Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:43 AM
learning to crash Heli's
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Throttle hold?
That is the problem, the GPS failsafe over rides Throttle Hold. It keeps the throttle at whatever level it was when it was enabled and you can't change it until you get it out of GPS mode.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline Find More Posts by Thunder Fighter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:30 AM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
That is the problem, the GPS failsafe over rides Throttle Hold. It keeps the throttle at whatever level it was when it was enabled and you can't change it until you get it out of GPS mode.

//Dennis.
Yeah, I've got a Naza-M on my quad so I'm familiar with that. I guess what the poster is saying is his heli went into failsafe and he could not get it out of failsafe by flipping the switch? Nor could he trigger throttle hold? If he lost radio signal then the Naza-H worked exactly as designed, and there wasn't much he could do. But I can understand his questioning the fact that it didn't power down the main rotors once it got on the ground. How are you supposed to approach a heli to unplug the battery if your main rotors are whirling around?

His search for answers should start with the radio and receiver, if I'm understanding his problem.
Mike_Then is online now Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:58 AM
learning to crash Heli's
Melbourne
Joined Aug 2007
747 Posts
It could be there but it could also be a bug in the NAZA forcing it into Failsafe. The NAZA-H I was testing is on its way back to DJI after giving full negative collective while flying along in manual mode. I have checked everything and flown the heli since with another type of controller without issue so at this point I have to put my money on an issue with the NAZA in my case.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline Find More Posts by Thunder Fighter
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:28 PM
Cincinnati, OH USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4Rd3n View Post
Hi.

Failse does not take information of the barometer?
today, our heli fell into failsafe still on ground and the motor did not shut off! (T-REX 700!)
at this moment we were not able to regain control and minutes later the heli tipped over .....

damage blades, bearings, linkage... i am glad that that no more happened

did they really release those firmware with failsafe were you aren't able to cut off the motor? its more dangerous than safe !
You have to read the documentation: In GPS, ATTI or Failsafe modes, the controller locks in motor RPM. This is necessary to maintain altitude. You should not engage GPS, ATTI or Failsafe on the ground, and if you land on one of these modes, you have to click back to Manual mode to shut down the motor. The quick start guide makes this very clear.

The altimeter cannot be expected to tell the difference between hovering 1' off the ground and the skids planted on the ground. I don't know why you would test failsafe on the ground, but if I did, I'd have a means of cutting throttle. This is really dangerous.

Jim
Jim Ryan is offline Find More Posts by Jim Ryan
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:38 PM
Cincinnati, OH USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,961 Posts
Quote:
and what when you are not able to reestablish the connection?? wait until the batteries die?. programm it like 1 min hover and then land. during this time you have enough time to warn, move the persons under the heli.
The quick-start guide and setup wizard both make clear what happens in GPS and Failsafe modes. The heli does its best to stop right where it is and to stay there until you give it some other command, until control is re-established, or until the batteries die.

Auto-Land, Return to Home, etc are nice features, but they're found in GPS units costing considerably more than the Naza-H. The unit did (or attempted to do) exactly what it's programmed to do, and it's set up that way for a good reason. Since the unit is not set up to land autonomously, its next best option is to hover in place on the understanding that loss of control is usually momentary.

I'm still mystified as to how you lost control link with the heli parked on the ground and were unable to re-establish the link. Did no controls respond at all?

Jim
Jim Ryan is offline Find More Posts by Jim Ryan
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:13 AM
Italian flyer
Italy
Joined Mar 2008
26 Posts
Quote:
Hi.

Failse does not take information of the barometer?
today, our heli fell into failsafe still on ground and the motor did not shut off! (T-REX 700!)
at this moment we were not able to regain control and minutes later the heli tipped over .....

damage blades, bearings, linkage... i am glad that that no more happened

did they really release those firmware with failsafe were you aren't able to cut off the motor? its more dangerous than safe !
yes I'm afraid so.... need to be careful on Naza H FS ..it doesn't have it as opposed to WKH unit where it works (if you have the right TX) ........... have a look at my findings here about Naza H FS...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788756 post 9 , 11 & 12
pp32789 is offline Find More Posts by pp32789
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:25 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,674 Posts
Hey everyone how are you guys liking the Naza h? Is setup similar as the Naza m? I was thinking maybe I would like to use this on a Trex 550 and use it as a fun Fpv platform. What do u guys think?
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:56 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey everyone how are you guys liking the Naza h? Is setup similar as the Naza m? I was thinking maybe I would like to use this on a Trex 550 and use it as a fun Fpv platform. What do u guys think?
Actually while similar, it is different. I have it mounted on my Trex 550 and it flies well. I am still not a fan of FPV for single rotor helis especially a 550. Way too dangerous in my opinion. I have a friend that flew his 550 multi rotor into himself on his maiden flight. Damage, some tears to his coat. With a 550 heli it would have been much worse. Just my opinion.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:44 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,674 Posts
Well I'm plenty good at flying Fpv and judoka but yeah I think your right I wouldn't want something to happen and a 550 hit someone. Plus I'm remembering why I stopped buying helis now lol they are money pits lol.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:07 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Oct 2011
84 Posts
Hi folks, been reading this thread Im flying trex-600 and I just got the naza -h thinking that the naza -m works great on my quad. my question is that you take out the gyro so you use the naza's instead what tail servo do you use? just any servo?
thank for your help guys
countryshooter is offline Find More Posts by countryshooter
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:20 PM
Old enough to know better.
USA, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2008
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryshooter View Post
Hi folks, been reading this thread Im flying trex-600 and I just got the naza -h thinking that the naza -m works great on my quad. my question is that you take out the gyro so you use the naza's instead what tail servo do you use? just any servo?
thank for your help guys

You'll need to know the specs of your servos then check the last page of the quick start guide.
Here's a link to the servo data base, you'll find the specs of many but not all servos here.
http://www.servodatabase.com/
gpbill is offline Find More Posts by gpbill
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:57 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Oct 2011
84 Posts
Thanks you guys are great

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpbill View Post
You'll need to know the specs of your servos then check the last page of the quick start guide.
Here's a link to the servo data base, you'll find the specs of many but not all servos here.
http://www.servodatabase.com/
countryshooter is offline Find More Posts by countryshooter
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:43 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Test flight today, this thing is amazing!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Naza H Trex 550 Test Flight (0 min 18 sec)
badbill is online now Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Test flight today, this thing is amazing!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
I love to say I told you so!
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Wind today was 15 with gusts to 21mph!!

Bill Davenport