Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:50 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude71 View Post
reported now get out of here useless
Yeah, and the little punk is online. Probably a spambot, but we'll see if the little freak has the guts to answer my little PM to him. I've been seeing a lot of spambots from that same useless website.

I've alerted one of the admins.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
V911

What if different from the standard WLtoys v911 other than the canopy and the 200mah battery. Need to be sure ALL standard V911 parts will all work prior to purchase.

Happy New Year
Marino
marinoperna is offline Find More Posts by marinoperna
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinoperna View Post
What if different from the standard WLtoys v911 other than the canopy and the 200mah battery. Need to be sure ALL standard V911 parts will all work prior to purchase.

Happy New Year
Marino
The battery is different than the older Nine Eagles type of connector and it has the upgraded receiver board as well. So, except for the skids, the airframe is basically unchanged as far as I can tell.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Call it a "review preview."
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:01 PM
United States, IL, Hoffman Estates
Joined Aug 2007
85 Posts
I just received one of these and am having a blast with it. I started flying planes this summer and wanted something to use indoors. I'm impressed with how stable it is.

I don't have any complaints but mine did take a good 5-7 clicks of right aileron trim. I'm going to mechanically adjust that out with the servo pushrod, and I noticed that the servo arm and pushrod aren't at 90* from each other, on either servo. Should I attempt to adjust that out also, or is it that way for a reason? (It almost appears that it was adjusted using the inner hole, then moved to the outer hole..?)
tta flyer is offline Find More Posts by tta flyer
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:24 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,193 Posts
are they going to offer the spare parts in the "original" paint job ever (ie will you be able to get the canopy and blades by itself, or is this just one of these "if you need a new canopy and want the EXACT same one, buy a new RTF bird" cases ??)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:54 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
I bought one of these and also one of the brookstone "Stunt Copters" linked on the last page. (link doesn't work).

The copters seem identical, aside from looks. The brookstone model ALSO came with the upgraded battery connection, but the batteries were the smaller size.

Two things I've noticed:

The Lightning Bird flies a little smoother. I had a bit more trouble trimming up the brookstone copter, although in their defense I acquired that one first and crashed the hell out of it learning to fly. Already lost a flybar weight, ordered a new one yesterday.

The TX from the brookstone model works BETTER with the Lightning Bird than the actual TX it came with. With the Helizone control, I had to trim and trim and trim, almost maxing out. The brookstone control, oddly, needs far less trimming. Not sure why it makes a difference, but after a week of grabbing the Helizone TX and trading it for the Brookstone in a couple minutes, I definitely feel it's smoother and needs less trim to hover.

Another note, regarding the controllers - the Brookstone controller has a functioning right button that puts the copter into 3 channel mode. Great for people making the transition from the Syma type 3 channels who want the speed and single rotor without learning a whole new control scheme right away. Oddly, it doesn't work well with the Brookstone copter as any sideways trim used is cancelled as soon as you enter into 3 channel mode. However, both modes work GREAT with the lightning bird.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:55 PM View Post
sdfkwhiuhsdfi
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:20 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
are they going to offer the spare parts in the "original" paint job ever (ie will you be able to get the canopy and blades by itself, or is this just one of these "if you need a new canopy and want the EXACT same one, buy a new RTF bird" cases ??)
Good question; I would assume they'll soon be at Helizone's main site. Amazon has the regular V911 canopies and blades.

I know that Helizone is stocking up on parts as we speak, so getting the lightning motif either for this model or an older V911 should be no problem.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:23 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tta flyer View Post
I just received one of these and am having a blast with it. I started flying planes this summer and wanted something to use indoors. I'm impressed with how stable it is.

I don't have any complaints but mine did take a good 5-7 clicks of right aileron trim. I'm going to mechanically adjust that out with the servo pushrod, and I noticed that the servo arm and pushrod aren't at 90* from each other, on either servo. Should I attempt to adjust that out also, or is it that way for a reason? (It almost appears that it was adjusted using the inner hole, then moved to the outer hole..?)
According to the manual, the original V911 is shipped with the arms in the inner holes. Mine came with the arms in the outer holes and the swashplate nicely leveled. It doesn't look like it, but that's a big jump between holes and it's safe to conclude that some adjusting of the links would be necessary.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:43 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DismayingObservation View Post
Good question; I would assume they'll soon be at Helizone's main site. Amazon has the regular V911 canopies and blades.

I know that Helizone is stocking up on parts as we speak, so getting the lightning motif either for this model or an older V911 should be no problem.
Seriously, I would be surprised, but I daing sure hope you are right ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:19 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
seriously, i would be surprised, but i daing sure hope you are right ...
LOL! Well, I do manage to get it right every so often.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:31 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Curious about these cheaper FP helis. This is basically the same thing as a Blade MSR correct? Does anyone have experience with both that can compare the flight characteristics?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:03 PM
san diego
Joined May 2009
75 Posts
I got the brookstone one along with my dad. Mine doesn't hover and flys in circles that get progresively bigger and no mater how much i adjust the trim it doesn't affect it. My dads hovers perfectly with just a little trim adjustment.
needsomethin is offline Find More Posts by needsomethin
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:17 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomethin View Post
I got the brookstone one along with my dad. Mine doesn't hover and flys in circles that get progresively bigger and no mater how much i adjust the trim it doesn't affect it. My dads hovers perfectly with just a little trim adjustment.
Sounds as if your swashplate isn't level. I'd center the trims and then mechanically adjust it at the links.
RCG Plus Member