HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Multiplex Sonic Liner clone?
I'd strongly consider buying one 76 54.68%
I would possibly consider buying one 31 22.30%
no interest 29 20.86%
other thoughts- explain in your post 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:34 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Pretty weird thoughts.
Why would someone keep an untouched kit in the first place?unless to preserve it as a possible collectors item down the road....the pieces finally come together .Someone mass producing a viable clone and flooding the market with them would negate or at the very least significantly diminish the originals collectibility.Nice work getting to the bottom of Jurg's comments ,MRGTX...

A recent death in the family ,settling the estate and other issues pertaining to a business restructuring have precluded my build on the mini-liner ,but I shall pick up where I left off before too long.
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:40 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
That's no how the view counter works. Every time you open this thread, change the page or refresh it, counts as a view. Haven't you noticed the reduced growth in views since I have stopped taking part in this discussion?

Jürgen
Actually I noticed a significant increase in the view traffic after you left the discussion...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:07 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
Actually I noticed a significant increase in the view traffic after you left the discussion...
Well, let's have a look at the facts:

>6000 views from 20. November to 31. December, i.e. approx. 150 views/day.
Approx. 1000 views from 01. January to 20. January equals approx. 50 views/day.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:20 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Why would someone keep an untouched kit in the first place?unless to preserve it as a possible collectors item down the road ...
If I see an interesting model or a real bargain, I consider buying it in order to build it at a later date. Currently I have about 20 kits stored away.

Jürgen
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:08 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,894 Posts
Quote:
If I see an interesting model or a real bargain, I consider buying it in order to build it at a later date. Currently I have about 20 kits stored away.

Jürgen
20 kits, that's cute.
J
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:07 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,596 Posts
Quote:
What makes you think that "I would have a personal vendetta against the Sonic Liner? I never wrote anything negative against the model and I have an untouched kit in my collection.

Jürgen
Did you ever fly one of the Sonic Liners, and if so, what do you think of it? ( PS: I did NOT get the impression that you are campaigning against the model)

I am very pleased with mine - It flies nice and stable, is quite immune to wind, and goes pretty fast. With counter rotating props, and decent brushless thrust, it's even non-eventful to launch
mike_o is online now Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
Did you ever fly one of the Sonic Liners, and if so, what do you think of it? ( PS: I did NOT get the impression that you are campaigning against the model) ...
I have not flown a Sonic Liner yet. When I bought my kit, I was considering to modify it for Indoor flying - as I have done with the Twin-Jet, the Robbe Concorde and the FunJet.

Jürgen
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:07 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
I have not flown a Sonic Liner yet. When I bought my kit, I was considering to modify it for Indoor flying - as I have done with the Twin-Jet, the Robbe Concorde and the FunJet.

Jürgen
Why mod it? According to an earlier phase of your campaign, the stock configuration lacked nothing.
MRGTX is online now Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
A recent death in the family ,settling the estate and other issues pertaining to a business restructuring have precluded my build on the mini-liner ,but I shall pick up where I left off before too long.
Sorry about your loss.
Keep us posted on your build. You have a great start.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:58 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Why mod it? According to an earlier phase of your campaign, the stock configuration lacked nothing.
You may want to read my post again. I was talking about modifications for Indoor flying, something the original model was not designed for.

Jürgen
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
You may want to read my post again. I was talking about modifications for Indoor flying, something the original model was not designed for.

Jürgen
I did miss that... and I think that's a great idea. I think I remember your indoor Funjet.

If you do modify your Sonic Liner to fly indoors, it will clearly have to be for your own amusement since nobody cares about the model.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:10 PM
Lou
Well, that should buff out.
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,783 Posts
Quote:
I did miss that... and I think that's a great idea. I think I remember your indoor Funjet.

If you do modify your Sonic Liner to fly indoors, it will clearly have to be for your own amusement since nobody cares about the model.
Found anyone to produce this kit again?
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:59 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,066 Posts
I don't think there's any malice associated with Jurgen's posts; his opinions are interesting, they're just not always right.
GoatZilla is online now Find More Posts by GoatZilla
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:34 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla View Post
I don't think there's any malice associated with Jurgen's posts; his opinions are interesting, they're just not always right.
Nothing wrong with having different opinions, however it gets tricky when someone does not want to accept hard facts.

Jürgen
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:25 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:

Jürgen
Those must be some modifications if the intent is to fly indoors,...unless the indoor venue is a blimp hangar or enclosed stadium.
Last edited by daddiozz; Jan 23, 2013 at 01:31 AM.