HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:37 AM
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
@vadmcse
esc settings: Normal (being 400Hz)
Arrow is pointing forward
When doing the tests in the setup guide tilting the quad left/right up/down all is correct.
With props off all seems and sounds ok.
I'll try to shoot a video.

It is quite frustrating as this is not my first build.
I used multiwii, apm2.5, Naza never had as many issues as with this YS-X4
However it is always nice to learn from others and to find the cause the problems.
jrt4fun is offline Find More Posts by jrt4fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2014, 09:42 AM
Joined Jan 2014
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusSa View Post
The last couple of flights have had the exact same problem.
Everything starts off good, then in GPS hold it starts wobbling / searching until motor imbalance quickly gets too high and it crashes. Fortunately little damage so far.
Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxFhcLqH3U
I kept it low to the ground and crash landed when things went bad.
Attached is a parsed log file of the flight.

Any suggestions?
Recalibrated the ESC's and now, for some reason, it works again!
MariusSa is offline Find More Posts by MariusSa
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:41 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht
Joined Feb 2009
121 Posts
Are you sure the connectors of the ESC's (engine numbers) sit in the right connection (good order) from the controller?
pardoez is online now Find More Posts by pardoez
Old Feb 24, 2014, 01:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
@pardoez
Yes they are, unless the documentation is wrong
I checked and even double checked.
Went through the whole process of calibrating the compass and gyro.
Checking that when tilting the frame the correct indication is shown on the app.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 02:04 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
GCS Software not working in Win7

I cannot see any menu text in any menu in the whole software. I am running this on an i7 with Windows 7. My java and flash are updated to latest versions.

Does it only work on XP?
syndk8 is offline Find More Posts by syndk8
Last edited by syndk8; Feb 26, 2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 02:24 PM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Feb 2007
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndk8 View Post
I cannot see any menu text in any menu in the whole software. I am running this on an i7 with Windows 7. My java and flash are updated to latest versions.

Does it only work on XP?

I think you have a problem with the language file. I remember someone posting similar behavior some time ago
vadmcse is offline Find More Posts by vadmcse
Old Feb 26, 2014, 02:57 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadmcse View Post
I think you have a problem with the language file. I remember someone posting similar behavior some time ago
Thanks that was the problem, I went back and searched that answer and someone suggested using the GCS software in this thread instead of the one on their website which is GEMINI edition. The default.ini file in /language folder is empty in the new version. So here is the default.ini from this thread that you can dump into the new version and it will work.
syndk8 is offline Find More Posts by syndk8
Old Feb 28, 2014, 02:16 AM
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt4fun View Post
Hi guys,

I could use some help or some hints.
I equiped my quad frame with a YS-X4.
Frame is about 70cm with 4x 700KV motors on Tiger esc's.

Setup is stock values.
As soon as I want to take off the motors start spinning like crazy and it flips over.
I upgraded to the latest firmware, calibration of the compass and zero'ed' the gyros.

Someone had this issue as well?
Tips and tricks are very welcome

Thank you

After having checked, re-checked and checked again everything I got my controller replaced for a new set.
Installed the new set, followed the exact same procedures on the setup part.
Guess what... the quad is flying.
I must have had a bad unit, spent days on it to get to the cause of the problems.
Anyhow it is airborn now
Old Mar 03, 2014, 08:11 AM
Joined Sep 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishvv View Post
(1) Follow me feature has been removed from the latest Android app.
(2) See the following link on how to arm the motors.
(3) Pitch and Roll Sensitivity = Pitch and Roll Gain setting. These gain setting will affect the stabilize sensitivity of the copter in respond to your TX input during manual or GPS mode. Likewise for the throttle sensitivity, the setting will affect the height control sensitivity in manual mode and self stabilization mode.
(4) I asked this question to ZeroUAV before, they do not recommend me using older firmware.. So it is up to you.
(5) No different, if you are using three position switch, the ALTITUTE HOLD mode will be removed and replace with Manual mode. If your real manual mode mean stunt mode, then I doubt the setting will allow you to flip the copter... perhaps you can reduce the pitch and roll setting to the lowest and try it out...
(6) You mean the 900Mhz Data Link set? No idea, I can't afford it.
Thank you very much for your answers whisvv. In the meantime I did several new test flights with different settings and was able to draw some conclusion.

(2) I saw they release a new firmware and the F/S is no longer needed when arming motors.

(3) the Pitch and Roll sensitivity affects the self leveling. I tried very low sensitivity for Pitch and Roll (10, 10) and if let's say I tilt the frame and then release the stick it takes several seconds for the flight controller to stabilize the frame.

(5) I suspect (but haven't checked) that if I use the older CGS and modify the "Ctrl Type" it will have an effect on the Manual/Attitude flight modes.

(6) Yeah I meant the 900Mhz module.
pmijoiu is offline Find More Posts by pmijoiu
Old Mar 04, 2014, 01:11 PM
Joined Sep 2012
29 Posts
Hey guys,

What OSD are you using with your zerouav controller?

I am using a minimOSD and I am relatively happy with it but I've seen there are other alternatives out there and was curious which one is best. The downside of using minimOSD is that you don't have the compass orientation.

I have seen that ZeroUAV released a firmware for a device called ZerOSD but I am nut sure which device is that.

Cheers!
pmijoiu is offline Find More Posts by pmijoiu
Old Mar 04, 2014, 02:58 PM
F550flyer
United States, VA, Wise
Joined Feb 2013
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmijoiu View Post
Hey guys,

I am using a minimOSD and I am relatively happy with it but I've seen there are other alternatives out there and was curious which one is best. The downside of using minimOSD is that you don't have the compass orientation.

I have seen that ZeroUAV released a firmware for a device called ZerOSD but I am nut sure which device is that.

Cheers!
I just ordered one from www.thanksbuyer.com.It is called YS-X6-X4 OSD kit module for flight control intergrated data transfer radio(WIFI).It cost $179.60 dollars.I believe it some how connects in between the WIFI and the AP unit.I can't find much about it.I will let you know how it works when I get it in 2 or 3 weeks.It is coming from China.
F550flyer64832 is offline Find More Posts by F550flyer64832
Old Mar 05, 2014, 07:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
192 Posts
From their description, it seems that that device, gives video output for your video TX (air mode), but it also can send to a second device on the ground (ground mode). and input the video from the ground unit, directly in the monitor.
Input values are taken from the COM port of the YS-X4 and wireless unit, is not needed anymore.
Anyhow i hope your kit include 2 units to do that....you might be needed to buy another one in order to replace the wifi unit with these data connection.
mirceacul is offline Find More Posts by mirceacul
Old Mar 05, 2014, 10:57 AM
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
Here are some pictures of ZerOSD. I got a new firmware today for it, and now it looks great! (On firmware 1.3 the bottom two rows with GPS and waypoin information was not visible, it was "below" the monitors visible area). But with a new firmware it looks really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmijoiu View Post
Hey guys,

Cheers!
Thegn is offline Find More Posts by Thegn
Old Mar 06, 2014, 01:18 AM
Joined Sep 2011
350 Posts
Anyone want to buy my YS-x4 Navigator version for 300USD? I bought it for a shoot that needed the follow me function. Everything works beautifully. PM if interested.
flashervn is offline Find More Posts by flashervn
Old Mar 09, 2014, 08:45 AM
Joined Jan 2014
11 Posts
Failsafe YS-X4

Did anyone try the Failsafe on the latest firmware (YS-X4-or-X4P-firmware-20131109-AloneVersion-Enc.arm). The good thijng is that in this firmware the Manual Altitude is back (or was it just gone on the YS-X6?). Anyway i like that althoug it is very stable flying in Manual mode. But the Failsafe (either by turning off radio or flipping CH6 to position 3 in GPS mode) has some strange behaviour. Sometimes it climbs to 20 meter return on that height and land (that is what i expect) but also sometimes it just comes straight back without going up. Is there a minimum height for instance when it works or? It comes back but i expect it always to climb first. Anyone noticed this behaviour to?
Fotopiloot is offline Find More Posts by Fotopiloot