crack. Let's argue over this a few threads.
And then this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
8x4.5" prop with 8.0mm hole.
Yes I have a dirty mind, but it made me laugh out loud
nestergaard is offline Find More Posts by nestergaard
Last edited by nestergaard; Sep 26, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2013, 07:55 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2013
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCapture View Post
No, they are just too stupid to do the math on the actual odds of a flyaway hitting a moving target at that distance.
I don't think the issue has anything at all to do with math or the highly remote possibility of a flyaway causing a collision with a plane, or the even less probable chance of anyone deliberately being able to hit a plane with a Phantom.

The issue is purely about the optics of posting such an irresponsible video. The rest of his video is fine. But why include that one particular shot?

There are States and cities in the USA which have passed laws banning UAV flight simply out of the misinformed and ridiculous fear that someone might use one to spy on his neighbours. The media went all hysterical when an Alitalia flight on approach to (La Guardia?) reported seeing a drone.

Nothing happened then, and nothing happened during this Tremblant/Phantom flight. But that certainly wouldn't stop the media and lawmakers (and people on this forum) from putting their own spin on things to start raving about what could have happened, if only...

Bottom line, it's stupid to fly anywhere near an active airport and it's even more stupid to post self-incriminating videos demonstrating evidence of one's stupidity.
Zbip57 is offline Find More Posts by Zbip57
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:13 AM
United Kingdom, Swindon
Joined Sep 2013
10 Posts
Who let the 3yr old retarded kid lose with a deadly flying blender?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
Don't wanna be this pilot.
Check this bad advertising for phantom flyers, at 0:28 (phantom flying too close to airplane path in Canada)

http://vimeo.com/75280932
Jesus... Give him an uzi & a nuklear warhead to play!!!
Wayniac is offline Find More Posts by Wayniac
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:28 AM
United Kingdom, Swindon
Joined Sep 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
My Phantom flew away today into a crowded nudist colony and got stuck in a fat mans butt crack. Let's argue over this a few threads.

I claim his butt was to large causing my Phantom to slam into it. Others will argue it twas my fault. Let the debate begin.
As long as the GoPro footage was of a babe & not his butt... No harm done.
Wayniac is offline Find More Posts by Wayniac
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:49 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,813 Posts
Firmware version?

I've searched and googled and still can't find an answer to this question. When my Phantom arrives, how do I determine what firmware version has been installed at the factory? I've already uploaded NAZA-M Assistant 2.8 software, but have to wait to load the driver when the quad arrives. Will that eventual connect between quad and PC give me the firmware version?
TIA Jim
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:52 AM
Joined Jul 2013
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
I've searched and googled and still can't find an answer to this question. When my Phantom arrives, how do I determine what firmware version has been installed at the factory? I've already uploaded NAZA-M Assistant 2.8 software, but have to wait to load the driver when the quad arrives. Will that eventual connect between quad and PC give me the firmware version?
TIA Jim
Yes - when you tether the Phantom to your computer via USB, the Assistant software will tell you which FW version is present. Nothing to it. If v4 isn't already there, it's a snap to install it - but you'll want to be ready to spend a few minutes calibrating. Which is something you want to learn how to do anyway, so that's a good thing.
IronAgeMedia is offline Find More Posts by IronAgeMedia
Old Sep 26, 2013, 09:05 AM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAgeMedia View Post
Yes - when you tether the Phantom to your computer via USB, the Assistant software will tell you which FW version is present. Nothing to it. If v4 isn't already there, it's a snap to install it - but you'll want to be ready to spend a few minutes calibrating. Which is something you want to learn how to do anyway, so that's a good thing.
THANK YOU sir! I'm learning..................who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Sep 26, 2013, 09:31 AM
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Jul 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepanda View Post
Removed.
Life is too short....
I agree
redrider2 is offline Find More Posts by redrider2
Last edited by redrider2; Sep 26, 2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:12 AM
Joined Sep 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCapture View Post

And yes, large birds are far more of an issue, and they weigh several times more than a Phantom.
But birds don't come with Lithium Polymer batteries. Not sure that makes a difference when a bird or Phantom is sucked into a jet engine.
IBBuk is offline Find More Posts by IBBuk
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,065 Posts

All has been said...
Jumanoc is offline Find More Posts by Jumanoc
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jumanoc; Sep 26, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:27 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:

I claim his butt was to large causing my Phantom to slam into it. Others will argue it twas my fault. Let the debate begin.
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:40 PM
Quadrotor
San Diego
Joined May 2010
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_someguy View Post
For folks that have watched your vids and seen your images for sale it's apparent that you don't worry about violating more than a few FAA regs.
What "images for sale" are you talking about, and what, when and where are these violations of "FAA regs" are you talking about?

Are you familiar with the terms "libel" and "slander"? You might want to look them up before you post accusations about people you've never met. You've put both yourself and rcgroups.com in danger of being sued by posting false accusations.
VCapture is offline Find More Posts by VCapture
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:44 PM
Quadrotor
San Diego
Joined May 2010
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
This was made by small birds, like a loaded phantom:
Nonsense. They were obviously hit by HUGE birds, such as pelicans or geese. Those dents are far larger than any "small bird". Small birds are hit frequently and barely cause any dent at all.

Why do you feel the need to embellish a story to help with your fearmongering?
VCapture is offline Find More Posts by VCapture
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:49 PM
Japan, Fukuoka Prefecture, Fukuoka
Joined Jun 2012
861 Posts
No way birds did that. It is obvious to me they hit Superman.
Bravia3D is offline Find More Posts by Bravia3D
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadHav View Post
There's fish eye with the Mobius as well as the GoPro and I was wondering about a way to fix it. I downloaded the GoPro program but it won't recognize the MOV file container, that's why I asked the question.
GoPro Studio will partially work with videos from many cameras if you convert them into MP4 of some sort. The free Prism Video Converter will allow you to create AVI containers for just about anything you can get the codecs for. I've also used it with .mov files directly from an AEE SD20 (which uses a type of x264) and using the Protune colour profile (even though clearly not recorded in Protune mode) then minor adjustment afterwards and the results were great.

Only thing is: it will not allow you to cut the videos, either before putting them through the Converter to Cineform format, or afterwards. And it will not give you the 'Remove Fish-eye' option. Which - as the AEE SD20 has 2.5hr battery life, and I had lots of 20+ minute videos - were a bit of a handful and generated 25Gb Cineform files. So I chopped some up outside and put them through in smaller chunks just to be able to play with colour, sharpness, zoom, rotate etc. with the keyframes, which are great. Having an apparently Black and White photo fade into colour, then become a video, is really easy to do.

Use VirtualDub with the Debarrel plugin first for a free de-fisheye of any video you can get it to load (almost anything) before passing it through GoPro Studio.
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)