HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:54 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Sidney, you stated that this feature, the Zen, is available on the Ace One, how about the WKH?? It has been along time since the WKH software/firmware has been updated. $1150 later and nothing for over a year. Whats up with that?? Are you going to discontinue the WKH in favor of the Naza H??
Hate to say this; there have been lots of products; new firmwares .... it takes time; but don't compare us to SK720 GPS.......

We have to slow down a little for the clones to catch up. I have not seen you flying the WKH, nothing. The hangar queen will eventually be replaced if you don't use it.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:00 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Hate to say this; there have been lots of products; new firmwares .... it takes time; but don't compare us to SK720 GPS.......

We have to slow down a little for the clones to catch up. I have not seen you flying the WKH, nothing. The hangar queen will eventually be replaced if you don't use it.
I have been using the Naza H on my 550. You have seen my stuff. I will move the Nazs H to my 500 and the WKH back to my 550. Back to you. I have two SK720's but no GPS. I am not planing to get one.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:00 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
TG I think that a separate build log here would be helpful. I posted on HeliFreak and there are several threads that are active there. Here is that link:

http://helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180
Thanks for that link, I will have a look though those at some point too..

I've got many questions, but will hold off asking them until I start my build as I may answer them as I go a long..

The one thing that has shown up is its a lot more different then a Naza-M then I thought there would be... I guess thinking about it, thats understandable as we are dealing with CP/servos and rotors in different orientations.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:08 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
The Naza H uses the new GUI so yes it is different. I think that once you are into it you will like it. It is similar to the Phantom GUI. If you have any questions, let me know.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:14 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Cheers and will do I'm sure.. I'm just waiting on my flybarless head and suitable pitch gauge to turn up.. And thought while I'm stripping it back down in to a pod and boom heli for a bit, I wanted to upgrade the Align ESC as its soft start was crap.
And may put this on Futaba and try out S-bus..
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:16 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Cheers and will do I'm sure.. I'm just waiting on my flybarless head and suitable pitch gauge to turn up.. And thought while I'm stripping it back down in to a pod and boom heli for a bit, I wanted to upgrade the Align ESC as its soft start was crap.
And may put this on Futaba and try out S-bus..
Right now I am using the stock Align esc, but I have a Jive that is ready to go.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:38 PM
Germany, lake of Konstanz
Joined Nov 2004
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
...DJI firmware upgrades are constant; two to three times a year on all the products.
Not really true. I have two WKHs and the last update is from November 2011 although there would be enough bugs to get fixed.
I also downloaded the Skookum manuals and they look much better than those of DJI. In summary the features of Skookum are more near to those needed by typical customers while WKH and also Ace One (and assume same for Naza H) make too much assumptions on how the pilot will handle them and some of them are just wrong.

After my Bell 222 has crashed with Wookong H (I thought taking off in GPS mode but was manual and didn't realize it soon enough and when, WKHH crashed it while switching back to GPS mode in air due to missing bail out function) I think I will sell one WKH and install a Skookum into my new build scale model.

Regards, Gerd
GerdS is offline Find More Posts by GerdS
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:49 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...g-h/downloads/

Jan 2012

Synergy E5 w/ DJI NAZA H maiden flight.mp4 (7 min 17 sec)
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:59 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Nice! When I took my video in post 163, I was at the field by myself, 15-21 mph winds.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:26 AM
Germany, lake of Konstanz
Joined Nov 2004
58 Posts
Ok, you're right, last was in January but this is also more than one year ago.

To show you e.g. my drifting problem, occurring with two Wookong Hs and one Ace One and on two different helicopters I have linked two of my videos which have also been sent to DJI for analysis, together with associated log data from Ace One. But DJI was not able to get any conclusions from the videos and data which I cannot understand as the drifting over that large distance must have been recorded at least for the GPS position.

Offboard video showing drifting in GPS+Atti mode

Happy drifting with Ace One as seen from my onboard FPV camera

And yes, all stick center positions are calibrated, all setup checked several times including through video conference with DJI.
There is absolutely no explanation available why such drifting can occur although GPS mode is active. Btw. there was almost no wind for both flights.

Regards, Gerd
GerdS is offline Find More Posts by GerdS
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:10 PM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Having issues getting my 450 to spool up using the NAZA-H, Futaba T8FG, and CC Ice 50. Heli powers but motor doesn't arm.

Any ideas? Hate that i just spent all this money and the components don't work together!
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:30 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Try to reverse your throttle channel. Mine showed correctly in Assistant but would not arm. Reversed the throttle and it worked fine.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:14 AM
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
jhebbel,
Use extreme caution here, do NOT reverse the throttle channel unless you are flying Futaba. If JR or Spektrum use normal. This is just like setting up any other Castle controller! Set controller to fixed throttle. Remove throttle plug from NAZA H and plug directly into the throttle channel of RX. Set both endpoints to 20, high and low in the TX. Put throttle at full, plug in battery. Slowly advance from 20 till the controller beeps- go 4 or 5 clicks more, and move stick to low throttle. Slowly advance from 20 till it arms. Go 4 or 5 clicks more, unplug battery. It is now set, hook back up to NAZA or set up your governer functions.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:16 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,644 Posts
Bill,

That did not work for me. But you are correct, caution is advised whenever setting end points on the esc. I am using the standard Align esc as a point of reference. I will never use a CC esc again since I had one catch on fire on my test bench. 4th of July with no fun.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:18 AM
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,323 Posts
Ed,
What didn't work for you? It is a standard thing, it doesn't change. Futaba=reversed, JR Spektrum = Normal. If setting your end points didn't work you're doing something wrong.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
RCG Plus Member