SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:03 AM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
[QUOTE=Bo Lorentzen; ...

Not meaning to be contrary, but pretty sure that box is stock, just with a higher firmware number.[/QUOTE]

I am on the same page now as well. This appears to be a stock Naza. Nice to know. Presumably one could move it to a bigger copter if you wanted?
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:04 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
@Bbechtel AWESOME cool stuff. looks like highway 138 x Fwy 5 :-) Love that spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbechtel View Post
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:06 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
I stand corrected then. ... I had heard (apparently erroneously) that the Phantom Naza was crippled. Since I couldn't adjust the COG I assumed that was the case. Makes sense to me now. ... How can I use the regular Naza Assistant with this one to lower the COG?
The 2.0 Assistant has the mounting tab with GPS offsets. I don't have my Phantom connected to check but are you saying that is disabled when connected?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:06 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Presumably one could move it to a bigger copter if you wanted?
YES you can, that is one of the reasons the Phantom is not such a bad gateway drug, once tired of it and it start getting fuzzy in the edges.. a lot of the stuff can be put on say a 440 or a 550 ;-)

naturally that is also why it is pretty easy to update the radio to say my favorite Spectrum box. ;-)
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:13 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,911 Posts
Quote:
I stand corrected then. ... I had heard (apparently erroneously) that the Phantom Naza was crippled. Since I couldn't adjust the COG I assumed that was the case. Makes sense to me now. ... How can I use the regular Naza Assistant with this one to lower the COG?
You can in relationship to the GPS. In NAZAM the GPS coordinates are set at 0,0,0. You can adjust those settings as far as I know. Mine are set at default right now. But I am just flying with stock stuff, GP3 in a Frame. Right now you cannot do the same for the Naza MC. That could happen later in a future software upgrade. Who knows.

I would not down grade the Phantom. It can be done, but I don't know what special coding that they put in to accommodate the remote Compass. Personally I would not do it unless someone confirms that you can reload the NAZAM to restore the default settings.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
The 2.0 Assistant has the mounting tab with GPS offsets. I don't have my Phantom connected to check but are you saying that is disabled when connected?
My values were all set at 0 and I wasn't able to change them. ... ... Can somebody confirm they are able to change the values on theirs? ... Perhaps I had disconnected the cable or something. It wouldn't make sense that you can't change those values, but I would appreciate if someone can verify I am wrong. ... I'm away from my Phantom right now or I would check.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,911 Posts
vislaw, I can change mine. Once you enter the new value, press enter. It works.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:21 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,086 Posts
Quote:
My values were all set at 0 and I wasn't able to change them. ... ... Can somebody confirm they are able to change the values on theirs? ... Perhaps I had disconnected the cable or something. It wouldn't make sense that you can't change those values, but I would appreciate if someone can verify I am wrong. ... I'm away from my Phantom right now or I would check.
I could change them fine, just checked.

flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:26 AM
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
Quote:
I could change them fine, just checked.
GREAT NEWS! ... must have been pilot error on my part. THANKS GUYS
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
I ordered some props and see the option for hand balancing but don't see the option to have those suckers reamed to 8mm.

If one didn't wish to ream them is there an adapter or sleeve one could use?
Spacers are for going from a smaller shaft to a larger hub.
We need to go from a smaller hub to a larger hub.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Spacers are for going from a smaller shaft to a larger hub.
We need to go from a smaller hub to a larger hub.
Doh! ... Thus the need for "reaming" .... I'm having brain farts this morning.

Really appreciate your contributions Tony. Put my order in and appreciated your PM back to make sure I got the right stuff.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:52 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,743 Posts
Quote:
The rubber dampers are only $3 for a set at Aerial Media Pros. I'm gonna fly in an hour or so and I'll report back later today with the footage.
Can wait to see what you get.

Which GP3 settings are you going to use based on the sheet I sent you last night?
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:58 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Fred, you need the dedicated version for the Phantom from this page

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...tom/downloads/

I think the direct link to download is
http://download.dji-innovations.com/...aller_2.00.zip
Bo, I'm actually using this software and no other (never owned a DJI product before). So I don't know how firmware 2.02 came on my device. I do suspect my vendor tried the Naza software before the Phantom version became available...

No worry, here the trick so that nobody else gets stuck. --- trick removed as it seems not ok to reveal it ---
fredbotton is offline Find More Posts by fredbotton
Last edited by fredbotton; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: kindly asked to do so.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
No it isn't available at least not yet. The OSD for WKM does support it however.
http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/iosd/features/
Looks like this OSD does work with Naza... I haven't found out exactly how yet though.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1393857
richardtheboffin is offline Find More Posts by richardtheboffin
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Hi all been having a read through the thread and new to the quadcopters been flying planes and helis since i was a kid but i have one question that im still not 100% on the answer to. I have the phantom and love it but want to change to my spektrum dx7s so how simple is it to change this to a spektrum receiver is it as simple as just changing the receiver type to traditional? and then setting up all the failsafe and 3 switches? just like you would the normal naza system as i noticed and seen in the thread there is the v1.8 and v2 of the assistant programme for the naza and phantom. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks all Dan
danw872 is offline Find More Posts by danw872