HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Nov 2012
34 Posts
Question
heli-max 1sq will not hover..

I have a heli-max 1SQ with Spektrum dx8 and Anylink setup. I have it set up per the instructions in the heli-Max and the Anylink manuals. The quad will not hover,,and the front left motor seems to not spin up to speed as the others. I have checked the motor to make sure the motor frame is not contacting the prop. has anyone got the same set-up,and can share some ideas as to correcting this problem?
klow351 is offline Find More Posts by klow351
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:04 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,300 Posts
Check through the other 1SQ thread. I had the same problem (as have a few others) with the front left motor not wanting to spin up. I think in my cases it was a programming error. also check the motors wires and make sure each motor is connected to the correct plug on the board.
antennahead is online now Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
34 Posts
What kind of programming error did you have? So your quad is flying well now?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:38 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,300 Posts
Im not really sure, mine was on a Futaba and I think I had the wrong swashplate style selected. but in the process of trying to get it to fly,I changed alot of settings. I had to clear out and reset the model memory, and start from scratch. I also puged in my front left motor into one of the other plugs on the board to check if it operated correct, and could have accidentaly plugged the motors all in the wrong slots, so once I Knew the programming right, I checked my motor plugs at the board and all of them were backwards. once sorted, It flew perfect right away.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:28 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,300 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1739348

I'm not to sure about spectrun programing, but put up a post in this thread and I'm sure someone with a spectrum radio can help. I know there's a few flying the 1SQ on a DX8.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Nov 2012
34 Posts
I finally figured out the setup on the Spektrum DX8. The Heli-Max instructons say to set it up as a heli,,using 90 degree swashplate setup. This setup does not work, I set the quad up in the DX8 as a 1servo normal swashplate. I also set the rudder, alieron, elevator as normal servo reverse,and the quad flies like a champ now...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:05 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,300 Posts
Fantastic!! I'm glad you got it sorted, now go have some fun!!