HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,255 Posts
sorry!! i was wrong, after 15 minutes, the tissue get very very milky! .... i know, the second coat will give a nice finish.
colibriguitars is online now Find More Posts by colibriguitars
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:14 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,416 Posts
It looks pretty good to me CG. I know ou will be comparing it with a tissue finish without the doculam, it will look a bit different but the small "vanes" as you call them won't be noticed when the model is flying! I like your pilot, a very handsome guy!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:20 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,416 Posts
CG you are a craftsman of the highest order. Love the colour scheme and your lettering. It shouldn't be too long now, I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole model. I am always happy when someone builds one of my designs, but especially happy when they make such an outstanding job of it - better than the original. Great job.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:06 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,416 Posts
She looks great Rodrigo. It is also going to be lighter than mine, which is 450 grams. I hope your motor soon arrives. Did you order the motor and lipo together? Reason I ask is that lipos from Hobbyking are shipped by a different route, due to carriers regulations, and often take longer than an order with no lipos on it.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sundancer; Dec 12, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:59 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Nov 2010
617 Posts
Hey George, this bloke's a bit good isn't he? what a lovely looking model, every so often someone cracks a colour scheme that looks just right and this is one of them. Well done CG!. I've noticed that all the lipos that come here in Aussie from Hobbyking come via Swissair, I think they're the only ones prepared to transport them!
kkphantom is offline Find More Posts by kkphantom
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,255 Posts
Hi George, i ordered lipos..
and they are coming by Swisspost, with one stop in Germany (i think so). but the good think is another stuff is coming. so... can you help me choosing my next plane?
my next motor is an 16 grams brushless, suitable for something about 220 grams. Any idea?
see you arround. letīs finish the covering stuff and instal the pushrods.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:22 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,416 Posts
Hi CG. Since your last three models have been two high wing and one biplane how about a low wing for a change? This is a good one and would be the right size for your motor http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&postnum=6812 it is in the second post (#6812) on the page.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:18 AM
Sic itur ad Astra
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Joined Aug 2009
1,603 Posts
Really like the progress and results with your Tomtit CG. I agree with KK about the colour scheme too, then again I do own a KTM motorcycle in the same colours so maybe i'm a little biassed.

sparks
sparks59 is offline Find More Posts by sparks59
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,255 Posts
Thanks George!! does this plane enter in the britkit?

i like it!!!Š itīs like a Frog Raven... with diferent wings.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,416 Posts
Yes CG, the Wee Snifter would be a perfect entry for the new Britplan build off which will be starting on 1st January 2013. Glad you like it, it's a very attractive little model and will make an ideal conversion to electric R/C
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,255 Posts
Hi Guys, now is almost ready to fly! until that, wait! hope one more week to arrive the motor. so... letīs rebuild my tomboy who has been damages to many times, and those fixes on field just for keep flying are not good!

Now i have to open a new threat: How to build a bigger wall... there is no space for more planes....