HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Multiplex Sonic Liner clone?
I'd strongly consider buying one 75 54.35%
I would possibly consider buying one 31 22.46%
no interest 29 21.01%
other thoughts- explain in your post 3 2.17%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:25 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,853 Posts
Quote:
The world needs China to make a copy of the MPX Sonic Liner! What do you think?
My interest's for a Sonic Liner passed a few years ago,and so I sold mine off to a buddy.
AB1
Over And Out.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Last edited by AirBornOne; Jan 30, 2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Moving on from this inanity...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:55 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
1,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
In my case, the "pork" was one of the latest UMX AS3X models.

Jürgen
Perhaps so ,still ,...against a backdrop of a box that may be empty is hardly "proof".I'm a bit of a pack rat myself and can produce boxes of a number of different products used over the years ,many of them re-used to store other items un-related to their original contents including a Sonic Liner box.
daddiozz is online now Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:18 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
Perhaps so ,still ,...against a backdrop of a box that may be empty is hardly "proof".I'm a bit of a pack rat myself and can produce boxes of a number of different products used over the years ,many of them re-used to store other items un-related to their original contents including a Sonic Liner box.
Well, just because you are a bit of a "pack rat" (your words ), does not make me one. So far, everything I said was true. Will a daily newspaper on the opened Sonic Liner kit "shut you up" - or are you just trolling?

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is online now Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:27 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Well, just because you are a bit of a "pack rat" (your words ), does not make me one. So far, everything I said was true. Will a daily newspaper on the opened Sonic Liner kit "shut you up" - or are you just trolling?

Jürgen
I got reported for suggesting that your words were trolling, Jurgen. You'd better stop there!
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:38 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
I got reported for suggesting that your words were trolling, Jurgen. You'd better stop there!
Why should I stop here? Au contraire. Let's settle this once and for all.

Somebody "accused" me of being a liar and I will prove him wrong. It is that simple.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:50 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,920 Posts
Quote:

Somebody "accused" me of being a liar and I will prove him wrong. It is that simple.

Jürgen
I got the impression that he was just joking around... or "ribbing" you. Do you think anyone really cares that much?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:02 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
1,981 Posts
Quote:
I got the impression that he was just joking around... or "ribbing" you. Do you think anyone really cares that much?
I certainly don't.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,739 Posts
Quote:
What is the difference between repeated "joking" and "ribbing" and widespread trolling? If that's all he can do, he can do it in another subforum.

As some of his posts have been reported (and it was not me), there must be at least two people who care.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:05 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
1,981 Posts
Quote:

Jürgen
No one ,including myself ;has accused you of anything.If you feel a need to prove something however ,thats on you .
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
No one ,including myself ;has accused you of anything.If you feel a need to prove something however ,thats on you .
You can't even remember what you posted yesterday?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=419

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=429

... and suddenly you are "backpaddling" like crazy.

Jürgen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Jan 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:26 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,920 Posts
Quote:
What is the difference between repeated "joking" and "ribbing" and widespread trolling? If that's all he can do, he can do it in another subforum.

As some of his posts have been reported (and it was not me), there must be at least two people who care.

Jürgen
I will give you credit for one thing- you know how to say what you want to say without technically breaking the rules. We should all take a lesson from you on how to upset people and not get censored for it.

Usually, Arguing over opinions is a healthy and engaging thing to do. Trying to remain within the constraints of the forum rules requires a whole different kind of experience and skills.

You have stated some observations, counter arguments were offered, you told us that we were wrong, we respond and get reported. It's a frustrating pattern and it has badly detereorated what might have been an engaging discussion but it is what it is.

I do take issue with trying to frame daddiozz' joke into an attack on you...you have already gotten him "punished" (though I don't think he cares). Can't you just laugh about it?

As for the original topic, it's pretty clear that you don't WANT the SL to be cloned. Why?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:46 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Charlottenlund
Joined Jan 2012
1,243 Posts
Quote:
(edit)...As for the original topic, it's pretty clear that you don't WANT the SL to be cloned. Why?
I never got the impression that Jürgen doesn't WANT the SL to be cloned (or re-released by Multiplex). I think he simply argued that there is too little demand for a new SL.

And - no matter how much I like my own SL - I think he is right about that
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:27 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,739 Posts
Quote:
I will give you credit for one thing- you know how to say what you want to say without technically breaking the rules. We should all take a lesson from you on how to upset people and not get censored for it.
As for the original topic, it's pretty clear that you don't WANT the SL to be cloned. Why?
Don't you think that "Censorship" is the wrong word here?

This is a public forum and the owner of the forum has set up some basic rules. By becoming a member, you agree to respect these rules. You break them and you will get a warning. Quite simple, isn't it?

Check for yourself: I never wrote in this thread, that I don't want the Sonic Liner to be cloned. All I provided is some valid reasons, why it is most likely not going to happen - unless 3D printing becomes way cheaper and everybody can print the model he (or she) wants.

Jürgern
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:03 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Don't you think that "Censorship" is the wrong word here?

This is a public forum and the owner of the forum has set up some basic rules. By becoming a member, you agree to respect these rules. You break them and you will get a warning. Quite simple, isn't it?

Check for yourself: I never wrote in this thread, that I don't want the Sonic Liner to be cloned. All I provided is some valid reasons, why it is most likely not going to happen - unless 3D printing becomes way cheaper and everybody can print the model he (or she) wants.

Jürgern
Right. I'd make a reference to some of my posts that were censored and how agressively (and strangely) the rules were applied...Conversely, I have noted where your comments were intended to evoke an emotional response (a clear violation of the rules) but were allowed to slide. Amazingly, I was recently admonished for even discussing the topic of moderation so I'll stop there...that was a rule I didn't know about.

Anyway, I hope that I figure "the game" out as well as you have when I reach your level of posts! You have put in a big time commitment here.

So I think you're telling an "incomplete truth" with your claims about your purpose here (choosing words carefully so I don't get banned).

You stated reasons why it didn't sell, 8-10 years back and were taken to task on why those reasons for the poor sales may no longer apply. That should have been your exit. You made your anecdotal points and they would have been taken under advisement...but you fought on because (I think) you don't want it to be reissued. Just my impression.

The passing idea for this thread occurred to me after reading the "extinct MPX" thread (where most folks seem interested in obtaining one) and the massive threads on the Bixler, etc. Incredible how it turned into this mess.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:37 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
1,981 Posts
Quote:
You can't even remember what you posted yesterday?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=419

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=429

... and suddenly you are "backpaddling" like crazy.

Jürgen
Backpaddling ?Seriously ?..I presented a scenario ,whereupon someone could provide irrefutable proof of claims made .Crazy? yeah something crazy is afoot alright ,but nothing I did.

BTW ,"pack rat" is not a derogatory term but rather a term to describe someone who doesn't throw away items they deem to have a possible future use ,...such as sturdy cardboard boxes that can be re-used for other purposes...or obsolete but fully functional r/c parts that might one day prove useful again..