HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined Jul 2011
680 Posts
In Atti. Mode or GPS Atti. Mode, the tilt degress has been limited to 45degree, but in Manual Mode, you can fly 3D actions you like without any limitation. Naza-H is sure to be compatible with flybarred and flaybarless helicopters, you can choose it through the assistant software.

In addition, some customers asked if there will be more functions added in Naza-H like Return-to-Home and IOC. That's for sure that Naza-H will have more useful functions included according to customers' requirements, such as Neutral-Position Recordable and Semi-auto Take-off/Landing. We will have the two functions available firstly.Regarding Return-to-Home and IOC, we don't have the plan at this early stage. Will make it announced here if we have the plan.

The greatest points for NAZA-H+GPS Autopilot System are GPS Module(optional), Attitude Stabilization, and perfect Flybarless System and Tail Gyro (Including Pirouette Compensation, Auto Trim, Suitable for Different Flying Styles, etc).Therefore, Naza-H has already been a good option as an autopilot system with GPS module and also a good FBL flight system.

Naza-H is the cheapest system with high cost performance as a good stabilization system with GPS and good Flybarless System.
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:03 AM
Польша, Мазовецкое воеводство, Варшава
Joined May 2011
54 Posts
We were looking forward to the sale of your product and all were hoping for the auto return home! My friends and I are very disappointed that this feature is present not in the system. Have are risen alternative proposals from other manufacturers. What a pity!
vadson is offline Find More Posts by vadson
Last edited by vadson; Dec 04, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:37 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
In Atti. Mode or GPS Atti. Mode, the tilt degress has been limited to 45degree, but in Manual Mode, you can fly 3D actions you like without any limitation. Naza-H is sure to be compatible with flybarred and flaybarless helicopters, you can choose it through the assistant software.

In addition, some customers asked if there will be more functions added in Naza-H like Return-to-Home and IOC. That's for sure that Naza-H will have more useful functions included according to customers' requirements, such as Neutral-Position Recordable and Semi-auto Take-off/Landing. We will have the two functions available firstly.Regarding Return-to-Home and IOC, we don't have the plan at this early stage. Will make it announced here if we have the plan.

The greatest points for NAZA-H+GPS Autopilot System are GPS Module(optional), Attitude Stabilization, and perfect Flybarless System and Tail Gyro (Including Pirouette Compensation, Auto Trim, Suitable for Different Flying Styles, etc).Therefore, Naza-H has already been a good option as an autopilot system with GPS module and also a good FBL flight system.

Naza-H is the cheapest system with high cost performance as a good stabilization system with GPS and good Flybarless System.
Thanks for the clarification. So let me ask this question.... I can take off in Manual mode, flip over to Attitude mode for my flight (scale flight, not 3D), come back over the runway, flip back to manual mode, and land correct? Or I can simply stay in Attitude mode and fly the entire time that way?

Here's another question: If I takeoff and fly in Manual mode but suddenly find myself in an awkward orientation, can I flip the switch to Attitude mode and will the Naza-H stabilize the heli? I understand it won't necessarily be a position hold since I won't have the GPS but it will level the heli, correct? Because for my purposes, that's really all I'm looking for.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:01 PM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
852 Posts
Da*n. that sucks with no RTH. just ordered one to try out. i was thinking taht it was the same as my naza-m
bjornthans is offline Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fall is here in the north
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:06 PM
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Heiligenhaus
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Here's another question: If I takeoff and fly in Manual mode but suddenly find myself in an awkward orientation, can I flip the switch to Attitude mode and will the Naza-H stabilize the heli? I understand it won't necessarily be a position hold since I won't have the GPS but it will level the heli, correct? Because for my purposes, that's really all I'm looking for.
Thanks for bringing this up. That is exactly, what I am mostly interested in too. At least, from what I understood, one has to bring all sticks into an neutral position before switching to Atti or GPS, as any stick command on roll, nick and gear during switching will be taken as the new neutral position of the sticks. @DJI: BTW, what do you mean by Neutral-Position Recording?
Altix is offline Find More Posts by Altix
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:39 PM
Russian Federation, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
34 Posts
I ordered, I thought it would be with RTH like as in the Naza-M. Without this function - I disappointed...
Den978 is offline Find More Posts by Den978
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:54 PM
F550 Hex, Blade mQX
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Jun 2012
97 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. So let me ask this question.... I can take off in Manual mode, flip over to Attitude mode for my flight (scale flight, not 3D), come back over the runway, flip back to manual mode, and land correct? Or I can simply stay in Attitude mode and fly the entire time that way?

You have to be in manual mode to adjust the RPM. So, you do have to start and stop the motor via manual mode. BUT - you can spin up and then switch to ATT/GPS mode on the ground, and take off semi-automatically. This helps since you can leave all the sticks at neutral position very easily on the ground.

And yes, as long as it's not upside down or over 45 degrees, it will stabilize (or do it's best to). However, since it does not have a home heading feature, you do have to keep an eye on the direction of the craft.
Bearsa LLC is offline Find More Posts by Bearsa LLC
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:56 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,325 Posts
I just got confirmation that I will have one delivered to my doorstep tomorrow morning. I hate it when work gets in the way of my fun. It actually doesn't matter since my T500 is in Tahoe and I am in Vegas right now. Road Trip, well actually Air Trip, to get it. My wife is going to kill me if I keep bringing back stuff from Tahoe to our 1 BR Condo here. I guess I can put it under the bed. Dang addictions are rough. I hope to set it up soon. I continue to savor others experiences. Keep them coming!!!
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:24 AM
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Heiligenhaus
Joined Feb 2012
6 Posts
Just one more question to DJI: when can we expect a manual beside the quick start guide, just to learn a bit about the parameter on the assitant's first page (gains etc.)?
Altix is offline Find More Posts by Altix
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:40 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altix View Post
Just one more question to DJI: when can we expect a manual beside the quick start guide, just to learn a bit about the parameter on the assitant's first page (gains etc.)?
I agree with you. However, there are many similarities between the WKH and the Naza H. I would look here: http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/i...WooKong-H_Lite and glean what you can until they get up to speed.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:47 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsa LLC View Post
You have to be in manual mode to adjust the RPM. So, you do have to start and stop the motor via manual mode. BUT - you can spin up and then switch to ATT/GPS mode on the ground, and take off semi-automatically. This helps since you can leave all the sticks at neutral position very easily on the ground.

And yes, as long as it's not upside down or over 45 degrees, it will stabilize (or do it's best to). However, since it does not have a home heading feature, you do have to keep an eye on the direction of the craft.
Hmmm, this may not work for me if that's the way it has to learn the neutral position. The way I fly my scale helis is to first spool them up in Normal mode on the ground. Once the predetermined head speed is achieved, I feed in collective and lift the heli off the ground. I then flip into Idle Up 1 which is a slightly higher head speed and a slightly more agressive pitch curve (basically just a bit more +/- pitch than the Normal curve). Then I enter the pattern and fly in Idle Up 1 until it's time to land. Depending on the wind conditions, etc., my sticks aren't always centered during a hover. Or am I misunderstanding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I just got confirmation that I will have one delivered to my doorstep tomorrow morning. I hate it when work gets in the way of my fun. It actually doesn't matter since my T500 is in Tahoe and I am in Vegas right now. Road Trip, well actually Air Trip, to get it. My wife is going to kill me if I keep bringing back stuff from Tahoe to our 1 BR Condo here. I guess I can put it under the bed. Dang addictions are rough. I hope to set it up soon. I continue to savor others experiences. Keep them coming!!!
Great, glad to hear you've got one on the way. I can't wait to hear your experiences with it. Are you going to detail them in this thread or start a new one? And trust me, I know what it's like to have an addiction in this hobby.... 13 airplanes, three helis, two multirotors, and a new set of FatShark Dominator goggles on the way! Too much stuff!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:07 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,325 Posts
I think I will keep my comments here. There already too many threads on RCG dealing with the same thing. I don't have an ego to feed to have my name as a starter. If the weather is good this weekend I may not make the trip to pick up my 500 and fly my 550 with the WKH. I am also testing the Phantom quad so when I get a chance to fly I have more stuff to choose from than time to fly them. Looking at your stable looks like you are in the same boat,
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:06 AM
Joined Jul 2011
680 Posts
Video: Naza-H GPS Attitude Mode with Attitude Stabilization & Position Lock

The Video is for Naza-H GPS Attitude Mode with Attitude Stabilization & Position Lock.

DJI Naza-H GPS Atti.Mode with position lock (2 min 38 sec)
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:38 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
6,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
The Video is for Naza-H GPS Attitude Mode with Attitude Stabilization & Position Lock.

http://youtu.be/a8rYReqRH1k
Video looks good. So does the heli have to be in one mode all the time or can you flip between modes at will? It's going to be difficult for most pilots if the sticks have to be centered before entering a flight mode... most pilots set their helis up to have 0 pitch at center stick and helis don't hover at 0 pitch. At least that's how mine are set up.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:13 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Video looks good. So does the heli have to be in one mode all the time or can you flip between modes at will? It's going to be difficult for most pilots if the sticks have to be centered before entering a flight mode... most pilots set their helis up to have 0 pitch at center stick and helis don't hover at 0 pitch. At least that's how mine are set up.
Fom my understanding, centering the collective stick is not an issue. The system will lock into whatever RPM and altitude you have at the moment. The issue is the rudder and cyclic should be centered.

Basically just letting go and let the stick center themselves and then change modes.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted