Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:58 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,580 Posts
Discussion
Mr. Obama's New Plan for Taxing the Rich

50% tax on everything about income about $1,000,000 a year in income. There will be a chance to used any donations to the DNC as a tax credit for twice the amount donated, not to exceed the annual income.

Sound about like something Mr. Obama would actually consider knowing how much he hates the rich. Thing is he loves liberalism even more.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
link?
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:06 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,580 Posts
Sausage?

Chain?

Grant?

Or was this how Mr. Obama decided who got the "green" stimulus money?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:30 PM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Sausage?

Chain?

Grant?

Or was this how Mr. Obama decided who got the "green" stimulus money?
All the big green grants (With what was done you can't call them loans.) went to those that made large contributions to the Messiah Obama.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Apr 2008
77 Posts
So, another round of BS. Thanks.
My supply of "tears of impotent rage" was running low.
Rufcut is offline Find More Posts by Rufcut
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:41 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,580 Posts
The next 4 years will provide much comedic material. Unfortunately most of it will be funny because of the truths associated with Mr. Obama.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
The next 4 years will provide much comedic material. Unfortunately most of it will be funny because of the truths associated with Mr. Obama.

Oooh oooh ooh, I know!!! Like his birth certificate! Am I doing this right?
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
only 50%? Once you're past the moral hurdle of agreeing that half of someone's own property should be taken by the State, why not 60, 70, 80, 99%? Just imagine how much capital you can intercept and perform zero sum transfers at a loss with, before it even gets invested in what markets actually want!
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:20 AM
Fetus Destroyer
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2009
127 Posts
When 400 people have more money than the entire lower class combined.... That's not right.

If I were Obama, I would simply clean out those 400 people. Easier said than done though.
KiwiNATOR is offline Find More Posts by KiwiNATOR
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:34 AM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiNATOR View Post
When 400 people have more money than the entire lower class combined.... That's not right.

If I were Obama, I would simply clean out those 400 people. Easier said than done though.
...and the ripple effect would be catastrophic. But feel-good trash seems to ignore little things like "reality" and "consequences"...
WingNut64 is offline Find More Posts by WingNut64
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:44 AM
Fetus Destroyer
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post
...and the ripple effect would be catastrophic. But feel-good trash seems to ignore little things like "reality" and "consequences"...
It's a handful of people who are sitting on massive wealth... The wealthiest 400 Americans have the same combined wealth as the poorest half of Americans -- over 150 million people. I'm just kind of fantasizing here, imagine what it would be like if they disappeared and suddenly our national debt was paid off?

Wealth and income inequality today is by far the worst in the industrialized world and has fallen in line with many Third World countries.

They call our system "trickle-up economics."
KiwiNATOR is offline Find More Posts by KiwiNATOR
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:19 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
291 Posts
Quote:
It's a handful of people who are sitting on massive wealth... The wealthiest 400 Americans have the same combined wealth as the poorest half of Americans -- over 150 million people. I'm just kind of fantasizing here, imagine what it would be like if they disappeared and suddenly our national debt was paid off?

Wealth and income inequality today is by far the worst in the industrialized world and has fallen in line with many Third World countries.

But they leave us their crumbs...
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:24 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:13 AM
Santo, Tx. La Tierra de Dios
Joined Nov 2005
149 Posts
Quote:

Why don't you leave?
Whizz is offline Find More Posts by Whizz
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:29 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,271 Posts
Quote:

Like it or not, it's the "rich" people who give the "poor" people jobs.

PS your numbers are way off. If you taxed the "400 richest" at 100%, you'd balance the budget for a single year. You won't even come close to paying off the National Debt.

Yeah, here we go.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/luisakro...le-in-america/
Quote:
The combined net worth of the 2012 class of the 400 richest Americans is $1.7 trillion, up from $1.5 trillion a year ago.
Yup, just barely balance the budget.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy