HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:43 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,575 Posts
why does the phantom have a different naza assistance to the normal naza.
what does the new calibration stuff etc do?

why do they not just use the normal naza assistance, since it uses a naza?
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:45 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post

I believe this will be the new NAZA Assistant for all eventually. I think they tried to clean it up and simplify it for the Phantom since it works a bit different in terms of the flight mode settings for example.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:46 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbotton View Post
I've downloaded DJI NAZAM Assistant 2.0, the Win7 driver and tried to connect. When I get is a warning that I must upgrade firmware to a new version. It won't let me do anything else: no access to View, Basic, Advanced, etc.
I can't upgrade either, 2.02 is said to be the latest firmware available.
Fred, you need the dedicated version for the Phantom from this page

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...tom/downloads/

I think the direct link to download is
http://download.dji-innovations.com/...aller_2.00.zip
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
No on the GPS flight data.

Hopefully the basic calibration fixed you issues, good to hear it is working for you now.
Shame it can't record the data... Presumably it is available from the Naza over the dbus link?

It shouldn't be too difficult to make a little microcontroller to store the data.
richardtheboffin is offline Find More Posts by richardtheboffin
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:47 AM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
Quote:

The Phantom uses a limited version of the Naza because they obviously don't want to cannibalize their Naza customer base. At the price point you get a complete ready-to-fly package with most of the capability of the Naza but without the extra functions that the full version of the Naza offers. Thus, they've written the Phantom Naza assistant software that is coded to work with the limited version of the Naza in the Phantom.
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:50 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtheboffin View Post
Shame it can't record the data... Presumably it is available from the Naza over the dbus link?

It shouldn't be too difficult to make a little microcontroller to store the data.
No it isn't available at least not yet. The OSD for WKM does support it however.
http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/iosd/features/
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
vislaw, very cool, I was thinking about using some of those instead of sorbothane, can't wait to hear how that works for you. (those are a pain to stuff in, I pulled a couple out up in the snow and took me forever to get them back into the zenmuse mount with cold fingers)
Ha ha! I hear you buddy! The last time I flew with my Zenmuse mounted I had everything carefully packed in its Pelican case but the idiot TSA handlers somehow pulled the Zenmuse off its mounting at the damper pads. I had to stuff all 12 of them back into their housing. I have now gotten very good at it by using a blunt flathead screwdriver to work them in.

The rubber dampers are only $3 for a set at Aerial Media Pros. I'm gonna fly in an hour or so and I'll report back later today with the footage.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:52 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Tony you are such a sales whore. I say that with great affection. Keep up the innovations. We all love your stuff.
LOL thanks for the compliment
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
phantom go pro 3 video

phantom1stcut (3 min 46 sec)
Bbechtel is offline Find More Posts by Bbechtel
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:54 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,575 Posts
ahh ok. just had a look at the only different bit is the IMU Calibration screen.
what does this do? and why isnt it needed on the naza?
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:57 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,938 Posts
vislaw, I beg to differ. The Naza that is in the Phantom is a regular Naza off the shelf. This is a new version of the Naza Assistant, NAZAM. My personal opinion is that this interface is the future of new versions of Assistant. Look at the difference between the two. One is old and broken and the other is new and fresh. I think that J said that. Sorry MIB reference. I have the new Naza H and it uses the same GUI as the NAZAM. How long will it be before all the GUI's adopt this form? WKM, WKH, Z15, iOSD and Ace One. The Hobby versions will drive the innovation based on the potential user base. Just my $.02.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:57 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
ahh ok. just had a look at the only different bit is the IMU Calibration screen.
what does this do? and why isnt it needed on the naza?
There is one on the old NAZA assistant as well. It just re-calibrates the accels and gyros I believe.

As far as I have seen the Phantom NAZA has all the same features as NAZA-M, they are same thing just different firmware and assistant for now.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:58 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
Thus, they've written the Phantom Naza assistant software that is coded to work with the limited version of the Naza in the Phantom.
Ahhhh, I do believe that is incorrect, as far as I know the Phantom Naza is bonestock with Naza firmware 3.0 and it have been reported downgraded to the regular naza setup by a couple of users.

I believe the main reason for that interface is to manage the 3.0 firmware which is slightly different, such as the man-atti-gps being able to select atti-atti-gps (which btw is where I left mine to avoid getting into manual at all on the phantom) but with that little finesse it is possible to flip the switch and do the compass setup.

Not meaning to be contrary, but pretty sure that box is stock, just with a higher firmware number.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:00 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,938 Posts
Bo, You are correct.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Nov 2011
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
vislaw, I beg to differ. The Naza that is in the Phantom is a regular Naza off the shelf. This is a new version of the Naza Assistant, NAZAM. My personal opinion is that this interface is the future of new versions of Assistant. Look at the difference between the two. One is old and broken and the other is new and fresh. I think that J said that. Sorry MIB reference. I have the new Naza H and it uses the same GUI as the NAZAM. How long will it be before all the GUI's adopt this form? WKM, WKH, Z15, iOSD and Ace One. The Hobby versions will drive the innovation based on the potential user base. Just my $.02.
I stand corrected then. ... I had heard (apparently erroneously) that the Phantom Naza was crippled. Since I couldn't adjust the COG I assumed that was the case. Makes sense to me now. ... How can I use the regular Naza Assistant with this one to lower the COG?
RCG Plus Member