HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:36 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,708 Posts
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; May 07, 2013 at 11:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:52 AM
Still crashing my CP's
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,508 Posts
Content Removed due to the fact that I do not agree with forum policy
here, and do not want them generating profit with my content.
Steve_ is online now Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Apr 21, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:54 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
well it seems i took one for the team just got my used hausler 450 it has a cracked frame the tx is so messed up which the guy didn't include the damn cable nor the battery charger so i really don't know if the thing works right or not things like this just make me wanna throw away my two heli's and get out of the hobby
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:28 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jan 2013
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
I've flown with weights from the stock 58.5 grains all the way down to my current 9 grains and haven't had the problem that you describe. Others on this thread have also lightened their weights and no one has mentioned any problem (other than reduced stability, if that can be considered a problem.)
Thanks. Yeah, it must have flown okay when I first modded it, or I would have noticed it sooner. I think I put it away for a while (possibly after a wreck, or just to fly planes), and when I came back, it was acting up noticeably.

Still a bit odd that the stock flybar would "fix" (or at least mask) the problem.

Probably a servo or control rod issue. I'll reset it all from the ground up and see what happens. Maybe even swap the servos and see what happens.

After a few weeks with my 450, this one doesn't seem as intimidating.
gsking is offline Find More Posts by gsking
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Dec 2012
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweenie View Post
well it seems i took one for the team just got my used hausler 450 it has a cracked frame the tx is so messed up which the guy didn't include the damn cable nor the battery charger so i really don't know if the thing works right or not things like this just make me wanna throw away my two heli's and get out of the hobby
if you have a 9x, just bind it to that
resago is offline Find More Posts by resago
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by resago View Post
if you have a 9x, just bind it to that
the problem is this is my first owned 6 chan heli and the only bat charger i have is for a two cell so i can't even charge the battery and have no funds atm to get one im tapped out
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:44 PM
Build the Weapon....
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by resago View Post
I've done both. the bounciness of the zip tie set up a horrible oscillation of the fly-bar cause a huge TBE into the ground tail first. there needs to be dampening like an oil shock, not a constant elastic bounce.
that was my experience anyway....
Thanks for your feedback, your experience does not sound all that encouraging.

I have rubber o rings that might act as a dampening force, plus I can probably experiment with different distances under the flybar, but not holding my hopes and will report back once my motor arrives.
Laidback_racer is offline Find More Posts by Laidback_racer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Dec 2012
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweenie View Post
the problem is this is my first owned 6 chan heli and the only bat charger i have is for a two cell so i can't even charge the battery and have no funds atm to get one im tapped out
you're going to want the i6 charger anyway to make sure your batteries aren't being abused or becoming unbalanced.

as far as the cable, I may have an extra here soon, I could send you if you still need it.I'll post when the extra comes in.

Every hausler rtf comes with that wire, post in the classifieds that you need that wire someone is bound to have a few extra lying around.
maybe ask in the hausler thread.
resago is offline Find More Posts by resago
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:39 PM
Still crashing my CP's
Joined Nov 2012
3,508 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Apr 21, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:00 PM
Build the Weapon....
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
From what I can see in the pic the mixing arms on the MJX-F645 are offset when looking at the pivot point. That would lesson the movement up to down from the flybar perhaps. I noticed the V912 mixing arm is the same.

If you look at both birds from the side, is the maximum angle of the flybar the same?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:16 PM
Still crashing my CP's
Joined Nov 2012
3,508 Posts
9116 Mixing Arms

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Apr 21, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:21 PM
Build the Weapon....
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
I did notice this:

All of the helicopters that share the 9116 head design use
offset mixing arms.

I wonder if every other manufacturer knows something that
Double Horse does not?

See photos:
Interesting, I wonder if the V912 arms will fit. Might order some.

Have a set from Banggood ordered. Lead time looks long tho with their New Year thing. $1.00 delivered.
Last edited by Laidback_racer; Feb 05, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:26 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,708 Posts
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; May 07, 2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:37 PM
Build the Weapon....
Australia, VIC, Berwick
Joined Jan 2013
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Mixing arms determine input bias. The long arm has to travel a long way to have much influence on the short arm; the converse is also true. Don't forget to include the latency. So, if the long arm is on the flybar and short arm is on the head, the flybar can't retard head movement as much.
Could you explain the physics of latency in relation to the flybar, I am not understanding?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:42 PM
Jeff Carlson
St. Paul, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2008
38 Posts
Hi Guys..........just an update from last and thanks again for all your replies and help. The vendor I puchased from is sending a new TX, at least thats the note I received on ebay.

Next, I have a question, regarding the PCBs, if and when I have to replace my pcb, am I going to have to do soldering??? because it looks like in the photos online of replacement 9116 pcbs that there are no battery leads connected...........I hate soldering and am not very good at it..............but it looks like I may no choice but to learn and get good at it !
JMCarlson is offline Find More Posts by JMCarlson