SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Multiplex Sonic Liner clone?
I'd strongly consider buying one 76 54.68%
I would possibly consider buying one 31 22.30%
no interest 29 20.86%
other thoughts- explain in your post 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoffa View Post
I have to tell you that flying this plane on long can speed 400's. With apc 6x4 and 3s lipo power there is no problem with the sonic liner except torque roll at launch. Climbs at 45 degrees and flies nice no bad habbits . What multiplex told me at the neat fair two years ago when i flew this there was thwt the kit got a bad rap for peoe reversing the elevator since its a canard. And without reinforcement even a modest power system caused the airframe to bend like a banana . It got a bad reputation and it cost $200 ten yewrs ago. Also. Walkera already cloned this once upon a time
I believe this...3s lipo power...much more voltage, much les weight.
Just be sure to keep spare motors on hand because they're not spec'd for that abuse.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
I was not telling people that their personal tastes are wrong. Again, I am just telling the facts, that the Sonicliner flopped and why it probably flopped.

I am sure there are some guys out there, who would buy one (depending on the price of course), but just not enough to start milling forms and start a re-production. I would be very surprised if proven wrong.

Jürgen
Youre just trolling me. You'll just keep moving the goal post because you want to be right. Your facts are wrong? No matter...it's some other reason.

Quote:
Correct, the Walkera DRAGONFLY - and it was no popular model either.

Jürgen
Case in point:
Oh, it was already cloned and it was a flop

There is scarcely a record of the Walkera Dragonfly! As a matter of fact, run a google image search for Walkera Dragonfly and you'll not find one image of it. I found an Wattflyer thread discussing it...by 2008, it was already years out of production!

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37585

Do you know that it didnt sell well? What years was this available? Where was it available? Not here as far as I know....

Quote:
Sure, but Ming cleverly picked a popular aircraft (7000+ delivered), i.e. there are x thousands of pilots and co-pilots around which probably would like a model of the aircraft they are flying plus millions of potential passengers who would like a model of the aircraft they are regularly flying with.

He also made the model much closer to scale than the fantasy Sonicliner, which appeals to a different group of modelers.

Jürgen
Oh...people do like airliners...just move the goal post again to only "certain" models.

You're adding nothing to this thread. Please move on.
Last edited by MRGTX; Nov 21, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Dec 2009
562 Posts
respectfully...

The motors have been in it. For 4 years and are working fine. Full throttle is only needed for launch. I do have a box of spares but honestly it will last practically forever at a rate of a few flights per year. And the weight of a 3s 3000mah pack is similar to an 1800 nimh one. Keeping flight times to 5 minutes avoids overheating completly

QUOTE=MRGTX;23328077]I believe this...3s lipo power...much more voltage, much les weight.
Just be sure to keep spare motors on hand because they're not spec'd for that abuse.[/QUOTE]
cgoffa is offline Find More Posts by cgoffa
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:16 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
There is scarcely a record of the Walkera Dragonfly! As a matter of fact, run a google image search for Walkera Dragonfly and you'll not find one image of it. ...
I had no problem with Google finding a picture:

http://www.google.de/imgres?um=1&hl=...88&tx=78&ty=28

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Oh...people do like airliners...just move the goal post again to only "certain" models.
Well, if you can't see the difference between a scale model of an existing airliner and a fantasy model, I can't help you.

Jürgen
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:27 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
This must have been a Euro only release since the English version of Google comes up with nothing.

Additionally, nobody on RCGroups seems to have gotten one.

Ignore the rest of my questions though beause clearly you dont know the answers.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:30 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
Quote:
Well, if you can't see the difference between a scale model of an existing airliner and a fantasy model, I can't help you.

Jürgen
If you dont know when to stop commenting, I can't help you.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,474 Posts
OK you guys, give it a rest and have a laugh over the wording of Jurgen's link:

"Main features: it is compact, and easy to operate with flexible and stable flying, adopt reality inside design. Let you feel in real airplane with safety system.
At the same time, two imported high-speed motor, two high efficiency screws. stable-add-speed IC board, vice blade and electric mixing controllor with up-down servo, all these help you to operate freely and enjoy the unimaginable rich happiness and make your childhood dream come true.
"

I don't know which is most funny, The Sonic Liner being "compact", or the concept of "unimaginable rich happiness"

Thanks for sharing that !
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Additionally, nobody on RCGroups seems to have gotten one.

Ignore the rest of my questions though beause clearly you dont know the answers.
My saying - the clone flopped as well. Maybe it never even made it into full production.

Which of your questions have not been answered?

Jürgen
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:18 AM
Hungary, Europe
Joined Feb 2009
106 Posts
Are you guys really polling about whether or not to steal something?????
Encouraging anyone interested in producing and commercially trading with a stolen clone???
Mind-blowing.
If you want to reverse engineer something, do it on your own computer and have the thing produced privately, just for yourself.
Pigeonflyer is offline Find More Posts by Pigeonflyer
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:02 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonflyer View Post
Are you guys really polling about whether or not to steal something?????
Encouraging anyone interested in producing and commercially trading with a stolen clone???
Mind-blowing.
If you want to reverse engineer something, do it on your own computer and have the thing produced privately, just for yourself.
I don't think anybody wants to steal anything here. There are just a few guys, who missed to buy a Multiplex Sonicliner when it was available und would like to get their hands on one now.

There was no huge demand for this model back then and there is no huge demand for this model now, i.e. most likely nobody will go through the expensive process of making those big moulds for production.

Some guys still manage to buy an occasional original kit, mostly via ebay.

In order to help those who seem "desperate" to get such a kit, I posted a question in the German RC-Network:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...es-noch-welche

Jürgen
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:41 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
Quote:
I don't think anybody wants to steal anything here. There are just a few guys, who missed to buy a Multiplex Sonicliner when it was available und would like to get their hands on one now.

There was no huge demand for this model back then and there is no huge demand for this model now, i.e. most likely nobody will go through the expensive process of making those big moulds for production.

Some guys still manage to buy an occasional original kit, mostly via ebay.

In order to help those who seem "desperate" to get such a kit, I posted a question in the German RC-Network:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...es-noch-welche

Jürgen
Don't speak for me or the rest of us who would like to obtain this kit. Even your freund in the German forum aknowledges that there was a global distribution problem.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:44 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
Quote:
My saying - the clone flopped as well. Maybe it never even made it into full production.

Which of your questions have not been answered?

Jürgen
Please pass along the sales numbers and any information about the distribution and availability of the Dagonfly clone. You somehow know that it "flopped" so you must have knowledge of this.

I'm fairly certain that this clone was not readily available in North America at the very least.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:51 AM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
here is a question for you jurgen. does multiplex still have the moulds to make the plane again? if they do, why cant they make a limited # of these things and see what happens. if the planes were made again in limited quanity each with their own serial#.fliers and collectors would be all over this thing.
BLAZE WON is offline Find More Posts by BLAZE WON
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Don't speak for me or the rest of us who would like to obtain this kit. Even your freund in the German forum aknowledges that there was a global distribution problem.
There wasn't a "global distribution problem". It is just a kit which has been discontinued for years, was not a big seller and therefore hard to find. That's all.

Jürgen