HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:19 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DismayingObservation View Post
Good question; I would assume they'll soon be at Helizone's main site. Amazon has the regular V911 canopies and blades.

I know that Helizone is stocking up on parts as we speak, so getting the lightning motif either for this model or an older V911 should be no problem.
Halley has replacement parts available, but not online yet. Call them at 323-225-2928 Pacific time (10am-5pm, Mon-Fri.)
tominjax is offline Find More Posts by tominjax
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Good question; I would assume they'll soon be at Helizone's main site. Amazon has the regular V911 canopies and blades.

I know that Helizone is stocking up on parts as we speak, so getting the lightning motif either for this model or an older V911 should be no problem.
So I've been trying to get the answer to this question since I received my Lightning Bird on 12/28. So far I've exchanged several emails with Helizone directly and the last email I got from them (today), they provided me a direct link to an online retailer's V911 part page that only sells parts for the orange/black WL Toys V911. My last email back to them was asking whether or not the all black replacement parts for the Lightning Bird are or will be available. I will post as soon as I hear back and if anyone else finds them please let me know.
Smchugh is offline Find More Posts by Smchugh
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:45 PM
san diego
Joined May 2009
75 Posts
Quote:
Sounds as if your swashplate isn't level. I'd center the trims and then mechanically adjust it at the links.
How do I do that?
needsomethin is offline Find More Posts by needsomethin
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:54 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomethin View Post
How do I do that?
No problem.

Turn on the transmitter and make sure the trims are centered. You'll see the settings on the display and then it's a simple matter of adjusting the transmitter trims with the trim tabs.

Next, power up the helicopter and wait for it to finish initializing. Then, unplug the battery and look at the swashplate. If it isn't level, carefully pop the pushrod links off the ball links on the swashplate and screw the links in or out in order to adjust them. There's a tool just for the task of separating ball links which your hobby shop either stocks or can order from Align/Horizon Hobby, but it isn't absolutely necessary.

Once you're certain the links are properly adjusted, pop them back in place and give the helicopter a try. Good luck!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:00 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
No problem.

Turn on the transmitter and make sure the trims are centered. You'll see the settings on the display and then it's a simple matter of adjusting the transmitter trims with the trim tabs.

Next, power up the helicopter and wait for it to finish initializing. Then, unplug the battery and look at the swashplate. If it isn't level, carefully pop the pushrod links off the ball links on the swashplate and screw the links in or out in order to adjust them. There's a tool just for the task of separating ball links which your hobby shop either stocks or can order from Align/Horizon Hobby, but it isn't absolutely necessary.

Once you're certain the links are properly adjusted, pop them back in place and give the helicopter a try. Good luck!
I happen to have broke a ball off one of my swashplates Would you happen to know the name of the tool to safely remove the links? Maybe this?
dferrey is offline Find More Posts by dferrey
Last edited by dferrey; Jan 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferrey View Post
I happen to have broke a ball off one of my swashplates Would you happen to know the name of the tool to safely remove the links? Maybe this?
a tool like that would work wonderfully but i have never seen one in micro size. sry, that one is much too big and would never work.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:55 PM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smchugh View Post
So I've been trying to get the answer to this question since I received my Lightning Bird on 12/28. So far I've exchanged several emails with Helizone directly and the last email I got from them (today), they provided me a direct link to an online retailer's V911 part page that only sells parts for the orange/black WL Toys V911. My last email back to them was asking whether or not the all black replacement parts for the Lightning Bird are or will be available. I will post as soon as I hear back and if anyone else finds them please let me know.
Ok, finally got a direct answer.... Replacement canopy, main blades and tail rotor for the Lightning Bird are not available at this time. They claim they will be notifying me when they do become available.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:39 PM View Post
uiyewiusdfo
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:24 PM
san diego
Joined May 2009
75 Posts
Quote:
No problem.

Thanks for the help. I will try that.
needsomethin is offline Find More Posts by needsomethin
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:33 AM
Joined Dec 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smchugh View Post
Ok, finally got a direct answer.... Replacement canopy, main blades and tail rotor for the Lightning Bird are not available at this time. They claim they will be notifying me when they do become available.
No email but I did stumble across some parts. No canopy yet but its a start...

http://www.amazon.com/Helizone-Light...&keywords=v911
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:42 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
No replacement canopies for this or the h911 warbirds.

Btw doesn't the helizone come with 180mah batteries not 200mah as in this review I'm just wondering ?

TC531131 = 120mah, 37x12x6mm 3.94g
UC531136 = 130mah, 42x12x6mm, 4.4g, new plug
TC551136V = 145mah, 42x12x6mm, 4.38g
UC551148 = 200 mah, 52xx12x6mm, 6g, new plug
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Last edited by ITS ME DAVID; Feb 22, 2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:51 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
No replacement canopies for this or the h911 warbirds.

Btw doesn't the helizone come with 180mah batteries not 200mah as in this review I'm just wondering ?
Mine came with 200s.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead