Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:51 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdigiovabc View Post
I already have my 9x ...
I really like the 9x and it controls the WL products very well. The er9x firmware modification that I is a must (in my opinion). I have added a backlight to the 9x as well as a 2650mah 1c lipo for the transmitter (no longer buying batteries for Tx). I have purchased a 9-1 wireless adapter for the 9x where I'm able to use my 9x Tx on flight simulators. The device has a USB port that you plug into your computer and then you hook up a Turnigy receiver to it and you are no longer tethered to a a TX. The added advantage is that you get to use the 9x as your simulator Tx instead of a mickey mouse tethered Tx. I have already set it up and have tested it out on demo software. I have ordered Phoenix RC 4 and just have to go across the border into the USA to pick it up.
All useful transformations to the 9x in fact.
But sometimes you have to cut the expenses.
So the er9x mod isn't really a must as long as you stay with 4ch bricked RX / RTF models.
Backlight - nice but not necessary - I don't even look at the display when flying - there is simply no time to do that when flying a BL micro CP heli.

Only feature I found really useful and worth the money was the detachable module of a real TH9x as I use 3 different modules (and 4th on the way) for my different models.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:16 PM
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Feb 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
All useful transformations to the 9x in fact.
But sometimes you have to cut the expenses.
So the er9x mod isn't really a must as long as you stay with 4ch bricked RX / RTF models.
Backlight - nice but not necessary - I don't even look at the display when flying - there is simply no time to do that when flying a BL micro CP heli.

Only feature I found really useful and worth the money was the detachable module of a real TH9x as I use 3 different modules (and 4th on the way) for my different models.

-mike-
The er9x mod is a must in my opinion for 2 reasons:
1) you can have it warn you that the Tx is still on - that way you won't kill your batteries. With the er9x firmware you can set the inactivity time before it warns you that the Tx is still on.
2) you can eliminate the annoying beep every time you press a key on the TX while you are setting it up. The beep is very loud and can be heard throughout the house.

I agree that backlight is not necessary when you are flying. However, I find it very handy when I'm in my home and I have to make some changes or do the initial setup and I can clearly see what I`m doing. Maybe you young fellows don`t need it as much as us but for me the $4.95 was worth it. NOTE: If you have the ability to flash the er9x, then you can do all of the configuration settings on your computer and you don`t need the backlight. However if you don`t have the er9x firmware then you are stuck using the unlit LCD display.
Mdigiovabc is offline Find More Posts by Mdigiovabc
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:18 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,344 Posts
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; May 08, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:32 PM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,696 Posts
Content Removed due to the fact that I do not agree with forum policy
here, and do not want them generating profit with my content.
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Apr 21, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:37 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdigiovabc View Post
The er9x mod is a must in my opinion for 2 reasons:
1) you can have it warn you that the Tx is still on - that way you won't kill your batteries. With the er9x firmware you can set the inactivity time before it warns you that the Tx is still on.
2) you can eliminate the annoying beep every time you press a key on the TX while you are setting it up. The beep is very loud and can be heard throughout the house.

I agree that backlight is not necessary when you are flying. However, I find it very handy when I'm in my home and I have to make some changes or do the initial setup and I can clearly see what I`m doing. Maybe you young fellows don`t need it as much as us but for me the $4.95 was worth it. NOTE: If you have the ability to flash the er9x, then you can do all of the configuration settings on your computer and you don`t need the backlight. However if you don`t have the er9x firmware then you are stuck using the unlit LCD display.
I didn't say the er9x isn't convenient or hasn't useful options.
I'm using these by myself.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:20 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
im about to the point of just sending my 9116 to the trash....The damn thing won't fly for crap...There is a light breeze i mean light the tree limbs arnt really moving..The 9116 will hover ok but soon as you give it input its all over the place backwards side to side some times nose down hauling ass.....Earlier i was so pissed at it i just let go of the sticks and let it fly backwards in a circle,well till it crashed into the side of our storage building..
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joined Dec 2012
385 Posts
Heh I just stripped out all three of my no name servos that came in the hausler, guess they couldn't stand the strain of 3 blade fbl. :-)
No other damage when it ditched.

Are the henge md933 good?
resago is offline Find More Posts by resago
Last edited by resago; Feb 23, 2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:42 PM
Slope Soaring Plank Scratcher
Australia, NSW, Keerrong
Joined Jan 2013
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicke.a View Post
What happends if I place the pcb behind the shaft, that would really help my ballancing..
from what i remember.. it reverses the reactions/effect of the gyro.. it would make the tail react back to front?
sorry i cant recall exactly.. its buried somewhere back in this thread
Gygax is offline Find More Posts by Gygax
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gygax View Post
from what i remember.. it reverses the reactions/effect of the gyro.. it would make the tail react back to front?
sorry i cant recall exactly.. its buried somewhere back in this thread
If that's the case wouldn't you just have to reverse the rudder in the tx to get it to work right?
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:55 PM
Slope Soaring Plank Scratcher
Australia, NSW, Keerrong
Joined Jan 2013
592 Posts
thats what i was thinking as i wrote that..
cant remember the details, but at the time it seemed like a problem for whoever it was that tried it..
Gygax is offline Find More Posts by Gygax
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:52 PM
Sweden, Jönköping County, Gislaved
Joined Feb 2013
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajah235 View Post
Nicke, you will be fine using anything that supplies 4 or 6 Amps.
Most Li-Po battery's "normally recommended" charge rate, is just 1C.
Ok, thanks m8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Any stabilised supply that can hold 11-17V at 5 amps will do it.
With only a few small mini heli batts to charge you will not need the 5 amps, but trying to parallel charge 10 of 600mAH 1s batts limits it already.

-mike-
Do you mean I can charge several batteries with that Imax b6 charger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
If that's the case wouldn't you just have to reverse the rudder in the tx to get it to work right?
Nah, the pcb still provides the servos with the same signals from the TX, so if you reverse them the heli will turn the wrong way and the gyro will still correct to the wrong way resulting in a endless spin?
You know what, I'll do a test tomorrow

You must be right though about gyro placed behind shaft will mess up everything.
Nicke.a is offline Find More Posts by Nicke.a
Last edited by Nicke.a; Feb 23, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:38 PM
cut cut cut... ****!
United States, PA, Birdsboro
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gygax View Post
thats what i was thinking as i wrote that..
cant remember the details, but at the time it seemed like a problem for whoever it was that tried it..
I was one of those whose turned the Pcb around and in the process managed too get the gyro beyond the main shaft and as far as I remember nothing had to be changed on the tx.

I do remember posing that same set of questions though.
jkoosh27 is offline Find More Posts by jkoosh27
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,344 Posts
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; May 08, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:55 PM
Mr. Crash and Burn
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Repositioning the gyro might have some effect on how it reacts, because you are changing the axis it's turning on, but it is still turning the same way, clockwise is still clockwise, etc. It's quite another matter if you turn it over or stand it on end, though.
hey balr can you do me a favor if you still have your cp heli could you take pics of the swash where it sets at low med and high stick in both norm and id mode i believe my radio went retarded....
Dweenie is offline Find More Posts by Dweenie
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:15 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jan 2013
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Repositioning the gyro might have some effect on how it reacts, because you are changing the axis it's turning on, but it is still turning the same way, clockwise is still clockwise, etc. It's quite another matter if you turn it over or stand it on end, though.
Shouldn't make a difference.. Funny thing about moments (those things gyros measure)....they are the same regardless of the distance to the axis of rotation. It never quite squared with me in school, but that's how it works.

I'd think the thing to worry about would be vibration. That could affect the gyro, and it WILL vary with location.
gsking is offline Find More Posts by gsking