HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2013, 06:40 PM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,045 Posts
Telemetry over your videos

Hey guys... any one tried this ? I bougth the required stuff and it is impresive.

You need a GPS Data Logger (US$35 - US$125) with the same date/time than your videocam, and a Software named Dashware (US$49.oo) that syncs and overlay great gauges, speed, distance, altitude, etc. on your videos: Here is a sample:

DJI Phantom with GPS Overlay (4 min 6 sec)
Jumanoc is offline Find More Posts by Jumanoc
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2013, 07:00 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc View Post
Hey guys... any one tried this ? I bougth the required stuff and it is impresive.

You need a GPS Data Logger (US$35 - US$125) with the same date/time than your videocam, and a Software named Dashware (US$49.oo) that syncs and overlay great gauges, speed, distance, altitude, etc. on your videos: Here is a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAogH5YfeoU
What GPS did you get?
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Aug 10, 2013, 07:21 PM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTunning

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAogH5YfeoU
What GPS did you get ?
This one (4 oz.):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jumanoc; Aug 10, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:04 PM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that's the one I have and recommended. I have mine stripped down to 9.6gr. Can you show how you have it all connected.

I would like to get further data. Flying today at the Heli field I was asked how fast my Y6 was... I didn't know so I put the GPS on it. I'm sure a camera would slow down my vertical climbs in manual mode but as it is now I can shoot up 1000' in no time.

HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:10 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCapture View Post
Unfortunately I can't do any of this -- as mentioned in my message, I'm "locked" on to the upgrade screen so I can't do anything, apparently at DJI version 3.16 is older than version 3.12.

Not sure where to go from here. I can't screenshot screens I can't get to.
I was in the same spot today and this video helped. I was missing a step and this guy explained it. I hope it helps you too. I don't speak German, but I can follow instructions. I was locked out too untill I watched this video.

DJI Phantom #77 - Naza-M Firmware Update 3.16 (12 min 49 sec)
wxflight is offline Find More Posts by wxflight
Old Aug 10, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Dec 2002
663 Posts
automatic fire extinguisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy286 View Post
We all have difference opinions on how to safely charge & store these Lipo batteries. I for one don't worry about the Lipo's catching on fire because I always check them closely for any signs of puffing/cuts/frayed wires prior to charging. Again, I use the lowest amp setting(1amp). Using the liposack, along with recharging in the oven(thanks TJ) is about all I'll do. I can't stop living life because I'm recharging a battery. I've had some bad things happen to me and fortunately I've survived
http://www.amazon.com/Flame-Defender...sim_sbs_misc_1

Several years ago, I almost burnt my house down because the lipo explosion in my living room because of the charger that put constant 3 amp in the first 3 minutes no matter what! Since then I installed the above near all my potential fire starter including the gas heater, my charge station and the fuse box.
tanasit is offline Find More Posts by tanasit
Old Aug 10, 2013, 09:15 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jan 2013
451 Posts
Finally! I got my Zenmuse H3-2D installed and took it for a quick test spin at the cottage last weekend. It's awesome!

Here's a combined clip of footage from before and after gimbal installation. The new gimbal shots are from 1:02 to 2:30. The crash at the end was from a pre-gimbal flight.

It's amazing how rock steady the image is at 1:02. It almost looks the camera is sitting fixed on a tripod until the Phantom starts backing up.

Phantom Bush-Whacking at the Cottage (3 min 39 sec)
Zbip57 is offline Find More Posts by Zbip57
Old Aug 10, 2013, 09:47 PM
Joined Mar 2013
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbip57 View Post
Finally! I got my Zenmuse H3-2D installed and took it for a quick test spin at the cottage last weekend. It's awesome!

Here's a combined clip of footage from before and after gimbal installation. The new gimbal shots are from 1:02 to 2:30. The crash at the end was from a pre-gimbal flight.

It's amazing how rock steady the image is at 1:02. It almost looks the camera is sitting fixed on a tripod until the Phantom starts backing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZQcBA3iflo
Nice! What is your new flight time average and how is the Phantom handling the new load?
Tony Landing is offline Find More Posts by Tony Landing
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:04 PM
United States, WA, Bellingham
Joined Sep 2009
169 Posts
Phantom descends slowly in hover

A couple of months ago I added a spring to my DJI radio in order to center the throttle. It works great at helping me maintain level flight but now that I've added a gimbal and FPV I notice that the Phantom is actually descending slowly when the throttle stick is centered.

I checked the NAZA Assistant -- it shows the throttle stick to the left of center by about two "ticks". I tried the throttle calibration but it had no effect.

Is there a way to recalibrate the throttle so that when the stick is actually physically centered, there's enough power applied to maintain a level position?
saskwatch is offline Find More Posts by saskwatch
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:28 PM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
705 Posts
Have you tried doing the stick calibration on the TX first, then in Naza assistant.
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:57 PM
Quadrotor
San Diego
Joined May 2010
361 Posts
Quote:
I upgraded to 3.16. Then imported Default Phantom Parameters prevoiusly downloades. Then I tried to perform Advanced Calibration (5-6 times). Always showed Error[27] and that anoying message related to MC temperature is to hot... bla ..bla..bla

A trick to complete Advanced Calibration was to keep pushing ENTER when the MC temperature MSG appeared. Around 40% completed... the MSG no appeared anymore and calibration went completed and Error[27] disappeared.

I did compass calibration (360° dancing...) and all seemed to be OK. So I went to fly... tried everything: Hover, GPS ATTI, Yaw, etc. when OOPPPS No IOC functions. Landed and went to Naza Assistant. IOC was disabled and no way to enabled again. Tried all my tricks. I read in another forum that DJI disabled it for newbies...in 3.16

So, before upgrade to 3.16 my phantom was 3.12 and was flying great. I reverted Firmware to 3.12 using Naza 2.12. IOC is ON again, calibrations OK, No Errors... No MC Temperature BS MSG. Went to fly 3 batteries and all worked fine.

If it is working No try tro fix it (or no try to update it)

That Naza Assistant , Check the great messages that was showing me:
Yep, apparently ZERO quality control on this software release. There is no way it was tested with all of us getting the same absurd error messages.

I posted the 7 step process to get this upgrade done last night in this thread. If you deviate in any way, you got trouble.

I did some flying today, almost all course lock which seemed to be fine. Notes:

1) The initial bootup time went from 140 seconds to 40 seconds.
2) The wobble when descending is now worse than ever.
3) Almost flipped on a takeoff on smooth ground, light winds. The "suicide launch" still sucks.
VCapture is offline Find More Posts by VCapture
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natscape View Post
Have you tried doing the stick calibration on the TX first, then in Naza assistant.
Agree with this and to be clear when you do the TX calibration, make sure when it asks to go into ATTI, that you go to the bottom ATTI position. The middle position won't calibrate the TX.
nhirsch is offline Find More Posts by nhirsch
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:10 AM
San Jose, Ca
Joined Feb 2011
54 Posts
HELP HERE!
Just received my Phantom today, I noticed the throttle gimble on transmitter is spring loaded, I have been flying for years and have 6 other transmitters they all have stay position throttles, with spring rudder, I'm talking about the left side of transmitter, I have a call into them and email, is the the first or am I wrong???
balmy breeze is offline Find More Posts by balmy breeze
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:23 AM
HelicoMicro
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Dec 2012
123 Posts
balmy breeze, this is "normal". This is a featured introduced on new Phantom devices, throttle is now stuck in the middle. You can easily remove the spring, just open the transmitter and get rid of it.
fredbotton is offline Find More Posts by fredbotton
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:25 AM
Quad Pilot
Joined Jan 2013
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balmy breeze View Post
HELP HERE!
Just received my Phantom today, I noticed the throttle gimble on transmitter is spring loaded, I have been flying for years and have 6 other transmitters they all have stay position throttles, with spring rudder, I'm talking about the left side of transmitter, I have a call into them and email, is the the first or am I wrong???
New versions of phantoms have the spring in throtle stick that keep it at 50%
RCG Plus Member