HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:57 AM
Joined Jan 2013
106 Posts
Z06 Tony, can you give us more info on the Graupner's? What size, any modifications required to get them on the Phantom? Price/Part #'s, etc?

Thanks!
cargasm is offline Find More Posts by cargasm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:12 AM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Zenmuse damping rubber mounts

They give you a bunch of extra damping mounts when you get a Zenmuse so I figured why not make a GoPro mount for the Phantom with them. (You can pick up the Zenmuse rubber dampers and mounting brackets at Aerial Media Pros if you want to try this).

Will it improve the footy from the Hero3 on the Phantom? I intend to find out when the sun gets up a little higher ........
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:16 AM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Awsome video indeed.
Thanks for sharing, it was a real pleasure to travel in the air with your Phantom :--).
Wonderful landscape, peaceful atmosphere and cool kids in the snow!
Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it.
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:22 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
They give you a bunch of extra damping mounts when you get a Zenmuse so I figured why not make a GoPro mount for the Phantom with them. (You can pick up the Zenmuse rubber dampers and mounting brackets at Aerial Media Pros if you want to try this).

Will it improve the footy from the Hero3 on the Phantom? I intend to find out when the sun gets up a little higher ........
Looks good. Does the GoPro still clear the ground with it?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:31 AM
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Looks good. Does the GoPro still clear the ground with it?
It does clear the ground just barely. I'm using "The Frame" -- the lightweight mount from GoPro for the Hero3 that is really quite nice and light. It is just above the ground level but it protects the camera nicely if there is a rock or something directly underneath.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:38 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargasm View Post
Z06 Tony, can you give us more info on the Graupner's? What size, any modifications required to get them on the Phantom? Price/Part #'s, etc?

Thanks!
No mods to the Phantom but the props need to reamed to 8mm.
We offer that service but not listed on our site yet.
We also offer hand balancing. If you want to ream them yourself just buy a stepper drill bit and I would recomend a drill press to make sure the hole is perfect. Thats what we use.
You will need 2 of each below:
http://www.rc-drones.com/Graupner-Eprop-9Left.php
http://www.rc-drones.com/Graupner-Eprop-right.php
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:48 AM
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
No mods to the Phantom but the props need to reamed to 8mm.
We offer that service but not listed on our site yet.
We also offer hand balancing. If you want to ream them yourself just buy a stepper drill bit and I would recomend a drill press to make sure the hole is perfect. Thats what we use.
You will need 2 of each below:
http://www.rc-drones.com/Graupner-Eprop-9Left.php
http://www.rc-drones.com/Graupner-Eprop-right.php
I ordered some props and see the option for hand balancing but don't see the option to have those suckers reamed to 8mm.

If one didn't wish to ream them is there an adapter or sleeve one could use?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:51 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
One of the things that I don't like with the Phantom is how and wear they had to relocate the compass. I know it was done to resolve interference but it is rather exposed and open to the elements especially since it is so low on the landing gear. If you are flying in snow or wet areas its bound to get water into the connector.

To help protect and seal mine I used the following silicone tape wrap. Protects it and not overly noticeable since it is white.

Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
One of the things that I don't like with the Phantom is how and wear they had to relocate the compass. I know it was done to resolve interference but it is rather exposed and open to the elements especially since it is so low on the landing gear. If you are flying in snow or wet areas its bound to get water into the connector.

To help protect and seal mine I used the following silicone tape wrap. Protects it and not overly noticeable since it is white.

Great idea. I'm thinking that either InstaMorph or Sugru might also be a good option.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:55 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Quote:
Great idea. I'm thinking that either InstaMorph or Sugru might also be a good option.
Those would work great as well I suspect. The silicone tape is all I had on hand locally. I'll have to get some Sugru to make a bit cleaner looking one perhaps.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Hi All,

Is there a way of downloading flight data from the GPS? I was interested to know things like max altitude etc.

(My mysterious IMU problem, where the X gyro showed 26 degrees when stationary seems to have gone now!)

Cheers!
richardtheboffin is offline Find More Posts by richardtheboffin
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:21 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtheboffin View Post
Hi All,

Is there a way of downloading flight data from the GPS? I was interested to know things like max altitude etc.

(My mysterious IMU problem, where the X gyro showed 26 degrees when stationary seems to have gone now!)

Cheers!
No on the GPS flight data.

Hopefully the basic calibration fixed you issues, good to hear it is working for you now.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtheboffin View Post
Hi All,

Cheers!
I use THIS when I want to log flight path data. It is lightweight and you can velcro it on. Then just plug into the laptop and you can get all the data and import into Google Earth if you wish.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:30 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
121 Posts
I've downloaded DJI NAZAM Assistant 2.0, the Win7 driver and tried to connect. When I get is a warning that I must upgrade firmware to a new version. It won't let me do anything else: no access to View, Basic, Advanced, etc.
I can't upgrade either, 2.02 is said to be the latest firmware available.

I have searched through this thread to find 2.02 firmware was an old version installed by NAZAM Assistant 1.8. Problem is that I've never downloaded nor used v1.8, just installed 2.0 (I've double-checked that, and I'm a newcomer to DJI products). But I haven't been able to find a solution to upgrade to the latest firmware and get rid of the error message... Is there a way to reflash? Or do I have a bricked Phantom? Please help 8-)
fredbotton is offline Find More Posts by fredbotton
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:41 AM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,609 Posts
Quote:
vislaw, very cool, I was thinking about using some of those instead of sorbothane, can't wait to hear how that works for you. (those are a pain to stuff in, I pulled a couple out up in the snow and took me forever to get them back into the zenmuse mount with cold fingers)
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member