HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:29 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,111 Posts
Discussion
Ares Tiger Moth 75 Nano-Micro RTF and WOT (Without Transmitter)

Hello everyone,

The new Ares Tiger Moth 75 Nano-Micro RTF and WOT (Without Transmitter) airplanes are arriving in HobbyTown USA stores this week. Many stores will have both versions and spare parts in stock and they'll also be available on www.HobbyTown.com next week.

Please see below and check out our web site (www.Ares-RC.com) for more information on the Tiger Moth 75. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AresRadioControl), Twitter (www.twitter.com/AresRC) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/AresRadioControl).

Features
•Semi-scale model of the classic Tiger Moth DH.82 biplane including a variety of scale details
•Weighs just 14 grams (0.5 oz) ready to fly – 1/2 the weight of typical ultra-micro class models
•Nano-micro size and low weight for slow and easy flying in smaller indoor and outdoor spaces
•Fully proportional 3-channel throttle, rudder and elevator controls for excellent maneuverability
•Lightweight 50mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo battery with unique quick-change magnetic attachment design
•3-channel transmitter with 2.4GHz technology and built-in LiPo battery charger (RTF version only, compatible transmitter required for WOT version)

Overview
The Ares™ [air-eez] Tiger Moth 75 is a semi-scale model of de Havilland's classic biplane design that became the RAF's primary trainer of choice in the 1930's and 40's. The Tiger Moth's docile handling, forgiving flight characteristics and full aerobatic capability made it an ideal choice for training the future pilots of fighters including the Spitfire and Hurricane through WWII and beyond.

Weighing in at only 14 grams (0.5 oz) ready-to-fly, the Tiger Moth 75 is a great choice when looking for a lightweight airplane to fly in more places than ever before. The nano-micro size and low weight allow for slow and easy flying in smaller indoor spaces from a great room at home to a conference room at the office, and fully proportional 3-channel throttle, rudder and elevator controls offer plenty of maneuverability for flying outdoors in calm to light wind conditions.

A variety of scale finishes include an authentic trim scheme, molded wing rib details and pilots, and lightweight yet durable construction means you don't always have to worry about damage after less than perfect training missions or landings. The Tiger Moth 75's unique airframe design assembles with magnets and interlocking parts for easy maintenance and repairs without glue, plus it arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready-to-fly right out of the box!

The Tiger Moth 75 is available in RTF (Ready-To-Fly) and WOT (Without Transmitter) versions that include a factory-installed receiver and onboard electronics as well as a 50mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo battery. The WOT version also includes a DC USB charger and is ready to bind/link to compatible Ares 2.4GHz transmitters including the M3LPA-100C and M4LPA/M4MPA-200C transmitters included with Trainer 100, Stick 75 and other similar class RTF models.

The RTF version includes a 3-channel transmitter equipped with 2.4GHz technology, digital trims and a built-in LiPo battery charger plus the AA batteries to power it. That means there's nothing extra to buy and you can be ready to fly within minutes of opening the box!

So whether you're a low-time or experienced pilot, there's no better way to enjoy nano-micro sized airplane flying and no better value than the Tiger Moth 75!

Specifications
Wingspan: 11.4 in (290mm)
Length: 10.8 in (275mm)
Weight with Battery: 0.5 oz (14 g)
Battery: 50mAh 1S 3.7V LiPo (included with RTF and WOT)
Charger: 1S 3.7V LiPo (included in transmitter with RTF and DC USB with WOT)
Transmitter: 3-channel 2.4GHz w/LiPo charger (included with RTF, required for WOT)
On-Board Electronics: 3-in-1 receiver/ESC/servo and magnetic actuator (installed in RTF and WOT)

AZS1300; Tiger Moth 75 Nano-Micro RTF -- $79.99*
AZS1301; Tiger Moth 75 Nano-Micro WOT (Without Transmitter) -- $64.99*

*At participating retailers
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jason M; Nov 21, 2012 at 05:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:41 AM
17 years on RCG!
Joined Dec 1996
3,111 Posts
Hello again everyone,

We hope to have video of the Tiger Moth 75 and a number of other new Ares products soon! Please check back here and on our Facebook page for videos in the next few weeks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:32 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
320 Posts
Thank you! great ultra micros and nanos!
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:59 AM
Vintage Nut
Llangollen
Joined Aug 2007
315 Posts
Will they ever be on sale in the UK? They are certain of a great market here.
Welsh Dave is offline Find More Posts by Welsh Dave
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:04 AM
17 years on RCG!
Joined Dec 1996
3,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Dave View Post
Will they ever be on sale in the UK? They are certain of a great market here.
Yes....and hopefully very soon Please keep an eye on the J Perkins Distribution web site for more info on pricing and availability in the coming weeks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:54 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Flight video link ?
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:15 PM
Vintage Nut
Llangollen
Joined Aug 2007
315 Posts
Cool. Saving my pennies already... :-)
If you're planning any WW1 fighters, I'd love to see a Fokker D.VII as accurate as the Tiger Moth, with the top of the radiator semi-circular, no break of contour on the upper cowling, and wingtips of the correct shape. I think all that would be a first in RTF models! I'd also recommend a colour scheme other than red and white! Can advise if you like. :-)
Welsh Dave is offline Find More Posts by Welsh Dave
Last edited by Welsh Dave; Nov 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:43 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
534 Posts
Very interested in this plane. Generally prefer using my own radios (Spektrum),
but what is a 'compatible transmitter' mentioned in the first post? Or does one have to get the RTF with transmitter?

Thanks, John

Sorry, should have read further. Question answered.
jhark37 is offline Find More Posts by jhark37
Last edited by jhark37; Nov 22, 2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: new info
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
United States, IA, Orange City
Joined Feb 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
Flight video link ?
Ditto
ricknoon is offline Find More Posts by ricknoon
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Jun 2008
263 Posts
Ditto +1

Hard to believe that stores are currently stocking this plane, yet the manufacturer still has no video of this plane in the air.......
aclinml is offline Find More Posts by aclinml
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:57 AM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
Nice little moth, flies well too!

Found a video on http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1278757&type=2
Not sure were the link brings you, but choose videos, and then click the one ("nd one for me) thats 1.22 mins long, sorry i could not make a better link, bute its there1
Please let me know if you can see it...

Tommy
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
Noblesville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
253 Posts
I was able to take my Moth to a small gym this morning for some inside flying. The airplane gets an A, but the box gets an F. Don't assume you can transport the plane and transmitter in the box like the other brands. There is not much to hold the transmitter. Mine came loose and did some damage to my plane . It ripped the bottom wing and landing gear off. Put a nasty crease in the lower wing and broke 1 interplane strut. Fortunately , their magnet system worked and saved the day. The wing and gear snapped back in place. I was able to massgae most of the crease out and repaired the strut. After the work the plane flies great. It's slower than a vapor. I love it.
Steve Percifield is offline Find More Posts by Steve Percifield
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:41 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Percifield View Post
I was able to take my Moth to a small gym this morning for some inside flying. The airplane gets an A, but the box gets an F. Don't assume you can transport the plane and transmitter in the box like the other brands. There is not much to hold the transmitter. Mine came loose and did some damage to my plane . It ripped the bottom wing and landing gear off. Put a nasty crease in the lower wing and broke 1 interplane strut. Fortunately , their magnet system worked and saved the day. The wing and gear snapped back in place. I was able to massgae most of the crease out and repaired the strut. After the work the plane flies great. It's slower than a vapor. I love it.
Thanks for the heads-up. Where did you buy yours?

Thanks, John
jhark37 is offline Find More Posts by jhark37
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:26 PM
Noblesville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
253 Posts
Hobby Town here in Indy, got them in stock last Wednesday.
Steve Percifield is offline Find More Posts by Steve Percifield
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:17 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Percifield View Post
I was able to take my Moth to a small gym this morning for some inside flying. The airplane gets an A, but the box gets an F. Don't assume you can transport the plane and transmitter in the box like the other brands. There is not much to hold the transmitter. Mine came loose and did some damage to my plane...
I had the same problem with my Nano Micro Stick 75. As a solution, I created a strap to hold the transmitter in place out of a strip of corrugated cardboard. I then fastened it in place with duct tape. It keeps it safely in place without risk of damaging the plane.

Greg
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent