HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:46 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Mar 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Here is what it looks like on with some optional Grauppners.
Tahoe: are those 8 x 5 or 9 x 5 graupners? And what size lipos are you running? Possible to run 3300, 4000 or 5000 zippy's? Nice looking set-up.
red1one is offline Find More Posts by red1one
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:55 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,854 Posts
8x5's 2200mAh 3S. I would really like to run some 1600mAh 4S that I have but DJI says that it is DANGER. So I will not do it. I have a feeling that the escs are not up to the task. You can run larger lipos but not in the battery box it is 35x35x105mm. Above that you are outside the canopy. Just a side note, at high altitudes, I found the stock DJI props to work best.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:01 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1one View Post
Tahoe: are those 8 x 5 or 9 x 5 graupners? And what size lipos are you running? Possible to run 3300, 4000 or 5000 zippy's? Nice looking set-up.
We sell a nice CF battery/accessory tray that will allow you to run bigger batteries and balance the Phantom better.
There is also space to mount a video TX-> http://www.rc-drones.com/rcd-phantomount-acc.php
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:06 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,854 Posts
Tony you are such a sales whore. I say that with great affection. Keep up the innovations. We all love your stuff.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:33 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,127 Posts
It looks like weight limits this platform from taking decent AV.
OK short range AP with a gopro looks reasonable.
Has anyone tried a small 5.8 combo linked to a hand-held GS? I'm thinking stock rctx fixed to my 8" LCD with vrx on spws. You can hold it all in your hands and walk around lining up shots and showing others realtime.
Vtx hooked into gopro.
Only concern I'd have would be the vtx causing some kind of dji system interference with all those electronics jammed together.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:35 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,854 Posts
These are the same motors as the F450 so I am not sure if you are correct. The limitation is the lack of 4S for this platform in my opinion. If it had that you would not have to worry about the capacity. As is it will carry a vTx, a larger lipo and a FPV camera. I don't really know what else you would want.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:44 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
Hi guys, I wanted to give you all a sneak peek at some of the video I've created using the Phantom. We (RCG) will have a full review of the phantom coming in the next week or so, in the meantime, enjoy the video.

Notes about the video:
It's a stock Phantom, with balanced props.
There is no post stabilization done on the finished video.
Shot with a GoPro Hero HD 2, using the included camera mount.
Watch in HD at full screen for maximum effect.

https://vimeo.com/57714743
Awsome video indeed.
Thanks for sharing, it was a real pleasure to travel in the air with your Phantom :--).
Wonderful landscape, peaceful atmosphere and cool kids in the snow!
kosem is online now Find More Posts by kosem
Last edited by kosem; Jan 19, 2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: typos
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Birkenhead
Joined Dec 2012
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
It looks like weight limits this platform from taking decent AV.
OK short range AP with a gopro looks reasonable.
Has anyone tried a small 5.8 combo linked to a hand-held GS? I'm thinking stock rctx fixed to my 8" LCD with vrx on spws. You can hold it all in your hands and walk around lining up shots and showing others realtime.
Vtx hooked into gopro.
Only concern I'd have would be the vtx causing some kind of dji system interference with all those electronics jammed together.
Wheels_UK is offline Find More Posts by Wheels_UK
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:05 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Quote:
These are the same motors as the F450 so I am not sure if you are correct. The limitation is the lack of 4S for this platform in my opinion. If it had that you would not have to worry about the capacity. As is it will carry a vTx, a larger lipo and a FPV camera. I don't really know what else you would want.
Tony ran it on 4S. Someone just needs to test it for a bit. While it may not be rated for it, it might be able to take it anyways, like some motors and ESCs out there can. Question is, who wants to do this?
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:35 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,348 Posts
Believe DJI stated already some components won't handle 4s well, escs and LEDs might be the weak spot.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:45 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,348 Posts
Quote:
DJI, I checked the quick start for this led sequence and could not find it. Maybe you could add this to future manuals and the wiki??
It is in the quick start and referenced that the quad has moved before motor start I believe it is. I had this on mine as well new out of the box as have others. Mine still flew ok but others had it cause immediate flip on takeoff.

What it seems to be is the IMU is not seeing level as the calibration seems way off out of the box. Basic calibration seems to resolve it.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:50 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,348 Posts
Looks like they also updated the quick start now to mention the basic cal needed, page 15.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:47 AM
Joined Jul 2011
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
We sell a nice CF battery/accessory tray that will allow you to run bigger batteries and balance the Phantom better.
There is also space to mount a video TX-> http://www.rc-drones.com/rcd-phantomount-acc.php
Notice: the compass is sensitive to the battery current. We had to move the compass outside mainly because the battery current make a lot interferrence to the compass.
When GPS signal is weak, the interferrence will cause phantom fly very weird. For example the phantom will fly to a side quickly or the attitude cannot level automaticly when you let go the stick.

The current position of compass is just the good position. If you move it up even 1cm, the interferrence will become effective.

So please keep the bettery away from the compass.
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:49 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels_UK View Post
Looks very slick. Can ya flip that coin for me?
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:14 AM
froots loops
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
839 Posts
Did semeone broke one yet
Very badly broken frame?
show your dirty pics!
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya