HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Multiplex Sonic Liner clone?
I'd strongly consider buying one 76 54.68%
I would possibly consider buying one 31 22.30%
no interest 29 20.86%
other thoughts- explain in your post 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:32 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Of course it has been done many times. Just an example:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537971

Jürgen
gotta love it,the man says its been done many times ,but the only example he presents isnt even close...
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
daddiozz, now youre getting me confused. MRGTX asks if anyone put canards on a twinjet and jurgen puts up a picture of a twinjet with canards and you claim its not even close? it looks like a twinjet with canards to me. i dont know, maybe im wrong.
BLAZE WON is offline Find More Posts by BLAZE WON
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:20 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE WON View Post
daddiozz, now youre getting me confused. MRGTX asks if anyone put canards on a twinjet and jurgen puts up a picture of a twinjet with canards and you claim its not even close? it looks like a twinjet with canards to me. i dont know, maybe im wrong.
My bad,I thought the point was supposed to be a sonic liner substitute modifying a twin jet to resemble an SL...Jurgen's example doesnt look anything like an SL even if one squinted at it really hard...

on the other hand ,if one were to visit the canard forum...there are several planes there ,that while not exact matches to the SL ,a few come close ,closer than Jurgens example anyway.....ok maybe not the mickey duck...
Last edited by daddiozz; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
My bad,I thought the point was supposed to be a sonic liner substitute modifying a twin jet to resemble an SL...Jurgen's example doesnt look anything like an SL even if one squinted at it really hard...

on the other hand ,if one were to visit the canard forum...there are several planes there ,that while not exact matches to the SL ,a few come close ,closer than Jurgens example anyway.....ok maybe not the mickey duck...
you just said it in 40 words. the sonic liner was made by multiplex, they discontinued the plane. who knows, another company might make a copy of the plane but it wont be a sonic liner. i think that the people that still have a perfect example of this plane, unbuilt in the original box are probablly holding the most collectable of all multiplex planes. just my humble opinion.
BLAZE WON is offline Find More Posts by BLAZE WON
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
you just said it in 40 words. the sonic liner was made by multiplex, they discontinued the plane. who knows, another company might make a copy of the plane but it wont be a sonic liner. i think that the people that still have a perfect example of this plane, unbuilt in the original box are probablly holding the most collectable of all multiplex planes. just my humble opinion.
You are probably right ,but $300 for a naked fuse? aint happenin...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:07 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps I can help here :

You are not wrong. MRGTX asked for a Twin-Jet with canards and that's exactly what I provided. I could even provide pictures of Multiplex Micro-Jets with canards, with artificial stability, lighting systems, fake afterburners etc.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
i think that the people that still have a perfect example of this plane, unbuilt in the original box are probablly holding the most collectable of all multiplex planes. just my humble opinion.
Well, it was still available on 26. Nov. 2012 at a shop in Switzerland:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=140

Somebody "snatched" probably the last available "deluxe kit" (with ESC, servos, batterie etc.) for approx. $215.-

Because it was not a very popular model, it might become a wanted collectors item.

Jürgen
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:22 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
...:d
Last edited by daddiozz; Dec 14, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps I can help here :

You are not wrong. MRGTX asked for a Twin-Jet with canards and that's exactly what I provided. I could even provide pictures of Multiplex Micro-Jets with canards, with artificial stability, lighting systems, fake afterburners etc.

Jürgen
Sounds like fun!
How do they handle?

Probably a topic for a different thread...

My only plane so far with functional canards was the 90mm Freewing Eurofighter and it was hard to isolate the effects of the canards since it had VT as well...but that plane handled great. I sold it at the NEAT last September but I'm thinking about buying another.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Well, it was still available on 26. Nov. 2012 at a shop in Switzerland:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=140

Somebody "snatched" probably the last available "deluxe kit" (with ESC, servos, batterie etc.) for approx. $215.-

Because it was not a very popular model, it might become a wanted collectors item.

Jürgen
So we have already been over this but we don't know how popular the Sonic Liner would have been if it was given full circulation...or released at a time when high performance powersystems were affordable.

Also, non-desirable things seldom become collectors' items. The current desirability of the few remaining un-built kits says it all.

I couldn't afford to import that one but I gave it serious though.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
Germany, NRW, Wiehl
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
Hey guys, i just bought a 2nd SonicLiner!
My 1st one is a bit damaged... so i need a new one.
I attached 2 Pics of it, so have a look and enjoi with me!

greets

Onno
Magic Onno is offline Find More Posts by Magic Onno
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
So we have already been over this but we don't know how popular the Sonic Liner would have been if it was given full circulation...or released at a time when high performance powersystems were affordable.
The Sonicliner was at least available all over Europe and the USA as well. It just was not very popular.
It did not need a high performance power system. Those who wanted more power could have easily upgraded the model to Speed 480 Race, AP 29 or even Permax 450.

Jürgen
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Dec 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: second "not" replaced by "very"
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:06 PM View Post
MRGTX
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while MRGTX edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Onno View Post
Hey guys, i just bought a 2nd SonicLiner!
My 1st one is a bit damaged... so i need a new one.
I attached 2 Pics of it, so have a look and enjoi with me!

greets

Onno
Gorgeous plane, great paint job.

It's too bad nobody likes these planes.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:49 PM View Post
MRGTX
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while MRGTX edits it. Show it to me anyway.